The "Things that annoy me" thread

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Amazon, can you please make up your mind about that parcel you were supposed to deliver last Friday? I know that some of your staff are on strike, but "please contact us if it doesn't arrive by Wednesday" is a bit weak on a Tuesday!

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Who owns Brother these days? We have three of the same unit in different places and the work as described with Mac and PC.
I got it to work with my antique MacBook Pro, but as for my wife's rather newer one, B&W via PCL is the best it will do. It's good enough as a workaround for the time being, but I won't be buying much toner for it.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Amazon, can you please make up your mind about that parcel you were supposed to deliver last Friday? I know that some of your staff are on strike, but "please contact us if it doesn't arrive by Wednesday" is a bit weak on a Tuesday!
Had some crazy shit happen with a set of packages 2 weeks ago. Both packages were supposed to be delivered by Amazon on Tuesday that week, but didn't go out for delivery until 4PM. The tracking screen in the app got updated from "guaranteed delivery by 8pm" to "guaranteed delivery by 10pm." Not sure its a good idea to have strangers in vans going around quit neighborhoods at 10pm, but whatever. Neither of those were deliver that night. Got one the next morning and a notification that the second was lost. The second package contained 2 books. Requested a replacement and was told they would be delivered by Friday. For some reason they split the replacement order into 2 separate packages (both handled by Amazon). One was delivered by Friday as promised, but the second wasn't. At that point I called them to complain because the books were supposed to be a gift and Saturday would be too late. They sent me a refund for the first package that came late and the first book that came late, but said they wouldn't refund me the 2nd book because it was still in transit. 5 minutes after hanging up, I get an email notification from UPS that I have an overnight package from Amazon scheduled for Monday. No clue what that was, but figured I'd deal with it when I got there. Got the 2nd book on Saturday morning. Then on Monday I found that the UPS package had a 2nd copy of both books. Called them back asking what was going on because I had not requested a 2nd copy of either book. They just refunded me the 2nd book and told me to keep all 4.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
My solution to that..... chicken noodle soup, strong black tea with sugar and copious amounts of lemon. And by that I mean 1/4 to 1/3rd of a whole lemon in the mug. Its more lemon with tea than tea with lemon. Usually gives my body the kickstart it needs for recovery.

GRtak

Forum Addict
Yup, the human equivalent of "have you tried turning it off and turning back on again?"
Pretty much this. At least this seems to be breaking.

My solution to that..... chicken noodle soup, strong black tea with sugar and copious amounts of lemon. And by that I mean 1/4 to 1/3rd of a whole lemon in the mug. Its more lemon with tea than tea with lemon. Usually gives my body the kickstart it needs for recovery.

I already do a variation of this, but honey is better than sugar.

ScarFace88

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'00 CVPI, '88 Integra, '05 GTO
Pho is good too if you're willing to be adventurous.