The "Things that annoy me" thread

Goddamnit, I can't for the love of god find a cinema in Hamburg which shows Monty Python's Life of Brian on April 18th, let alone in english (there is one which shows it in english on April 22nd, but I'll be about 200 km away on that day), but I can't find cinemas where I'll stay the nights after that which show it any other day than 18th... :mad:

Always look on the bright side of life...

Stopped by the parts store yesterday to pick up a bottle of Seafoam for the Mustang. Was $20.99. Insanity, its usually $6-10. Amazon currently has it for $8.99, but not Prime shipping eligible (delivery estimate is a week out). Asked if they would price match since they advertise that they do that and the clerk said that they won't price match fluids. Their loss, but also means I have to wait a week.

Accidentally bought organic raspberries on Sunday instead of regular ones..... the stereotype lives. Its only Tuesday and they already taste like rotten asshole. Usually I make a package last me 4-5 days worth of lunches, but clearly not this one.

my parents have a few raspberry bushes, so i've never bought them in a store, but those go indeed bad like crazy!
freshly picked ones you have to eat within 2 days, or they have no consistency left what so ever

This product and the product description:
https://rs-barcelona.com/en/products/storage/guerrilla

Guerrilla
Design: Stone Designs
Guerrilla containers represent a dream; a friendly and peaceful use for a object of war. Bags inspired by wartime trenches become fun, versatile pieces of furniture. They can serve as room dividers, as informal seating, and as containers. And you can easily play around with them to assemble and disassemble the trench as you want.
Optional drawer.

guerrilla_06.jpg

guerrilla_03_2.jpg

I dunno. You didn't play with green toy soldiers when you were a kid? Or anything else military related?

I suppose, but...I don't know...somehow this feels different.

Stopped by the parts store yesterday to pick up a bottle of Seafoam for the Mustang. Was $20.99. Insanity, its usually $6-10. Amazon currently has it for $8.99, but not Prime shipping eligible (delivery estimate is a week out). Asked if they would price match since they advertise that they do that and the clerk said that they won't price match fluids. Their loss, but also means I have to wait a week.
I use Marvel's Mystery Oil instead of SeaFoam. Seems to work better for me.

If you're looking for a 1:1 product, check out Gumout Multi-System Tune-Up.

[video]

It annoys me that so few people do anything entertaining during a song's guitar solo, while singing karaoke.

People who go to karaoke and pick songs with guitar solos.

Oh, dont get me wrong...karaoke is awful by any definition, but made even worse by someone who is supposed to be performing and is just standing still, awkwardly making eye contact with everyone, with their one hand grasping their other wrist, as they lazily stare off into the middle distance while they wait for the, "I wanna be high....so high....I wanna be free to know..." line that comes after the solo in Lionel Richie's "Easy".

Last edited:
Laptop compartments in seemingly the vast majority of backpacks. OK, so they have a separate slim pouch for a laptop to keep it from moving around. Cool. And that slim pouch is sometimes also heavily padded to protect the front and back of the laptop. And sometimes even the sides.

But then if you slide your hand down to the bottom of this pouch, waaaaay more often than not, you'll find that the only thing protecting the bottom edge of your laptop is generally just the outside and inside liner layers of fabric. So while the laptop is protected on 4, if not 5, sides...it's not protected on the side that's most likely to actually take some bumps every time you put the backpack down.

Businesses that refuse to take $100 bills.