The "Things that annoy me" thread

How about "Hello" followed by the question?

IM manners are a cause of annoyance for me too. I especially hate most people's inability to use several paragraphs within one message, instead sending a staccato of several messages.

That. Just go: "Hi there, I was wondering..."

Also I'm guilty of this "spam" as well...

Shift + Enter is too difficult for them.

... and mostly only realize there is this option when it's already too late:|

Taters I think.

I expect a hello, at least. Sometimes conversations run their course and there's no goodbye, but what I just can't stand is when conversations are still going and people just stop replying. Brb is not that long to type, you're not tapping each key twice or 3 times per character anymore.

WTFRLY.jpg

The things that are wrong with this include:

This type of cable is not allowed in bathrooms, where I found this.
While the 90? bend is correct, you are not supposed to make one by folding the cable over.
The render over the bend wasn't anywhere near thick enough.
That hole...

It's going to be fun ripping this crap out and re-doing it properly.

Last edited:
I don't know what the fuck i'm looking at.....

Can't blame you. :lol: Those are electrical wires in a wall, I removed the render because I had a "feeling" that something was amiss.

Having to run through my house, looking for clocks I have to turn back an hour, thanks to changing to winter time. And I will have to consult the owner's manual of my car again to adjust it there, too, since I cannot seem to memorize the exact location of the setting for winter and summer time in my onboard computer.

Last edited:
We change our clocks on the 6th. I hate this. I don't think it was ever a good idea. The fact we still do it is almost an amazing example of inertia.

Yet I have a friend in Brisbane (originally from Quebec) who keeps complaining that they should start using DST over there.

Having to run through my house, looking for clocks I have to turn back an hour, thanks to changing to winter time. And I will have to consult the owner's manual of my car again to adjust it there, too, since I cannot seem to memorize the exact location of the setting for winter and summer time in my onboard computer.

Pretty much this, plus forgetting that it was today and my phone has an auto change for winter time, which it will do on Wednesday or smthg!

I forgot to put the sugar on top of the banana bread before I put it in the oven.

Solution : get those autocorrecting clocks. Still sucks though, why not have winter time year round? It makes more sense

Are you suggesting that I should spend a relevant amount of money instant walking around the house for 10 minutes?

I'm not that annoyed :p

My phone charges super slow on this cable - I wanna listen to podcasts while I work on my car!

Is your screen still on while it's playing, maybe?

Renting.

Is your screen still on while it's playing, maybe?

Yes, but it's definitely the cable - it's a cheap one and i've had other cables that charge faster but broke. :lol:

Solution : get those autocorrecting clocks. Still sucks though, why not have winter time year round? It makes more sense

Or as we call it: normal time.

Can't be bothered with changing the time on the oven now that i have a watch.

I don't even really have much in the way of clocks anymore now that I have a smartphone. I always just look at that first before thinking to look elsewhere.

My favorite jeans seem to be on their way out. Most of my local stores seem to not even have a spot for the Levi's 527 anymore.