Unveiled: The Teslerr Model 3

I posted a video over in the "I hate Tesla" thread that was a tear down of the 3. In it, the guy says the battery was quite impressive.

:rolleyes:

You are literally excited about a car working as it should you realize that right? My damn Xterra can do 4 laps of mid ohio without overheating.

Comparison with ICE cars is not the point here. I'm excited about the first BEV that can do it, as opposed to all other BEVs currently available. BEVs haven't reached parity with ICEs on all fronts yet, and progress in any area is something to be excited about imho.

Also, it'll be a fair bit faster than your Xterra on those 4 laps :)

prizrak;n3549094 said:
You are literally excited about a car working as it should you realize that right? My damn Xterra can do 4 laps of mid ohio without overheating.

I am not excited by it exactly. I was rolling my eyes at your disingenuous statement about your phone not overheating. Unless you are running benchmarks while taking a call, I would not be impressed either.

leviathan;n3549097 said:
Comparison with ICE cars is not the point here. I'm excited about the first BEV that can do it, as opposed to all other BEVs currently available. BEVs haven't reached parity with ICEs on all fronts yet, and progress in any area is something to be excited about imho.

Also, it'll be a fair bit faster than your Xterra on those 4 laps :)

It'll be slower than my Mustang, that also wouldn't have any issue running 4 laps back to back but I specifically picked a non sports car to make my point ;)

GRtak;n3549098 said:
I am not excited by it exactly. I was rolling my eyes at your disingenuous statement about your phone not overheating. Unless you are running benchmarks while taking a call, I would not be impressed either.

Because everyone is dick riding Tesla because they made a car not overheat... This test also makes about as much sense as every single car being developed on the 'ring, this is an environment that the car will likely never see in its entire life. Wanna impress me with cooling? Put it in an LA 3 hour traffic jam on a 100 degree day with running A/C on max.

Last edited:
You are the one assuming I am "dick riding" here. I pointed out that there was a tear down video of the Tesla and they said that it was impressive. As a matter of fact, he said it was the best battery pack they had ever seen.

Last edited:
All controls being in a touch screen has got to be the dumbest idea ever. Also no offline maps in a car navigation?