The Stargate Universe Thread

I thought it was very good.

the whole lucian alliance thing was retarded, I keep on hoping that the show will some how become good but it's just a bunch of whiny bitches doing the dumbest thing possible

That it was a cliffhanger makes it that much worse.

The cliffhanger wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't the season finale. Why can't they have an actual story arc progress somewhere before going on break? I guess they're really trying to milk what little they have for as long as they can.

The one positive comment I have is that I like the way they work the SG1 team into the show. Every scene with O'Neil is awesome.

Now where the hell is my Stargate Atlantis movie?

Now where the hell is my Stargate Atlantis movie?

wont go ahead until either MGM's debt is wiped out, or MGM sells the rights to the Stargate franchise.

they wont risk making anything if it wont be a definite moneyspinner, their situation has gotten so bad.

:/ Space is still airing going to be airing it on fridays, still probably not motivated enough to download it for the HDs... a pox and you and your house, Space, for your refusal to go HD even though there's HD commercials for your channel on other channels that are in HD, wtf.

Ugh I still have this show in my RSS downloader. I hope I remember to fix that.

Yay it is back.

And it sucks, again.

All the hopes I had for stupid Chloe finally dying: Nooooooo mysterious healing.

Army boy and annoying black "tough guy": Saved too.

As well, "dream scene" by Johanson to save her baby: God someone hand me a vomit bucket. Just because they noticed their idea with the baby was a trainwreck and needed to get rid of it they wrote this shit because they didn't want to kill the baby? Oh please, pathetic. "Oh yes it got teleported here while it died and it can live here but you can't because of the aliens".

Clichee evil guy with bald head: check.

And where did Robert Knepper "T-Bag" suddenly come from? Can't remember him on the show before..

Annoying asian woman: still not dead. Disappointed.

Only thing positive: Redhead technician chick from that alliance.

I predict a season of befriending the Goa'uld and fighting badly animated blue aliens. And a lot of soap drama. And Eli will try hitting on redhead chick because Chloe is a trainwreck story-wise but they can't kill her. I guess this is why she was introduced...

I predict a season of befriending the Goa'uld

You mean the Lucian Alliance members?

Anyone notice that the Lucian Alliance Luitenant (or whatever rank he is) the one that got sent to the planet, is played by the same guy that played Kyrik in the episode of SG: Atlantis "Tracker".

I just noticed that because that episode was on yesterday too. :p

I always did wonder what happened to Kyrik... lol.

I gotta agree with D-Fence, definitely more of the same for the debut episode. Hopefully now that they dealt with the hanging ended from last season, they can move on an actually do something beyond this "Soap Opera" BS. SG-1 and Atlantis had great formats, and this bad attempt to make Stargate edgy (and more like BSG) is just not working for me. That seems to be the general consensus too.

I'm not a big fan of the whole "mystic aliens" thing with the doctor chick and her baby. Seems too much like the "final 5 Cylons" from BSG, which to me is the main issue with SGU. Battlestar was great, but its not Stargate. Stick with what works, modernize it a bit maybe, but stick with it.

Stargate: Voyager.

I watched the season two premier yesterday. Watched may not be the proper term as it was hard to see anything at all. I do give credit to the director for going green through the use of glow sticks instead of traditional set lighting, but this was too much. The darkness gave me difficulty in enjoying the stalker cam. Thankfully whirling around in an office chair for ten minutes proved to be an apt alternative of the experience.

The studio should consider publishing a story guide as is done for soap operas so I can keep track of the shallow melodrama that appears to have no bearing on the rest of the show. I would suggest that the show runners replace Chole with a sea lion. A sea lion can balance a ball on its head and jump through suspended hoops. As a useless character it would be far more entertaining. For edginess they can transfer the relationships of Scott and Wallace to the sea lion.

Once I ripped off the scab of melodrama I did find a cubic zirconia in the rough. The bland Stargate SG1 episode that held the rest of the disaster together was just entertaining enough to kept me watching until the end. A definite improvement since the last season's cliff hanger.

Unfortunately I cannot find a hammer, if so I would continue to watch the series. I do feel with the appropriate amount of self inflect pain and brain damage this show would be very watchable.

Just watched the second episode last night.

It was pretty bad, but I'm truely hoping that now Rush has control and they are *spoiler* heading towards that thing... something might happen.

I was also disapointed that what's his name died. He was probably one of the better supporting characters.