The "Things that annoy me" thread

It's a stupid advert, also and I've never seen a black person in a Yaris.

That's cause were too cool for Yari. Jk my friend has one.

News just in: New Yaris can park in a space where many, many other cars could... but not a monster truck...

Toyota really know how to market their average-as-an-average-thing strong points... In the form of a bad rap... sung by a white guy who seems to have got all his fashion knowledge from watching The Fresh Prince Of Bel-Air...

The launch ad campaign here uses "yaris. Its a car." As the slogan. No I can't believe it either.

I believe Rick expressed interest in that new yaris.

But that is a bad ripoff of the kia soul commercials. Really toyota? This ad expresses to me you are selling the knockoff version.

I did, it looks sharp but the interior is awful. I'm a bit of a interior quality whore (ironic for obvious reasons...:p) so no thanks toyota.

I didn't get the resemblence to the Soul...that's more of a small crossover than anything imo. :)

The COMMERCIAL is a ripoff. Remember the famous rapping hamsters? Significantly more clever, entertaining, and better rendered.

The COMMERCIAL is a ripoff. Remember the famous rapping hamsters? Significantly more clever, entertaining, and better rendered.

Ahhhh gotcha. I blame my shitty phone for the misunderstanding :p

Ha! That's a ripoff too. ...from a 1992 italian commerical of the Fiat Uno...

It was advertised for having -five- gears and metal rims with plasti covers...

Modern funnel cakes. They are called funnel cakes, because the batter is extruded into the hot oil through a funnel (or, from a frosting/piping bag), giving you a nice, twisty, uniformly-thick and light cripsy treat. The past more-than-a-couple years though, these places have ditched the funnel, and now just pour the batter out of a pitcher, creating too-thin portions that burn, and too-thick sections that are essentially raw and lousy with grease. Blech. I've even seen some places use a ladel. :blink:

They are not called "pitcher cakes."

What they used to look like:
funnel_cake-21-2.jpg

44101.jpg

What they look like now:
funnel-cake.jpg

[/america, this is why...]

Last edited:
Never had a funnel cake, they look awesome. I do like fresh doughnuts (correct UK spelling FTW) though.

An easier and more common alternative is Fried Dough, which is exactly what it sounds like.

People who drive with their hazard lights on. Yes, we know you're going super-slow. Obviously. There's a huge line of cars behind you. What we can't tell is if you're about to turn, because you have no fucking blinkers when your hazards are on. All we know is that your dumb ass is slowing to a crawl a turtle could exceed, but we can only guess that maybe it's because *gasp* you're about to make a left across traffic.

Also, anyone who stops their car in a parking lot without pulling into a space. I don't care if you're only running in for 2 minutes. IT'S A FUCKING PARKING LOT. THAT'S WHAT IT'S FUCKING FOR. USE A SPACE, GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!

Driving using a camcorder and undertaking?

Undertaking isn't illegal in (I'm guessing) the States. Even if it was illegal here (which it isn't, not sure about other provinces), I would still do it if necessary if the lane hogger doesn't get out of the way. Just like Jeremy said "if there's enough space to overtake, there was enough space for the hogger to get out of the way in the first place; they're the ones who should be prosecuted".

Last edited:
The Nutella radio ads. Kids singing "I say a little prayer for you". They are off key. It makes me grind my teeth.

New addition: work emails replied by other people, difference being that they reply to your original email 3-4 times and makes keeping track of shit to be done even more shitty.

Also, anyone who stops their car in a parking lot without pulling into a space. I don't care if you're only running in for 2 minutes. IT'S A FUCKING PARKING LOT. THAT'S WHAT IT'S FUCKING FOR. USE A SPACE, GODFUCKINGDAMMIT!

When I went shopping the other day there was a Vette parked in front of the store just outside the door facing the wrong way. As I go in the door I was asked if it was still there and then the guy told me that he thought the owner parked it there so everyone could see his cool car get towed away. As I was coming out it was on a flatbed with the guy screaming at him for towing it and the cops were now on their way.

Very rarely, you get to see justice being served. :D

GRtak, reminds me of a couple of weeks ago on the highway. One asshole is tailgating everyone, weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, generally acting like a douche. A couple of miles down the road a county sheriff pulls into traffic and immediately pulls the guy over. I could see people around me cheering as we all drove past him pulled over onto the shoulder getting his ticket.

It's a rare and beautiful thing to see justice meted out instantly like that.