The "Things that annoy me" thread

One of these is not like the others.

A vendor brought us lunch, which is always appreciated, and it's her amaaazing and famous fried chicken.

But did we really need a 30 minute presentation about a single new sofa/chair line?

It's especially amusing when 25 minutes of it talked about how much it's a departure from what they normally make, in terms of design.

Most of our office is "free address". Meaning we don't have assigned desks, becaues we don't have enoiugh space, and sales people who are gone 80% of the time don't need a dedicated space. Today, on a day when i really could use a wired network connection and 2 monitors, I got there juuuust after the last open desk with those features was claimed. Now I'm at the biz-dev area at the hotelling desks, on wi-fi, crouching over my single 13" laptop screen.

Yes, I did send out a friendly email to the people sitting in those desks if they might be able to swap for even just a couple hours...radio silence.

I have just a few more things to finish the house, but they are all super huge pains in the ass and I'm annoyed at my lack of motivation to just get them done.

suitcase with a bum foot
:roll:

Aww, that sucks. Suitcases aren't cheap, and I see that it's not just a broken caster, but what the caster would attach to. Suckage.

Aww, that sucks. Suitcases aren't cheap, and I see that it's not just a broken caster, but what the caster would attach to. Suckage.
Yay, it’s already fixed! The luggage service company that the airline in question uses in Germany has a (work)shop near FRA airport where I needed to go anyway, so I dropped by and they repaired the damage on the spot. And they replaced the other three casters, too, because apparently their design has changed a bit.

Redamak’s in New Buffalo, Michigan.

I am working at a large dairy near Grand Rapids and have multiple trips planned because they’re doing projects in phases to avoid any sort of loss in production.

when you’re on I94 in Michigan just as you get into the state from Indiana, you see billboards for this restaurant for miles. I went there a few years ago and was not impressed. You can absolutely tell it is run and marketed by some old guy. They’ve got a drawing of a face with a burger in front of his face with the phrase “Come get some!” It’s not good and when you’re there just feels like another diner. Food is bland. I mostly just hate the billboards. Here’s a photo.

866EFB15-B6A2-43FE-823A-FD83D8462FE6.jpeg

I hate having to see that face so often while I’m driving.

Masking tape. It's a bitch to apply, a PITA to remove and it almost never leaves a crisp line like you see Chip Foose achieve on Overhaulin'.

Half a day with a razor blade and white spirit is is then.

Plastic plumbing fittings can DIAF. I wanted to finally put on the shower head on a hose apparatus that my brother got me 5 years ago. I went to put it on, turned it until it stopped by hand and went to screw the head mount on. The whole adapter and mount spin as I tighten the mount. So I turn that a little more and *pop* the fitting spins loose and then tight. So once it’s tight again knowing I stripped something, I test in hopes that maybe I’m not fucked. Water sprays out of the threads.... plastic fittings unless it’s all PVC pipe, can eat a dick.
81FB1BCE-5D02-481F-ABF9-4FB8E096448D.jpeg

Which one did you use? My sister-in-law runs a Sherwin Williams paint store and says if you want a good solid line, skip the blue 3M tape and buy the green Frog Tape.
It was a quality brand but the glass I used it on is patterned which didn't help. I'll buy the Sticky Kermit though next time I have a similar job. Thanks for the tip.

Attention-whoring doctors/medical researchers who can't believe that after years in the lab they suddenly are in the limelight.
The head or virology of Germany's largest research hospital has been quoted in every newspaper yesterday warning before a "dramatic corona epidemic hitting Germany in fall" as people will forget the threat during the summer month and the healthcare system won't invest enough.

Today, the very same guy is in every newspaper saying he has new data suggesting that Corona won't be stopped by warm weather.

And other outlets are peddling some research claiming Coronavirus can infect people as far as 4.5 meters away, based on a single observed case. Outlier much?

Hyperbole in the media, in general, specifically in click-baity headlines.

Whether it's surrounding serious topics, or even stupid shit like, "We Tried And Ranked 17 Of The Best Frozen Pizzas And The Winner Had Us Shook" or things like, "Nikita Dragun Wore a Thong Over Her Pants and It's Going to Take Me Several Days to Recover".

Both of which were two actual headlines I scrolled past today, mind you.

Also...I just delivered 8 custom mobile carts to a client. They seemed shallow, for what I knew they were supposed to be. They were made accorging to the two elevation drawings i was given.

Then i scrolled down, and found a "plan view" that showed a conflicting depth measurement. And this is the measurement that they actually wanted, when they bought these 11 carts for $8k. *facepalm*

Corona panic annoys me.
As it does me. I can understand why governments come to the conclusion that drastic measures need to be taken (like in Italy), but none of that translates into “BUY ALL THE TOILET PAPER YOU CAN FIND AND HOARD NOODLES!!!1!!eleven!!!111!”

Still, we got a nice couple of memes out of it.:mrgreen:

I actually think that the drastic measures taken will be far more damaging in the long run than the virus. What we witness here is whole societies stopping living out of fear of death.

It looks like I'll be rescheduling a trip to Tokyo in April. For the obvious reasons.

I planned so hard for this trip. Bought tickets with credit card bonus miles that effectively cost nothing for two people. Did all the research and decision making on where to go and when, booked cheap hotels, rental cars (three of them) (because of course), even planned out train routes as I am useless at public transport even in a familiar environment. I've never done anything like this before and don't really speak the language, we spent months on it. Getting everything just right. And now we have to throw it away and do it all again.

I've been trying to hold on to hope but I don't want to be there and suddenly the country shuts down. Or my country shuts down. Or just people are panicking in general.

This is filed under a mere annoyance because I realize it is an extreme first world problem, many people are much, much more seriously affected, and I think I can reschedule/cancel everything without fees, but I sure am pretty freaking annoyed.

Was in a restaurant last weekend, sitting at the bar - sneezed twice. Everyone around me looked at me as if I had the AidsEbolaSars. Sneezing isn't even a symptom!

Total first-world problem: I have a custom guitar being made, and they accidentally used the wrong body wood. They caught it before it was completed, so they re-used those pieces to build one that they could more easily sell off-the-rack, with a simpler, more traditional finish (since the finish I went with is a more expensive one, and less popular).

So...I ordered a guitar...at one point, this *was* it, and it's done. But mine isn't, alas...

71016b.jpg

Some of the 'professionals' I work with, who presumably thought that hand washing was just for chefs and surgeons, have decided to finally give it a go this week. Unfortunately, they fucked it up by shoving the paper towels down the toilets and blocking them. Several times.

There's still a hardy resistance group that refuses to wash their hands, so now we have both extremes of fucktards. :roll:

While I don’t have any colleagues that have said they’re against washing their hands. Some have said this whole thing seems like a farce. That said, I went around cleaning door knobs. Even if there’s a small chance where I work as the office is 4 people, it’s never a bad thing given the current situation. I think though I will try and do some grocery shopping super late this weekend to avoid the mass lines. A lot of grocery stores are 24 hours.