The "Things that annoy me" thread

I probably don't get the same results on that link, as you. I get lots of references to the movie Pearl Harbour -- in German -- and I think that might not be your point.

But most of those suck, too.

Last edited:
I probably don't get the same results on that link, as you. I get lots of references to the movie Pearl Harbour -- in German -- and I think that might not be your point.

But most of those suck, too.

"Japan got what they deserve. remember pearl Harbor."

"I cannot believe the stupidity of some Americans. A small minority of them believe that the earthquake in Japan is gods way of getting revenge for pearl harbor. Fucking idiots"

"Not to be mean or anything but did japan attack use pearl harbor....who cares what happens to japan.... "

So if it was a punishment from God, what was hurricane Katrina a punishment for then? :think:

Last edited:
So if it was a punishment from God, what was hurricane Katrina a punishment for then? :think:

There were plenty of religious zealots claiming it was punishment for mardi gras and such when it happened actually. :|

On the topic of that... Here's a picture. It might pop a few veins, read carefully.

My favorite: "those damn krauts deserve to be hit by a earthquake tsunami for nuking pearl harbor."

It annoys me to share a planet with those idiots.

(not Americans as such, but those idiots)

Last edited:
I get the idea that the term "Pearl Harbor" can still raise the blood pressure in Americans today...

How about we all chant the term "Hiroshima" in reply to that? :think:

Just an idea...

Coming to think about it: 20 years ago those people didn't have a medium to express themselves. There are times, when I wish the internet had never happened...

Last edited:
My mailman, who takes until night time to deliver the mail and sometimes just skips this street just because.
Today I went on LJ to check on a in japan acquaintance to make sure they weren't being radiation sick or anything I find this.
i want to put one thing in perspective about the way japan is.

an hour after the initial quake, my doorbell rang. i expected it to be an official checking up on us, as sirens were blaring, people running around, and announcements over the city's loudspeakers.

no. it was my sagawa post guy, delivering my two giant pillows i posted about the other day. he was on his rounds during the quake and just kept going.

he commented, "man that was scary!".

and went on his way to deliver the rest of his stuff, while i watched him go with gaping mouth.

note we were still being jerked and rocked around by aftershocks. we have been for 15 hours now, really.

japan, ladies and gentlemen.

My mail man doesn't deliver mail for no reason, in japan they DELIVER MAIL DURING EARTHQUAKES. :|

Can mailmen in japan fly?

^
BBC news this guy reported that people are just trying to get back into normality, "women were getting their hair cut and getting their nails done in salons."

I am grateful that I live somewhere that we only get blizzards.

Why won't women order pizza? Does the guy at the other end of the phone scare you?

It is the girlfiends night to cook (she only cooks 3 nights a week) and she says "I don't feel like cooking, how does pizza sound"?

Me, that is fine by me.

Her, "order it"

Me, it is your night to cook, shouldn't you order it?

Her, "I don't know what you want".

Me, 1 medium b-b-q chicken pizza minus the onions

Her, "please, i don't wanna call"

That was just after 7pm, we haven't ate yet and it is almost 9:30.

Fuck it, the hockey game is on, and the next break I will call and place an order and take it to the bar, eat it and drink until she has to come get me. If she is lucky she will get leftovers.

Maybe she just hates having to call places like that? I know I do. I hate talking on the phone period.

I am grateful that I live somewhere that we only get blizzards.

We don't even get that here, just a bit of rain, and lots of drunk bogans beating each other up.

Oh, and LOCUSTS. Speaking of annoyances, no words can suffice to accurately describe how much I hate those things. I got home a couple of hours ago from visiting relatives in Maryborough (north of Ballarat) and the place is swarming with the bastards. Spend 45 minutes hosing, scrubbing and tweezing (to get the stuck body-parts out of the lower grille) them off the front of my car. I should probably be using some of that mesh stuff to keep them out of the radiator, but thankfully the swarm I drove into wasn't too dense. At least the cats had fun dispatching any survivors that tried to swim out of the puddle in the driveway.

Honestly I might like earthquakes better than locusts.

I get the idea that the term "Pearl Harbor" can still raise the blood pressure in Americans today...

How about we all chant the term "Hiroshima" in reply to that? :think:

Just an idea...

Coming to think about it: 20 years ago those people didn't have a medium to express themselves. There are times, when I wish the internet had never happened...

I feel the same, some people don't have decency.

The bleeding hearts brigade, the type of people who when you go " I wonder what I'll have for lunch" Say "Why are you so concerned about your own hunger when there are hundreds and thousands of children starving to death in Africa right now." GRR, these people piss me off soooo much and they are out in full force right now with the whole Japan a mess thing, makes me want to punch something.

Why won't women order pizza? Does the guy at the other end of the phone scare you?

It is the girlfiends night to cook (she only cooks 3 nights a week) and she says "I don't feel like cooking, how does pizza sound"?

Me, that is fine by me.

Her, "order it"

Me, it is your night to cook, shouldn't you order it?

Her, "I don't know what you want".

Me, 1 medium b-b-q chicken pizza minus the onions

Her, "please, i don't wanna call"

That was just after 7pm, we haven't ate yet and it is almost 9:30.

Fuck it, the hockey game is on, and the next break I will call and place an order and take it to the bar, eat it and drink until she has to come get me. If she is lucky she will get leftovers.

Honestly, that just makes you sound like a douche for not just calling the pizza place.

I was nice enough to bring her back a whole pizza. This is not the only woman like this, it is aggravating that they will call any other place, but not the pizza place. Are they doing something to scare woman from calling? I highly doubt it.