The "Things that annoy me" thread

PlutoTV.

I don't know if it's just my TV's app and how Pluto "sees" it, but it feels the need to show me seemingly only commercials for Oregon morning news, colostomy bag supply services, and "we buy annuities" companies.

The person who squeezed into my section of the "normal" sized revolving door without me knowing. Once I got the door moving, i tried taking a step back, and walked into someone unexpectedly. They backed into the door, stopping it, and we sort of pin-balled against each other for a few moments. And it's not like it was some mad-rush...there was nobody behind us.

Last edited:
When you get to the airport, and discover during your 8 minute journey there, that your flight is delayed an hour...so you check in, and wander the airport, rechecking flight status boards as you go. And then right after you order a breakfast burrito because that hour delay will mean no lunch, you get a text that says, "nevermind, boarding now."

When you unwrap a Starburst, and a little piece of the wrapper stays stuck to the candy.

Cities/municipalities that have their own parking apps. Was just in a town not to far from here, parked at a meter, was expecting to be able to pay for it with ParkMobile since thats pretty much the mobile payment standard for parking now. Nope, had to download the towns special dedicated app made by god knows who. I don’t want to give that shit my credit card info? Fuck off and just use a standard mobile parking service.

When you unwrap a Starburst, and a little piece of the wrapper stays stuck to the candy.

are those the same as fruitella?
if the wrapper sticks, they've been too hot, or are simply too old...

Yes they are pretty much the same as Fruitellas but sold in packs with mixed flavours. Used to be known as Opal Fruits here in the UK before the Septics imposed their branding on us.

61WS0v37JiL._SY355_.jpg

People who pay $250 for a concert ticket at the Sydney Opera House, and then insist on standing for the entire concert.
Get fucked, I had a long day at work, and I want to sit in that swanky velvet chair while I enjoy the concert, not be unable to see the artist - despite being in the fourth row, centre stage - for my $250.

♿

Ughh, fuck that, bonus points for me (beeing tall) standing up to see 'something'....and I'm the one getting yelled at.....response, violence, mayhem, limbs everywhere, do you know what a hassle that brings?

Friday's annoyance: Local councils that allow schools to use public parks to play sport. They know these schools will be there each week for months at a time, but then also schedule road resurfacing works, which mean the only access road to the park is closed, or has so much junk all over the place that the already small street is now unpassable.

The two sections responsible obviously don't communicate.

facebook...

I'm in a closed group which obviously includes some discussions. For whatever reason one member (let's refer to him as member A) blocked me so I can't see his posts, but I can see other people's (member B, C and whatnot) posts which refer to member A's post. There is absolutely no indication of member A posting other than suddenly member B, C or D refers to member A's post which I can't see.

I can imagine that other people are weirded out when they see member A's and my posts directly in succession and don't understand why I wouldn't refer to member A's post. I certainly would be weirded out if that happened between two other members...

In some forums you can block other people as well, but usually that's just blocking you from seeing member A's posts, not the other way around. More importantly there is an indication that someone else who you have blocked has posted.

Yes, but only for very specific groups and with a completely different E-Mail-address than everything else. It's nigh on impossible to coordinate a monthly regular's table (topic: our other commonality) without facebook. :(

Oh, and it helped organizing a meetup of my old graduating class 15 years after graduation. Next year it'll be 20 years so we might organize another meetup then.

Abbreviations of foreign food names.
"Parm"
"Guac"

It's fucking PARMESAN and GUACAMOLE, you fucking mouth-breather!

Nothing is worse, though, than calling pizza " 'za", though.

Nothing is worse, though, than calling pizza " 'za", though.

Thanks for reminding me.... There’s a place by my office called ZZA factory.