The "Things that annoy me" thread

Besides that, my feed is full of spam, ads and utterly useless information.

mine is opposite! a while ago i unsubscribed from EVERYTHING, and only added the things i started missing. my feed is mostly empty..

Oh, and then there's the ease of logging into various useless mobile apps by just connecting them to your FB account.

and this i refuse to do. i make a separate login for each app. if you use a good password manager there realy isn't that much hassle about it...[/quote]

Sadly, haven't done one of those. Although I did get to meet BerserkerCatSplat and DanRom on separate occasions. Those were fun.
If you were going to the meet in Texas, you would get to drive my GTO.

Sadly, haven't done one of those. Although I did get to meet BerserkerCatSplat and DanRom on separate occasions. Those were fun.
Ringmeet 2019. North American invasion edition.

If you were going to the meet in Texas, you would get to drive my GTO.
I would definitely like a go in that. Also, if I ever go to Texas I'm showing up the in the Dodge.

Ringmeet 2019. North American invasion edition.
I'd love to, but sadly that just can't happen. I had to also turn down going to the intenational liver congress this year since it's Vienna. Just too far to be away from my (very soon to be) 1 year old, and that is NOT a flight we're about to make with her right now.

I have deleted my Twitter account at the beginning of last year, after I began to notice during my Canada vacation (hey there, @JimCorrigan, it was indeed fun!) and being offline most of the time there that I didn't really miss it.
So now I'm not on any social media. Of course I miss out on staying "in touch" with some people (or rather "up to date what they're doing"), but that's also a good method to evaluate who is important in your life.

But of course, since the introduction of Telegram around here, my Internet addiction has vastly increased...

"Pi Day". It used to be something that you'd be reminded of every couple of years, and would give it slightly more forceful than normal nasal exhale.

Today, I have 3 vendors who have sent out Happy Pi Day marketing emails.

And only one of them sent us pie.

People that walk into a room where a movie is being watched and they are saying you guys have to watch this video while showing their phone.

Jury Duty.

I know, I'm really going out on a limb with this totally original idea that jury duty is annoying. But the one thing more annoying than getting a jury duty summons, is getting a jury duty summons to a court house that is over 60 miles from your home. In a city that is not connected with your city by any highway, which means taking a convoluted route of backroads through all sorts of interesting places. Indian reservations, farm lands, dead farm lands, a couple small airfields, a national forest, a landfill, you name it. On roads that don't appear to have been repaved since the great depression.

And then you get picked to sit on the jury for the trial, so you get to drive this route... twice a day... every day... until it's over. Oh happy days.

They don’t put you up in a local motel? That sucks.

That's criminal. In the UK you get expenses paid and you or your employer are compensated for the time you are absent from work.

I got $12.50 for the half day I spent sitting around on my ass at the courthouse. Funny thing is that I got a summons to a different court less than 2 months later, but luckily was able to get out of it because I had evidence I showed up to the first one (first was county, second was district). Was annoying though because I had to miss a critical review of a project I was working on so my boss had to present to the chiefs for me.

They don’t put you up in a local motel? That sucks.

It seems like they know everybody hates jury duty, so they're not all that interested in giving anyone any excuses to get out of it. But when I was actually there, being questioned about my fitness to be a juror, they were very accommodating to people who voiced hardships. I probably could have written in and requested dismissal ahead of time, claiming hardship over transportation, and they would have let me off. Or requested reimbursement for a hotel room, and gotten it. But in the end the trial was only 2 days, including jury selection, so it wasn't all that bad. My employer doesn't dock pay for jury duty, so I still get paid, plus jury duty pays $12 per day, plus another $0.44 per mile for travel. I ended up getting a couple checks totaling about $130.00, which is more than enough to cover my fuel costs.

Still annoying though. lol

When a bathroom's trash can is so small that a single not-quite-completely wadded up kleenex or paper towel is enough to almost fill it, or at least make it so that you can't add anything until you've pushed it down.

Got a Youtube ad on my phone a little bit ago. Was a full music video to some song, advertiser was listed as the record label. The app gave me the usual "skip ad in 5" countdown, but the song KICKED ASS so I ended up listening to the whole thing. But here's the problem, nowhere does it tell me what song it was. Clicking the ad just opened the record labels Youtube channel, which doesn't help since they have a ton of videos. And obviously its not in my Youtube watch history since it was an ad. I did have my work phone on me, but I don't have/can't have Shazam or SoundHound on it. Guess I'll spend my day tomorrow digging through the record label's Youtube looking for this song.

EDIT, well that was easier than I thought. Literally the first result when I search the record label name.

Last edited:
That band has a 18-year-old black, Italian, left-handed girl playing the guitar and kicking ass. That was unexpected.

That band has a 18-year-old black, Italian, left-handed girl playing the guitar and kicking ass. That was unexpected.
'The first few times I watched the video, I couldn't figure out what was bothering me..... I knew something was weird, but only realized on the 3rd or 4th watch through that it was her left-handed guitar that was throwing me off.

I actually thought this shot was mirrored down the middle before I realized that no, its 2 different musicians and one of them has a fairly unusual guitar thats confusing my brain.
ZGYPdNS.png

Also just noticed the lead singers rings are backwards. Shes wearing red on on her right hand and green on the left. Tsk tsk tsk :p

Last edited:
Goddamnit, I can't for the love of god find a cinema in Hamburg which shows Monty Python's Life of Brian on April 18th, let alone in english (there is one which shows it in english on April 22nd, but I'll be about 200 km away on that day), but I can't find cinemas where I'll stay the nights after that which show it any other day than 18th... :mad: