The "Things that annoy me" thread

You are a few months late.

The fact that I have access to 3 movie streaming services (Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime) between me and my parents, and can't watch a single Sean Connery 007 film.

The problem is, you’re supposed to be subscribed to Amashon prime. :)

• Haha
Reactions: MWF
they hardly had colour in those days, i wouldn't add them to my service either

what's the oldest movie on netflix?

That'sh shcandaloush.

I might have to spend a few hours on the road and decided to download some videos onto my tablet through the netflix app. Well, since the last time I used it, it has been updated in the worst way possible. Somebody thought it would be a good idea to put some controls right where the stock android controls are at the bottom of the screen...

Do they even test these updates???

Hey, they fixed it. This makes me somewhat less annoyed.

What the fuck Canada. More specifically whoever manages Ontario's roadworks.

Driving back to Michigan from New Hampshire yesterday, passing through Ontario as I usually do. I know that I'm supposed to take the exit off freeway A to freeway B, but my Waze app was telling me to take the exit for local road X instead. Looked into it and it was showing freeway B as closed. As I approached the exit, none of the signs had any hint of roadworks or closures or anything - so I figured that the freeway was recently reopened or Waze was just mistaken since I have seen that happen. So I take the exit for freeway B (which happens to be a compound exit with a secondary ramp to local road Y) and only after getting on the ramp, there is a sign that says "THIS EXIT CLOSED". So that forced me onto local road Y, which had no easy way back onto freeway A or to local road X and I ended up having to take some convoluted detour and losing 30ish minutes.

Hey Ontario Department of Transportation (or whoever the fuck), HERES A NOVEL FUCKING IDEA, how about putting a "freeway closed" signs on the half a dozen overhead signs over the 5km before the actual exit. Or maybe moving the "this exit closed" sign from the ramp to just before the ramp. Doesn't take a fucking genius.

And yeah, it was my fault for thinking I know better than Waze, but common, when there are 6 signs that don't say that the exit is closed or that there is a detour, thinking that it was open was fairly reasonable.

The fact that I have access to 3 movie streaming services (Netflix, Hulu and Amazon Prime) between me and my parents, and can't watch a single Sean Connery 007 film.

This seems appropriate

BggjxO3.jpg

My town has suddenly decided to do actual speed traps (I have blessingly almost never seen them) and pulled me over via their new bullshit "speed limit is 25 if not otherwise posted" law.

AND the radar detector is out of stock <_<

When a "search" bar on a website turns our to just be an embedded google search bar, and doesn't actually give you results from their own page the first time (until you re-search again, with the added text to narrow the search's focus to the site you're on.)

Bluetooth speakers.
In public.

I don't want to hear to your music. You're not in your living room!

Kids use those in the bus too. Thankfully the teachers usually complain about the language in the awful rap they listen to, or I force them all down the back so I can hear things going on outside the bus (like sirens)

When people take a screenshot of a full-page document, paste it into the body of the email, and still expect you to be able to read the jpeg'd-to-hell compressed, and shrunk-down image.

My Canadian colleagues only know how to email attachments from the copy machine. So even if the file originated WITH THEM, they will email a low quality scan of a document. Sometimes these are official PDF’s from companies that have taken the time to create text boxes in the original document.

Bluetooth speakers.
In public.

I don't want to hear to your music. You're not in your living room!

I don't understand what goes through the heads of people that do that. It must be mindblowing to be a fly on the wall in that brain.

Speaking of flies..., one followed me in the door earlier and I can't kill it.

I got a link to a "customer portal" for an item that was in development at CES2017, and has been "almost ready to ship" seemingly ever since.

First update: "Paying your reservation balance / delivery dates", which contains no ship dates.
2nd update: "More insight into production" which is actually intresting, but provides little in the way of date targets.
3rd update (one month ago): "The production process is underway", and by "underway" they mean the first batch of production prototypes that will need months of testing is starting soon.
4th update: "Meet the team" sigh
5th update (two weeks ago): "Videos from our journey" which is just embedded videos from a year or two ago, and is already on their social media.

Coworker shared this one with me.

Hospital needed some spare parts shipped ASAP except they're behind on some invoices. Our accountant says to them "we'd love to send you stuff except you're behind on payment so we can't." The guy comes back with all mad saying "why do you have to make this difficult?"

What?