Ownership Verified: The "RS" stands for "Really Slow"

I applaud you for actually using the car and not letting it become a garage queen.

^x3

I've probably said this somewhere before, but I <3 your car. The noise it makes on that video is just wonderful!

180 days, that is.

I just ordered my second set of R6s and am studiously avoiding calculating my per-lap cost for track tires. :)

I know the feeling, like I said in my thread, yeah have to avoid thinking about what I am spending on tires and just pretend they will last longer than they will.

Glad you are enjoying the RS, absolutely my dream car. Some day.

Just ordered the third set of R6s this week, after a two days at a new track last weekend. Equiraptor and I spent Saturday and Sunday down at MSR Houston. Saturday was dry and Sunday was heavy rain so I got a good mixture of wet and dry track time.

As always, I took some video... :) Here's some highlights from Saturday morning (second time I'd been on this track ever) chasing another RS and an orange Lotus 2-eleven... My friend Mark in the orange RS has a little pucker moment around 4:30 in the video.

Last edited:
Awesome video, good save by your buddy Mark there. That sound is intoxicating.

Thanks! I've got to say, also, it was really fun coming home after a day of sliding around on the track in heavy rain and watching the F1 drivers coping with similar conditions in Shanghai.

Last edited:
Hey all you Texas people...

Hey all you Texas people...

(I'm looking at you Stig, coco, woofle, TBoneUs... and is klanky still in Texas?)

It's not too late to sign up for the H2R track day on 8 May in San Marcos (Facebook or MotorsportReg). Equi and I will both be there. You should come drive, or at least come spectate and catch rides with the drivers. I'll bring the flowers.

(I'm looking at you Stig, coco, woofle, TBoneUs... and is klanky still in Texas?)

It's not too late to sign up for the H2R track day on 8 May in San Marcos (Facebook or MotorsportReg). Equi and I will both be there. You should come drive, or at least come spectate and catch rides with the drivers. I'll bring the flowers.

Klanky isn't in Texas anymore.

Hmmm....I might be able to do that- my car is at the shop now getting serviced, so maybe I'll be able to come up, although I only have one set of tires, I'll probably go easy.

/racecar driver excuse

:D

I certainly wouldn't mind riding shotgun though!

I really want to, problem is that I don't have the cash for the entry fee and that is during my exams. Ill look and see if they need any corner workers this weekend to see if I can get a credit, but I think it is all ready filled out.

edit:
Now if you want to bring the RS to the SPOKES AutoX at SAR this weekend I would be happy to meet up there, the fact that I am going anyway helps ;)

edit2:
Yeah the more I think about it I just cant take that much time off in the middle of finals. It will have to be another time.

Last edited:
Seeking opinions... If I decided to get rid of the BOFH license plate, what do you guys think of these alternatives?

plates.png

(I'd have to do the orange bits myself)

I haven't been a professional BOFH in quite a few years and I've been wanting to move to something else, but I'm having trouble finding enthusiasm for any alternatives. NUGGET is always taken.

Last edited:
ovRStr x3 :thumbsup:

are you saying that you are allowed to paint your license plate on your own? :blink:

Awwww, I like BOFH!

Option #3:
1. Kill guy with "NUGGET"
2. ...
3. Hopefully not jail?

(Another vote for OVRSTR, then...as long as it's the cool black ones and not those hiiiiiideous turquoise things they've come up with now.)

Last edited:
Set a new personal best at Harris Hill Road two weekends ago (1:26.3) but I took a nasty rock strike from a Corvette and had to buy a new windshield. Ups and downs I guess. I continue to love this car and thrash the hell out of it every opportunity I get. Here's some highlights from the most recent track time:

Still BOFH.

Last edited:
is it still fun?

looks like you're miles faster than the competition, when you can't battle, doesn't it become boring?

How about some alternative ideas

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/12/PLPB202.jpg

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2010/07/12/PLPC001.jpg

edit: both available on the site btw

Last edited: