The "Things that annoy me" thread

Waiting for stuff to come in the mail.

This. Another is waiting for a phone call.

i WILL be waiting for some technician to come to my house to enable my new internet connection blabla (why the hell he needs to come, i don't know... but who cares)... it'll all go down on thursday and i will have to be at home from 8am to 4pm - sounds like fun -.-

i WILL be waiting for some technician to come to my house to enable my new internet connection blabla (why the hell he needs to come, i don't know... but who cares)... it'll all go down on thursday and i will have to be at home from 8am to 4pm - sounds like fun -.-

Same here, I upgraded to what is basicly the same formula with a fancier name only cheaper if you get it in a bundle:

"you will need a new modem sir, so a technician will come by to install a new one"
"Nono I already have the right up to date modem, you lot send someone by for that 2 months ago, mate of mine has exactly the same bundle and it works with that modem, just reactivate the thing by remote because I would need to take a day of to....."
"still need to send by a technician to instal digital Tv sir"
"you mean plug in the cable between the modem and decoderthingy?'
"basicly"

Christ allmighty.......

Ahh, I love my cable internet. When I first got it:
"Here's your modem. Just plug it in. We'll have everything set at our end by the time you get home."

Ahh, I love my cable internet. When I first got it:
"Here's your modem. Just plug it in. We'll have everything set at our end by the time you get home."

This IS cable internet......

with me the thing is, the person who lived here before me didn't have any phone / internet connection (shared with neighbours i guess).
which in turn means, although i KNOW there is a proper connection possible and i have all the proper connectors and whatnot, they still HAVE to send someone over just for him to look at it and go "yeah, that works". the technician doesn't even come to connect/set up my stuff, that'd cost another 70 euros...

What I really hate is internet/cable companies giving great deals to new customers, and for those who've been clients for years and years (like me), they don't give a shit about.

No promotions, no calls saying "Hey loyal customer! We decided to give you 5% off for 3 months in gratitude for your business!", anything like that.

There must be some moron that reports at the end of every year how many new customers the company has, but nobody gives a shit about the total number it seems. What they don't report is that these new customers were "stolen" to other companies cos they don't know how to hold them for the long run!
So there they are, companies trading customers every year and thinking they're successful for it.

Call your cable company and ask to speak to retentions/customer service. Tell them that another cable company is offering you a kick ass deal(make one up or find a legit one), and if they don't match it you shall take your leave. They will probably balk at doing a full match, but will most likely throw you a bone or two.

Call your cable company and ask to speak to retentions/customer service. Tell them that another cable company is offering you a kick ass deal(make one up or find a legit one), and if they don't match it you shall take your leave. They will probably balk at doing a full match, but will most likely throw you a bone or two.

I know this works in the US because I used to do tech support over the phone for you guys and my girlfriend at the time used to do customer support for Office Depot (I refuse to do customer support and sales on the phone) and she told me stories about how people call and asking for a better price cos they saw the same item for less on another company...

That wouldn't work here, they'd just tell you they're sorry you're not satisfied with the service. If anything they'll give you a small discount but make you sign a 1-year contract along with it... Fucking morons.

You know what is awesome? Verizon internet/cable.
us: hello verizon, something has gone wrong and internet/cable is broken
verizon: k we will send someone over in an hour who will fix everything and then hook random things up for free just because.

What I really hate is internet/cable companies giving great deals to new customers, and for those who've been clients for years and years (like me), they don't give a shit about.

Er...you know why they do that, right? They give the new customer a price where they are making much less or even losing money to get them to be long-term customers. Being mad about that is like being mad at Macy's for offering new card holders a 10% discount on their first purchase and not offering it to you on every purchase. It's like getting your first month free at a health club, or a more upgraded free phone to new plan subscribers. Dont' feel bad, though, as those introductory rate are typically only good for 6 months.

You know what is awesome? Verizon internet/cable.
us: hello verizon, something has gone wrong and internet/cable is broken
verizon: k we will send someone over in an hour who will fix everything and then hook random things up for free just because.

"Hello Charter, something has gone wrong and our internet/cable is broken."
Charter robot: "There is a problem in your area. We will give you an update in 2 hours."
"But.... but our phone system is Charter too. That's down."
Charter robot: *click*
Internet down for the rest of the day into the next morning.

What I'm against is pricks who say stuff like 'OMG THAT TV SHOW WAS EPIC', 'OMG THIS DRINK IS EPIC', 'OMG SOMEONE SAID MY NAME, THAT'S EPIC'.

Seriously.

What I'm against is pricks who say stuff like 'OMG THAT TV SHOW WAS EPIC', 'OMG THIS DRINK IS EPIC', 'OMG SOMEONE SAID MY NAME, THAT'S EPIC'.

Seriously.

EPIC POST :p

probably been mentioned before:

On a two lane motorlane, people who get to the fast lane 1 km before they overtake a truck at the massive speed of 95 kph while the truck is doing 90 kph. Then when you overtake them on the right at 120 kph, they look at you like, omg he's a criminal and should be locked away.

Er...you know why they do that, right? They give the new customer a price where they are making much less or even losing money to get them to be long-term customers. Being mad about that is like being mad at Macy's for offering new card holders a 10% discount on their first purchase and not offering it to you on every purchase. It's like getting your first month free at a health club, or a more upgraded free phone to new plan subscribers. Dont' feel bad, though, as those introductory rate are typically only good for 6 months.

See, that doesn't work, because all of these companies are giving about the same discount for the first year of service and they make you sign a one year contract... they give you installation for free as well so, in theory, you can just change services every year and get the discount every time.
I know the long term customers are the moneymakers and that's exactly my point. From time to time they should show some kind of appreciation for us instead of letting us be tempted with the other companies' promotions...