The Stargate Universe Thread

You guys get the episodes on wednessday don't you?

I have to wait untill friday to pass my judgement. But I'm honestly getting to the end of my rope with this show. If it doesn't pick up soon, I'm done. And I have a long rope.

sounds like SyFy has delivered its Xmas present to me then. show should have been cancelled ages ago. SGU will only be remembered for a attempt to do something new only to fail miserably.

imo it was just starting to get better, the last 4-5 episodes have been the best of the show so far.

I'm thankful for them canning it. Now they can fund another show. We don't need another BSG.

I'm thankful for them canning it. Now they can fund another show. We don't need another BSG.

When was the last time "SyFy" did anything worth while? Everything they've done in the past 2-3 years has been total fucking shit. At least SGU was a continuation of something we kind of cared about, rather then a shitty B-movie... I'm fairly pissed about this to be honest. :/

Hopefully this won't be the end of stargate though.

I'm still waiting for my SG:Atlantis movie.

Hopefully this won't be the end of stargate though.

I'm still waiting for my SG:Atlantis movie.

SG:Atlantis movie isn't happening because of how fucked MGM is financially. Its the reason why there hasn't been another 007 movie with Craig yet either.

i would much rather see them do another Stargate series but go back to its SG-1, Atlantis roots and something more family/entertainment friendly.

however, i would say that this might be a good time to let the Stargate franchise cool off for a bit.

(Sorry for the bump)
Anyone still watching this? I thought the last episode was pretty good, they managed to crack a few jokes...if the crew are starting to play nicely with each other then the series might get better. A shame that it's unlikely we'll get more episodes after these ones finish up. I actually really like this show.

No, I gave up on it at the mid season break.

I'll probably end up DLing the season when it comes out fully, just so I can watch the rest in one sitting.

Nope

I watched the first season and some episodes of the second season to give it another try but frankly i've had enough of it.

Its getting progressively better as they have finally found out how to link episodes together, also: spacebattles and more Nicolas Rush.

For the record: I hope they all die at the end of the last episode. I think that's the only way the series will satisfactorily end.

I can't help but think that if they had sped up the whole Galactica versus the cylons Destiny versus the drones plot to be the arc for the first half of the season they wouldn't have been cancelled. Instead they played with the idea a little bit and didn't have any meaningful arc for the first half. The first half was all Lucian Alliance, but it wasn't much of anything, the attack was done with quickly, the stuff on earth didn't really matter, the creepy guy being a creep and then killing off all the leatherfreaks except "I've had six roles on Stargate" Varro was stupid because in the end nothing about the lucian alliance mattered. But then if they did last another season they would be in a new galaxy and the drones would be gone and that would be meaningless.

I did like SGU, but crafting a show so that nothing has any lasting effect after its plot has been resolved... *sigh* Oh wow they bring back the people that stayed on that planet just so they can die again! And once the characters got to where they were comfortable they pretty much stopped developing them.

Last edited:
wrestling and ending indie music emo montages killed the stargate franchise stone dead.