The "Things that annoy me" thread

Bathroom tash cans with lids you have to touch.

Kitchen sinks which make horrible gurgling noises before beginning to backup with foul smelling, brown food particle filled water while you're sitting in the living room watching videos. After not using the sink all day. Thanks for clogging something upstairs neighbors.

And the on-call maintenance guy just left after making a mess in my kitchen with the industrial drain snake and unsuccessfully trying to fix the issue on his own so he has to come back tomorrow morning with some help.

Now I sit generally annoyed in my foul smelling apartment.

I'm just glad I was actually here to be able to pull out 3 buckets of the slop to dump down the toilet to prevent it from overflowing everywhere.

Kitchen sinks which make horrible gurgling noises before beginning to backup with foul smelling, brown food particle filled water while you're sitting in the living room watching videos. After not using the sink all day. Thanks for clogging something upstairs neighbors.

And the on-call maintenance guy just left after making a mess in my kitchen with the industrial drain snake and unsuccessfully trying to fix the issue on his own so he has to come back tomorrow morning with some help.

Now I sit generally annoyed in my foul smelling apartment.

I'm just glad I was actually here to be able to pull out 3 buckets of the slop to dump down the toilet to prevent it from overflowing everywhere.

Don't know how it is in Texas or with your landlord, but my lease states that if I have an emergency like this that the on-call maintenance team cannot fix, I can hire a 3rd party emergency 24/7 plumber, pay them out of pocket, and deduct that amount out of next month's rent (I actually think this is a Michigan law). Luckily I've never had to deal with something like that, and I'm sure it becomes a headache and a half proving to the landlord that it was a repair that couldn't wait for the maintenance team on retainer to actually figure shit out.

So apparently the Florida Department of Motor Vehicles is even more retarded than I previously thought. I got pulled over on Friday night because the tag on my Crown Vic comes back as "replaced" (whatever the fuck that means) It also apparently shows the info of some dude in Miami, but if you run the VIN, it shows as being tied to my car. It's been on the car since October of last year. How the fuck do you not update the info assigned to a tag that was assigned to a vehicle seven months ago?

The eBay app used to have customizable notifications for watched items. Now it has a 15 minute notification with no snooze. Have missed out on a bunch of items because I get side tracked in those 15 minutes and forget to go back to the app.

This.

And the current trend among car makers to rice their own vehicle by adding the word "Line" after the normal designation for performance variants, to standard powered models festooned with trinkets that are all show and no go eg AMG-Line (Daimler Benz), FR-Line (SEAT), ST-Line (Ford) and so on.

It was better in the 80s, when a "line" simply referred to Columbia's finest you snorted up your nose on the dash of your BMW

You get your razor blade out,
You chop it up fine,
You roll up twenty dollars
And you snort yourself a line,
You do the okey-cokey then your head explodes.
That's what it's all about!

The use of this term as if it's an actually, like, real word with a technical meaning, and used throughout any conversation, multiple times.

It was a cheeky nickname, like Bennifer or Brangelina or Willicity H Muffman. Stop using it as a replacement for every instance of "exit" or "leave".

What's wrong with WD-40?

i don't think a squeaky door cares what is was created for...

It was created as a water displacer, not a lubricant.

Yes but if you go to their website you can download a pdf listing 1000 other things it’s good for. Like restoring the look of the stainless steel kitchen waste bin or stopping your bathroom mirror from fogging up.

I don't like using "plain" WD-40. It's a poor-quality lubricant, and dust gets caked to it super easily. I've also had it drip out of hinges, and I definitely don't want it to get on my nice new oiled floors. I've found Pam non-stick spray to be about as effective as a lubricant as plain ole' blue and yellow WD-40.

The same company does, though, make WD-40-branded purpose-built lubricants.

Motor Kote lubricant or Seafoam Deep Creep is probably the best I’ve used.

People who join a forum or a facebook group and feel the need to start a thread that just says, "Hello!" or "Thanks for the add!", and those places don't have any sort of mechanism for this to be tucked away somewhere and instead gets just as much exposure and priority as well-thought-out, real content.

Spotify.

They let you register before telling you it's not available in your region.

Then they keep sending you promotional emails for upgrading to the pro plan. Log in, OOPS! YOU THOUGHT! STILL NOT AVAILABLE IN YOUR REGION