Ownership Verified: The Saaba begins: 1995 Saab 9000 Aero

Meatballing?

2015-09-12-1442069311-779983-adweek.jpeg

Well someone has certainly added way more horses to this particular example.

Funny.

:mrgreen:

In other news, this is the upgraded stripe pack that the guy will be sending me:

Such awesome. I'll wave if I see you on the streets of Boston.

You're aware that Saab used those kinds of stripes on the 99 turbo, right? :lol:

If he was really dedicated, he should go back to 114,3 bolt pattern hubs and mount some football or Inca wheels.

You're aware that Saab used those kinds of stripes on the 99 turbo, right? :lol:
Oh I'm fully aware. In fact these are patterned on exactly those stripes, and since "Turbo" is a lower trim than "Aero" on the 9000, it's technically not ricing! :mrgreen:

If he was really dedicated, he should go back to 114,3 bolt pattern hubs and mount some football or Inca wheels.

Incas would look so sweet on the 9000, it's too bad they're not available as 16s.

Slumming, then? :lol:
Humbling? Stripes are now in the mail and on their way. I'm excited to see how they turn out.

I've been trying to figure out what my cars have in common. So far, I've found the following:

-DOHC 4 valves per cylinder
-Coil-on-plug ignition
-Fuel injected
-Timing chain
-Premium fuel

Not much else comes to mind.

Its like a game of Set. Find all matching traits or all different traits.

An engine. Couple of windows. A steering wheel. Four tyres! :p

I expect these stripes are going to be a challenge to put on properly.

...and now with them installed, it has abandoned any pretense of being a sleeper.

Last edited:
:thumbsup:

Needs more ducktail spoiler!

I would, but I enjoy my rear visibility too much; the tail doesn't extend down far enough for a ducktail. I was thinking Sierra-style biplane, but that'd be tricky to attach.