The "Things that annoy me" thread

On Reddit, someone was looking for help identifying a guitar used in a black and white country music video where you only saw portions of it, and usually partially out of focus.

I figured out what model it was, from the 1960s, from a small Italian builder, found better photos of the item, found a 10-year-old magazine article with the musician with the guitar, and even found a second music video with clearer views of it to confirm my findings. Dude didn't even provide a link to video he was asking about, just posted the name of the song.

Not even so much as a single upvote. 😅

Here, have one!

Bloody Sahara sand blowing all over the place. Everything looks like we're in the friggin Wild West now, covered in rust-colored fine sand UGH. Will have to wash the car again and all the windows and everything. But when?
This so very much. Tried to get the worst off the car with a simple garden hose, but nope.

Also, there’s little point to washing right now, as the next rainshower will have more Sahara sand….

OK that was a fluke. It works until I work up a nice sweat, then it’s gone. Ugh. Half a year old. RMA here we come then…
Well... amazon is a bunch of bastards...
Sent the bloody thing in to their "repair center" and was told it was gonna be max. 12 days. The repair status was supposed to be tracked on their site somewhere but in my case it only knew two states: "waiting for your package" and, now, "has your repaired item returned yet?". If I answer the latter with no, it just tells me to get in contact with their customer service. Yup... good process right there, amazon, real nice. The customer rep doesn't seem to get that I sent the device in for repair, rather than a refund/whatever to amazon and is under the impression the article never arrived with them (it didn't, it went to amazon repair, which seems to be different for whatever fuckall reason).

edit: after a bunch of to and fro the rep seems to have found my repair order and tells me the repair just takes up to 15 or more (sic) days (after their process originally communicated 12) and that the device should be back with me in the next 48 hours. no tracking info no nothing, just "trust, it's gonna show up somewhere".

What happened, Jeff? amazon processes like this used to be amazingly efficient, simple and above all transparent (or at least they felt like you knew what was going on). what is this garbage?

Last edited:
I got a 100% grade on an assignment. OK, fine. But then the teacher added a comment, which they don't always do. So they made the conscious decision to add an additional, manually-written note:

"Interesting..."

No additional context. What the heck am I supposed to do with that? 😅

It was just a small exercise where the grade is basically "did you turn something in within the required parameters?", but c'mon...

I got a 100% grade on an assignment. OK, fine. But then the teacher added a comment, which they don't always do. So they made the conscious decision to add an additional, manually-written note:

"Interesting..."

It was just a small exercise where the grade is basically "did you turn something in within the required parameters?", but c'mon...

interesting.gif

"Interesting..."

Intriguing.

Got to bed late last night, i dreamt i woke up at 1pm and wasted my sunday. Turns out it was 7:30, and i was refusing to check the clock for a while and kept rolling over. Never happened, so up i got. Great…