The strangest thing you have seen...

CraigB

Ich bin ein Kartoffel
DONOR
Car(s)
Mustang SVO - Frontier Pro-4X - BRZ - D21 Hardbody
I saw a similar thread on Qurora and thought it would be fun to read some of FG Member's stories about the strangest thing they have seen in their life.

I'll start out with mine:

On a trip to Utah in 2006 we had stopped somewhere in Colorado off of I-70 for diesel (I had a Ford F250 at the time). As we turned under I-70 to get on the on-ramp there he was, in all his glory, thumbing for a ride. Darth Vader. If I was by myself I would have though I was hallucinating, but the other four in the truck saw him as well. There was a brief discussion if we wanted to pickup the Sith Lord. However, we decided it was probably best to shun the Dark Side and continue to SLC.

I was driving home one night, very late, very dark, a bit foggy, narrow country road with fields on either side, not another soul in sight, this was going on for a few miles, suddenly rabbits, rabbits everywhere, on the road, on the side of the road, on the fields, all sitting compleetly still looking at the headlights, eyes reflecting, not even bothering to get out of the way, had to swerve to avoid flattening them, this went on for 100-200m or so, after that nothing again.

It's perfectly normal for rabbits to be in the fields at night around here, but never this many.

Last edited:
One of the stranger things I've seen

[video=youtube;aFMP-ACk6aw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFMP-ACk6aw[/video]

Probably 20 years ago... I went for a loooong time without telling many people about this:

My buddy Kevin and I run/work/organize quite a few road rallies every year. In this instance we had set up a control (checkpoint) on Rt. 373, a narrow local road that forms a semi-circle of maybe 5 miles off State Rt. 93 in southern Ohio. It was after dusk and we were sitting in our car, waiting for the first rally car to check in when we saw someone - well, something - walking toward us. It was tall, lanky and wearing one of those 'print' house-dresses that used to be popular. The arms and legs were covered in reddish fur and its head looked like a cross between a wolf and a fox. The 'hands' (gloves??) were also fur-covered and had elongated 'fingers' that ended in claw-like nails. It walked calmly past our car and gazed in at us. We were far too stunned to say or do anything except quickly lock the doors as it approached. The place where we were set up is National Forest land - quite a distance from any homes or farms, so we couldn't begin to guess where it came from or where it was going. Just one of those things I'll never forget...

SL

Last edited:
Sounds to me a lot like this....

Peter+Gabriel_The+Fox.jpg

Some drunk Genesis fan on the way home from a party maybe?

Some drunk Genesis fan on the way home from a party maybe?

Kev and I decided that it had to be something like that... What threw us for a loop was how well-made the costume was and how well it fit the person wearing it. This wasn't something that was purchased at a discount store! The other odd thing was how far from 'civilization' we were. Maybe 'it' was headed to/from an outdoor costume party?

SL

Nevertheless it would have freaked me the hell out.