Ownership Verified: The red baron! My Donkervoort S8AT, hubby of topless swede and connoisseur of boost!

This is madness.

I absolutely approve. :thumbsup:

Also, I have difficulties trying to understan the clutch/shifter handling as well, but I'll watch the video tonight. Perhaps that'll help. :)

Epic! :thumbsup:

Looks good!

Now, stick some cheap chinese tyres on it, and show us how it handles in the snow :)

:w00t:

So choice. What year model is it?

Appearance wise, dont change a thing on it. The wheels suit it perfectly. :thumbup:

TOO MUCH FISHEYE!!!!

And that's about the only negative thing I can come up with. Brilliant!

Absolutely brilliant!
:lol:

i'm speechless, gl with that beast.

Awesome car! Congrats!

Wow, a donkervoort! The best looking seven in my eyes, plus built to a very high level of quailty. Welcome to the club :D
Can't wait for the go pro videos.

I am driving this at Ringmeet next year. You have no say in the matter.

Somewhat unexpected. But seems awesome.

Discreetly approved.

7ejBI.gif

Last edited:
Very cool! I'm trying to figure out how the brake/clutch works, but it keeps braking my brain.
I'll make a video demonstrating that as soon as i can!

I hope you have enough hands to handle the beast, sounds pretty ambitious with a full manual :) And a turbo. Will be quite a workout.
Can't wait to see every detail in person. Not even two Caterhams are alike, and different makers always add something else to the mix.
The only "big" 7 I've sat in was the SV, this looks like it might be slightly larger than that. Regardless, should be more than quick enough.
And finally, I reject this crazy idea of calling it an 8! It may be an S8, but it's clearly a Seven!

Oh, and the low mounted headlights look really mean! I need to see if I can replicate that :p
After having driven it for two days now, i can safely say it is quite the handful. Luckily it's no problem on the highways, but i have had my share of fun! Passing people is just... insane. The experience cannot be described. I'll try and get it to ringmeet! But it may be too much for a roadtrip yet.
As for the name, it now has one. Manfred. After the Red Baron pilot. :)

Wow, nice purchase! I had no idea that these cars came with the pinto engine in turbo form. What is the mfg. year of the car? Like the Revolution wheels as well, very 80's.

Seems like they tried to hide the agricultural appearance of the ohc pinto engine with some type of engine cover? If the car starts feeling sluggish, it's quite cheap to modify a turbo pinto to around 300-350hp ;) Although I think it'll be enough of a handful as it is with those hand controls!
It's a MY1992. The wheels are nice, but horribly unround. We'll see what i do with those.

Well he has an awesome American Land Yacht
He has an awesome German V12 Grand Tourer
He has an awesome Dutch 7 replica
He has an awesome German van
He has an awesome street legal kart thing,

Clearly that means a Bowler Wildcat is next.
A Tesla Roadster / something electric is next.

:yes:
I think I need to get my name on your will. :)
I need a german license/wife. So i can drive german-plated cars in Norway. Make that happen and we can talk.

:shock:
That is awesome!! Congrats!
Hope to see it at Ringmeet 2014 ;)
I don't know how that will pan out yet.

:w00t:
So choice. What year model is it?

Appearance wise, dont change a thing on it. The wheels suit it perfectly. :thumbup:
The car is six days younger than me, built March 26th 1992.

Looks good!

Now, stick some cheap chinese tyres on it, and show us how it handles in the snow :)
I have put proper winter tires on it this weekend. Toyos!

I am driving this at Ringmeet next year. You have no say in the matter.
I'll gladly let you try it out! Just to see how many times you stall it :D

Wow, a donkervoort! The best looking seven in my eyes, plus built to a very high level of quailty. Welcome to the club :D
Can't wait for the go pro videos.
I took the GoPros with me on friday to the office to charge them. Sadly, i forgot them there!

Somewhat unexpected. But seems awesome.

Discreetly approved.

7ejBI.gif
Unexpected? What could possibly make you say that :ninja:

In other news, took it out for a two-day trip this weekend on temporary plate. Inspection is the 19th, and hopefully it passes and gets plates! I put some winter tires on it, 195 section, and hoooly fucking shit. It's so overpowered with such skinny tires. It lights the rears through first, second and third unless the asfalt is spotless. On the damp highway i had to watch the throttle in fifth even. As soon as it hits boost you just hold on for the ride. Luckily, as you sit on the rear tires, you can instantly feel and correct any tailhappiness. Which, i must be honest here, there was heaps and loads of. Passed yet another Ford (ringtrip people will know what i'm getting at here) sideways with too much revs. Tunnelblasting is absolutely hilarious. Flick it in third, empty that, over to fourth and empty that. By that time the speedometer has stopped counting.

EDIT: Sorry for not answering everyone, it's been a busy couple of days. Feel free to ask any questions you might have again.

Last edited:
A Tesla Roadster / something electric is next.

But Tesla doesn't make an offroader.

I don't know how that will pan out yet.

This is how it will pan out. You tow it to Germany with the 850. Its light enough right? And the V12 puts out enough power right? :p

I'll gladly let you try it out! Just to see how many times you stall it :D

Hopefully I will be there to film that and post it all over Autoweek's site.

This is how it will pan out. You tow it to Germany with the 850. Its light enough right? And the V12 puts out enough power right? :p
That is indeed the current plan.

That is so awesome! You sailed under a lucky star to be able to find a car that had already been modified for you. I hope you enjoy the heck out of it!