The "Things that annoy me" thread

The "Mailboxes, Etc" chain is owned by UPS and that's why they often refuse to take anything but US Mail and UPS. Pretty stupid thing to do IMHO.

There's a local one that's not a chain that takes UPS/FedEx/DHL/other no-name carriers/Amazon's proprietary carrier...... but NOT USPS.

There's a local one that's not a chain that takes UPS/FedEx/DHL/other no-name carriers/Amazon's proprietary carrier...... but NOT USPS.

They may not be allowed to. There are some pretty interesting regulations and qualifications needed to accept USPS mail as a commercial mail receiving facility.

They may not be allowed to. There are some pretty interesting regulations and qualifications needed to accept USPS mail as a commercial mail receiving facility.

Seeing as how they’ve been open for years, I’m sure they’ve crossed their Is and dotted their Ts.

Also speaking of, Amazon continues the access crusade, now with 100% more Ford and Lincoln.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/30/amazon-key-package-delivery-ford-lincoln-vehicles/

Just sent that to my parents (dad has an eligible Escape and mom has an eligible MKZ) and got a strong “hellll noooo” from both of them as expected.

Really want to know who actually uses this service.

Seeing as how they’ve been open for years, I’m sure they’ve crossed their Is and dotted their Ts.

One non-negotiable element is that the owners and all managers must have their home addresses and phone numbers placed on file in public registers.

https://about.usps.com/forms/ps1583a.pdf

Also speaking of, Amazon continues the access crusade, now with 100% more Ford and Lincoln.
https://www.autoblog.com/2019/04/30/amazon-key-package-delivery-ford-lincoln-vehicles/

Just sent that to my parents (dad has an eligible Escape and mom has an eligible MKZ) and got a strong “hellll noooo” from both of them as expected.

San Franciscans/Bay Area residents, IIRC.

Would you? I wouldn't want this.

People who park like this.

Attachments

• 2F7A7AEA-6A80-4BB0-87CB-9105DC5F1D0C.jpeg
    2F7A7AEA-6A80-4BB0-87CB-9105DC5F1D0C.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 152
zFMep8W.png

Oi! :shakefist:

Looks like a Google Chrome problem to me. :p

When people use packing peanuts for anything other than void fill. They will NOT protect anything unless it's already properly wrapped.

Some fuck-nut sent me a set of glasses from ebay with out a single piece of wrap anywhere...he just nestled them, unprotected, into a box of packing peanuts. All of the glasses settled to the bottom, and they all broke.

"Lifehacks"

Especially when they are fucking ridiculous. There are these "viral videos" that pop up on facebook sometimes where it's a 15 minute time-lapsed down from hours of video of someone cutting up a useful tool, and welding a bunch of garbage to it poorly, to make a new tool that barely works at it's function. The title is always something like, "You'll be amazed at what this true craftsman makes!" or something equally fucky.

When people use packing peanuts for anything other than void fill. They will NOT protect anything unless it's already properly wrapped.

Some fuck-nut sent me a set of glasses from ebay with out a single piece of wrap anywhere...he just nestled them, unprotected, into a box of packing peanuts. All of the glasses settled to the bottom, and they all broke.

Especially when they are fucking ridiculous. There are these "viral videos" that pop up on facebook sometimes where it's a 15 minute time-lapsed down from hours of video of someone cutting up a useful tool, and welding a bunch of garbage to it poorly, to make a new tool that barely works at it's function. The title is always something like, "You'll be amazed at what this true craftsman makes!" or something equally fucky.

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to make a time-lapse "life hack" with packing peanuts and broken glasses....

You can use packing peanuts if you use enough when I need to rid of some, I’ll put some in, press down add more, press down, and I’ll do this until the item is wedged in place. If you just drop peanuts in with the item without compressing the air out, yeah that crap happens. Just lazy shipping. I prefer bubble wrap because it doesn’t make a mess when you open up the box plus, there’s a free toy and you can annoy your coworkers by popping the bubble wrap. :D

I ordered a 1/200 scale 747 years ago, which was packaged in a very generous amount of packing peanuts. No damage whatsoever, so there’s at least one application where those alone are good enough already.

I've received and sent many things packed solely in packing peanuts, it all depends what kind. There are a few shapes out there that won't let things settle to the bottom with movement, there are a few that will. Just have to choose the correct type of peanut.

There are a lot of factors that determine how well packing peanuts will help. It definitely depends on the shape of the item. The more compact and dense something is, and the fewer protrusions, the more likely it will be to settle. Something like an airplane has wings that, just like they do in the air, keep it "aloft". Side-to-side motion is more likely, then. If it were turned on it's side, and dropped a few times as it's being loaded, it would more likely settle in that direction...and box selection is important here, because some shapes of boxes are more likely to be turned around when they are being handled, loaded and artacked.

If something it so large in the box that the peanuts don't have the room to get pushed out of the way, even better...as long as the peanuts are packet tightly. Those old-school "S" shaped polystyrene ones are extra shitty, because they crumble when stressed.

When Google changes the way basic things work in Chrome in one of their updates. Namely things that aren't broken and have no need of being updated.

I visit FG forums dozens of times a day, every day. Each time I just type "for" into the address bar, hit enter, and I'm here. Its been this way for YEARS. But not anymore. Because fuck the user.

Did a Google search for "Ford 999" about an hour ago. Got what I needed, forgot about it. Trying to go to the forums now, type in "for", hit enter, and I'm at the search result page for Ford 999. I visited it once. I don't need to go back, I want to go to my #1 most visited website on the internet. In the past, I've searched for things that also start with the letters F, O, R, and later that search was #2 on the list while FG stayed at the top. Now I clearly want to search for Ford 999 for all eternity from now on.

When Google changes the way basic things work in Chrome in one of their updates. Namely things that aren't broken and have no need of being updated.

I visit FG forums dozens of times a day, every day. Each time I just type "for" into the address bar, hit enter, and I'm here. Its been this way for YEARS. But not anymore. Because fuck the user.

Did a Google search for "Ford 999" about an hour ago. Got what I needed, forgot about it. Trying to go to the forums now, type in "for", hit enter, and I'm at the search result page for Ford 999. I visited it once. I don't need to go back, I want to go to my #1 most visited website on the internet. In the past, I've searched for things that also start with the letters F, O, R, and later that search was #2 on the list while FG stayed at the top. Now I clearly want to search for Ford 999 for all eternity from now on.

Glad to find out I am not crazy and Chrome was indeed acting weird...