The "Things that annoy me" thread

I saw the zipper system mentioned in the US for the first time this year. A friend and I were headed east on an interstate highway, they were replacing a bridge and had the road down to one lane in our direction. When I saw the sign that said zipper merge I pointed it out to him. Him had no idea what it meant...

I saw the zipper system mentioned in the US for the first time this year. A friend and I were headed east on an interstate highway, they were replacing a bridge and had the road down to one lane in our direction. When I saw the sign that said zipper merge I pointed it out to him. Him had no idea what it meant...

I was behind a Silverado/Sierra yesterday that had a small "Learn to zipper merge!" sticker on the back window.

This cold.

My eyes and nose are streaming more than Netflix right now.

Invited to a dinner party tomorrow. Offered to bring dessert. Was planning to bring my favorite thing from Trader Joes. Get there and find out they changed it from a year-round offering to seasonal and won’t have any back in stock until April. I just bought some of it not 3 weeks ago for the office potluck! Called all the TJs in the area and none have any left. The worst.

Amazon's recommendation system thinks I am having a baby. The system has always annoyed me, but this is a new low. I don't know where it got this idea from, but it is wrong.

Amazon's recommendation system thinks I am having a baby. The system has always annoyed me, but this is a new low. I don't know where it got this idea from, but it is wrong.
That wouldn’t annoy me, it would delight me. The less accurate their recommendations are, the less they really know about you.

Did your wife/girlfriend recently use your amazon account? That might be a hint... :p

That wouldn’t annoy me, it would delight me. The less accurate their recommendations are, the less they really know about you.

This is true.

Did your wife/girlfriend recently use your amazon account? That might be a hint... :p

No wife or girlfriend at the moment.

Any neighbors using your wifi?

Nobody uses my computer. lol

My WiFi is also secure.

Nobody uses my computer. lol

My WiFi is also secure.

I’d say this is a win. Amazon knows nothing about you.

It doesn't really bother me when the move the driver is making doesn't really affect anybody, but it just baffles me when people are trying to get into an occupied lane, or something, and they get mad when nobody is letting them in, when they aren't even signalling.

Conversely, those fucks who see me turn on my signal to move into their lane, and then they gun it and try to block be getting into their lane. So much for "christian motoring"...

yeah I always find it kind of funny people get so mad about that because like, yes, no one in MA ua ses them, no I have never had trouble driving because of that.

Or more specifically, generally here people prioritize traffic flow. There's an intersection in the middle of town for example, that has a fork. The left option is straight. People usually actually use their left directional when going straight, because it tells the people who are merging from the other direction "don't go yet or you'll cut me off".

Similarly, if I'm in the left lane on the highway coming up on someone moving kind of slowly, putting on my right directional on will make THEM MOVE INSTEAD a good half the time, so I don't have to slow down or move over.

Massachusetts has a reputation for shitty drivers and I can see how someone from another state could be thrown off by how things function here, but it's less about sucking at driving then prioritizing efficiency.

... But people are still often stupid with merging like that unfortunately. I really DO wish people went for zipper merging more. I only will abandon that sort of thing if someone is driving poorly and I don't want to be behind them as result lmao.

I think I figured out the Amazon thing. My sister was over several times over the last couple of weeks, and she is allowed to use the WiFi. She was looking at baby gifts for a baby shower and I guess Amazon seen she used my WiFi and thought it would be a good sugestion for me.

Still shows how little Amazon knows me. If you can have the brat, you can fund it too.

Yup, I am that guy.

I will however help warp the child in later years.

I finally figured out the perfect gift for my dad for his birthday. Even found a site that sells it...........

...... but they're based in the Netherlands and don't ship to the US. And I can't find a local alternative.

Infact, all alternatives I've found so far are Euro based.

A cognac/brandy taster set. Ideally one from this site, https://www.tastingcollection.com/en/tasting-sets/cognac-tasting.html

Appreciate the offer to possibly help, but might just have to let this one go. Can’t imagine the headache associated with forwarding that much glass/liquid and alcohol at that.

All the vendors that do something similar in the US only have whiskeys, rums, gins and tequilas - but my dad loves a good VSOP/XO cognac. I did find one site that ships here, but at $42 for 3 50mL tasters (and fairly low rated ones at that), its not even close to the link above.

Last edited:
Yeah, best option is to fly alcohol in checked luggage if you really want it and even then, be careful you don't exceed 5L or transport more than 70% ABV. 5L seems quite excessive after reading the limits. "This is my therapy liquor."