The "Things that annoy me" thread

Spectre

The Deported
Car(s)
00 4Runner | 02 919 | 87 XJ6 | 86 CB700SC
If you try that here, nearly every prospective driver would die of heat stroke in the summer. While that would be one way to reduce traffic, it wouldn't be terribly conducive to continued vehicular transport and a 99-100% kill rate might be a bit frowned upon. :p

katwalk

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2003 VW Beetle, 2017 Abarth Fiat 500c
I support the bicycle addition but only if it is mostly applied to children who cannot drive anyway and result in bicycles having to take a driver's test and actually learn the damn road laws. 😂

I don't think problem with cyclists is the bicycles as much as the fact 90% of the time they face no consequences for ignoring all the road rules.

Anyway I have an important addition to the list of vehicles:
duck-boat-1-e1532096886678.jpg

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Ahh, milsurp DUKW. There's one doing tours in San Francisco too.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
I support the bicycle addition but only if it is mostly applied to children who cannot drive anyway and result in bicycles having to take a driver's test and actually learn the damn road laws. 😂
Yeah, that works really well with car and truck drivers... :rolleyes:

Btw: at least in Germany most people who cycle have driver's licenses as well. Many of them actually know the road laws better than car drivers since that's literally the only thing protecting cyclists from car and truck drivers.

I don't think problem with cyclists is the bicycles as much as the fact 90% of the time they face no consequences for ignoring all the road rules.
You can say that about car drivers as well, especially with parking infractions - at least here in Germany the fines are laughably low, even if you park right across the whole sidewalk or at corners where people with disabilities and mums/dads with strollers have no chance of getting onto the sidewalk again.

Yes, I am aware of cyclists behaving erratically, but that's not because they're cyclists but because they're humans. Car drivers are equally as prone to errors/blatant disregard of laws, but as our whole lifes in the industrialized countries are built around cars those errors/disregards of laws/whatever you want to call it became so common we don't question those anymore.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Funnily enough, that’s essentially what happened in my case. In elementary school, everyone was supposed (perhaps even required) to attend a few classes on road laws and rules and then take a sort of practical cycling test where volunteers would be watching and evaluating us kids at every corner. Just yesterday, I came across the fuck ugly “examined cyclist” pennant I was given for passing.