The "Things that annoy me" thread

I went to a Subaru meet and all I got was a raging boner.

....?

boener-mad-cropped-proto-custom_2.jpg

Yes very good news. :thumbsup: In the process we have seen a strong politicisation of his supporters, politics may be changed dramatically because of this, but luckily most of his supporters seem to be rather stupid.

In the end his own dissertation advisor called him more or less a fraud and you could see on his face, when he sat in the parliament, that the whole thing was nagging at him more, than he would admit and show in front of the camera or at the speaker's desk.

I think he is a bit arrogant, maybe because of his aristocratic heritage, but I also always felt he was a moral person at the core and also a very talented politician. I bet he would have resigned much earlier, if it wasn't such a critical phase for his party CDU. There are lots of elections this year, very critical ones among them, and Guttenberg is/was the CDU's biggest hope for the future. I'm sure that many of his CDU friends told him to hold out, no matter the cost, but in the end that wasn't a realistical option anymore.

So him resigning now is a disaster for the CDU but it probably isn't his career's end. I would have hoped, that his resignation was more dignified and not only a result of the enormous pressure put onto him, but at least his career might recover from it now and some day he can come back stronger. If he hadn't resigned, though, he would have never heard the end of it. It would have been an eternal open wound for journalists and academics to lay their fingers on.

I believe, that in the end even chancellor Merkel (she's an academic, too) must have realized, that there is no way out of this situation. Guttenberg's popularity is still strong but with the ongoing barrage of fire from the media, it would have only been a question of time, until it sank. This way he can remain popular and maybe rise again in the future -- maybe even as the next CDU's candidate for chancellor.

But again it shows, that the conservative parties' leading politicians are much more clinging to their seats, when they have done something wrong, than their counterparts from the social-democratic SPD for example.

Last edited:
I know this won't make sense to most people cos this only happens on small towns like mine, not big cities. When you're driving and there's a pedestrian about to cross along the zebra, it's polite to stop and let it pass.
BUT!
I hate it when drivers stop for a pedestrian who's just starting to walk on the other side of the crossing. That is, when you're driving along and the car in front of you stops to let someone who's crossing all the way from the left of the road towards the right (towards our lane). There would be time for him and me to pass and the pedestrian wouldn't have reached our side of the road so he wouldn't have gotten hurt.
This 'courtesy' is all very nice and polite but it wastes tyres, it wastes brakes, and it wastes time, while not getting anything for it >.<

And then I hate it when people who are crossing the street taking their sweet long time while they know you've stopped on purpose to not run them over, when there's no traffic lights telling you to

^I SO get that. People do it all the time here too.... you brake real hard, and wait for ages until some old dude has found the strenght to pass.

When I don't do that and just drive along normally people honk and you get evil stares.... :roll:

Did we have mobile phones already? I think it's really annoying, when people use strange ring tones really loud in the public, like for example a crying baby.

I talked to my cousin lately, who is a master sergeant in the German air force and a couple of years older than me. Some "nice" buddy from his team had installed a new ring tone on his mobile phone, while my cousin wasn't paying attention. So he stood at the meat counter in the supermarket after work, still in uniform and all, and suddenly his phone rang with the beginning of Queen's "Mustapha".

You'd hate my text message alert. It's Jeremy Clarkson going "I've got a text!" from S9E1 (I think). I had considered using his "Whose phone's that?" line from his outtakes as my main ringtone, but that got old quickly

Back to "things that annoy me": any of these "LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER AND BE BFFs!!!!" threads started by Hive. I'm breaking out in hives just thinking about them.

Nobody ever wants to play with the new kid..........:p

My pet hates of the day: People with no common sense, and people who turn their fog lights on when there's no fucken fog.

My brother has a sixth sense about what I'm gonna crave in the next 30 minutes, and he goes to the kitchen and eat it before I get the chance...

My family, I've been around them for less than a DAY and I already want to punch several family members square in the face for being rude, annoying, or treating me like I'm mentally challenged. <_<

And they wonder why I almost never call home....I don't "miss" my family when I'm at school. Call me heartless, but I love them but I'm not longing to be with them every fucking day, sorry parents.

Last edited:
i hate when i got my tunes blaring in my car and the old lady will start talking to me.

listen hun, loud music means me no talky to you.

then she turns it down and talks :(

Reactions: MWF
I hate it when drivers stop for a pedestrian who's just starting to walk on the other side of the crossing. That is, when you're driving along and the car in front of you stops to let someone who's crossing all the way from the left of the road towards the right (towards our lane).

Actually, I think it might be the law that if there's a pedestrian in the crosswalk on either side, you are supposed to stop.

i hate when i got my tunes blaring in my car and the old lady will start talking to me.

listen hun, loud music means me no talky to you.

then she turns it down and talks :(

I used to listed to music at work at my old old job. My boxx would come into the back to read something, and turn the music down while they are there. That's fine...but then they wouldn't turn it back on when they left...and they encouraged the music in the first place!