The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

public

Volvomies, volvomies
Joined
Nov 26, 2007
Messages
11,759
Location
Causticity
Car(s)
P26L XC70 D5 and a ton of crap
Whataboutism, the religion that isn't currently under attack in the U.S. climate.
 

TC

aka TomCat
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,436
public;n3554407 said:
Whataboutism, the religion that isn't currently under attack in the U.S. climate.
The problem is when one side refuses to acknowledge their own actions. We've seen multiple depictions of Trump's assassination, as well as, comments from celebrities like Madonna talking about blowing up the White House, and Johnny Depp talking about how it may be time for another John Wilkes Booth. Then of course we have a former first lady calling for incivility, as well as, a sitting congresswoman calling for the harassment and abuse of GOP members and supporters. And lets not forget the almost universal defense of domestic terrorist organisations like Antifa. The idea that the bad orange man is personally responsible for this hostile climate is a joke. But that is not to say that he doesn't splash gasoline on the dumpster fire every so often.
 

GRtak

Forum Addict
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
19,607
Location
Michigan USA
LeVeL;n3554405 said:
Oh, so perhaps it was Maxine Waters and CNN anchors that were responsible for that one.

And was it also Trump's fault when this bomb suspect threatened to set off a bomb in 2002 or all of his theft and assault charges?

Why is it republicans are unable to accept any responsibility for their actions?
 

GRtak

Forum Addict
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
19,607
Location
Michigan USA
LeVeL;n3554418 said:
There's one side that's still incapable of accepting the results of an election; refuses to acknowledge that the country is doing great; pretends that Trump is a racist/homophone/misogynist/whatever when his actions and policies all say otherwise; and constantly promotes violence against the other side. Your delicate feelings might've gotten hurt two years ago but objectively we are doing great.

I accepted the results of the election almost 2 years ago, you know, right after the results were finalized.

While I don't feel the country will implode anytime soon, I do recognize how large the deficit is, and how low tax revenue(for lack of a better word) is. That imbalance is not good for the long term stability of the country.

You also seem to be the one that is showing how delicate your feelings are. Does it bother you that I do not worship your Trump the way you think I should?


What exactly is your problem with Trump?
To numerous to list.


That he is working to dismantle gay marriage? He isn't.
When did I ever say that? Although, I don't think he is a friend to the LGBT communities.


That he colluded with Russia? There's still no evidence of that.
He admitted that he knew about the meeting at Trump tower. Just because they did not get what they wanted out of it does not matter. What else they have will be coming sooner than you may be ready for.


That he's a racist? There's no evidence of that either. All I see is that black unemployment is at historic lows, something that the Dems could never achieve.
One does not absolve him of the other now does it. The Dems never set out specifically to put only African Americans to work now did they. The fact that Trump got lucky enough to see that number so low is in part because of timing.


That he can't bring jobs back just like Obama predicted? Well, he has - we're below 4% unemployment.
He has taken credit for bringing back jobs that he had nothing to do with, and even some of the ones he did ended up leaving anyway.

Also, the unemployment figures does not equate to everyone has a good job. Many of those jobs that were created are lower wage jobs.


That we're on the brink of WW3? We're not - North Korea is negotiating and dismantling test sites; the entire middle east is standing up to Iran.
I am far more worried about relationships that he has harmed with our allies.


That he's against immigrants? He isn't, as long as they're legal.
His words and actions have shown otherwise, unless of course he gets something out of it.


It's all horseshit. You might be pissy because you're not getting "free" healthcare and tuition but that's really the only tangible gripes against the great orange man. That and he's a loudmouth, which is hardly a policy concern. Wake up and realize that the US is doing really great right now. Or don't and have fun voting for uncle Joe, Spartacus, Killary, Fauxohontas, or any of the other clowns that the left thinks can challenge Trump, while encouraging violence. I really didn't like Trump during the election but I'll be damned if he hasn't proven himself to be one of our best POTUSes ever.

All hail Trump? By what measure is he one of the USA's greatest presidents? Tweets? Yes, he does that a lot.
 

GRtak

Forum Addict
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
19,607
Location
Michigan USA
LeVeL;n3554418 said:
There's one side that's still incapable of accepting the results of an election; refuses to acknowledge that the country is doing great; pretends that Trump is a racist/homophone/misogynist/whatever when his actions and policies all say otherwise; and constantly promotes violence against the other side. Your delicate feelings might've gotten hurt two years ago but objectively we are doing great.

I accepted the results of the election almost 2 years ago, you know, right after the results were finalized.

While I don't feel the country will implode anytime soon, I do recognize how large the deficit is, and how low tax revenue(for lack of a better word) is. That imbalance is not good for the long term stability of the country.

You also seem to be the one that is showing how delicate your feelings are. Does it bother you that I do not worship your Trump the way you think I should?


What exactly is your problem with Trump?
To numerous to list.


That he is working to dismantle gay marriage? He isn't.
When did I ever say that? Although, I don't think he is a friend to the LGBT communities.


That he colluded with Russia? There's still no evidence of that.
He admitted that he knew about the meeting at Trump tower. Just because they did not get what they wanted out of it does not matter. What else they have will be coming sooner than you may be ready for.


That he's a racist? There's no evidence of that either. All I see is that black unemployment is at historic lows, something that the Dems could never achieve.
One does not absolve him of the other now does it. The Dems never set out specifically to put only African Americans to work now did they. The fact that Trump got lucky enough to see that number so low is in part because of timing.


That he can't bring jobs back just like Obama predicted? Well, he has - we're below 4% unemployment.
He has taken credit for bringing back jobs that he had nothing to do with, and even some of the ones he did ended up leaving anyway.

Also, the unemployment figures does not equate to everyone has a good job. Many of those jobs that were created are lower wage jobs.


That we're on the brink of WW3? We're not - North Korea is negotiating and dismantling test sites; the entire middle east is standing up to Iran.
I am far more worried about relationships that he has harmed with our allies.


That he's against immigrants? He isn't, as long as they're legal.
His words and actions have shown otherwise, unless of course he gets something out of it.


It's all horseshit. You might be pissy because you're not getting "free" healthcare and tuition but that's really the only tangible gripes against the great orange man. That and he's a loudmouth, which is hardly a policy concern. Wake up and realize that the US is doing really great right now. Or don't and have fun voting for uncle Joe, Spartacus, Killary, Fauxohontas, or any of the other clowns that the left thinks can challenge Trump, while encouraging violence. I really didn't like Trump during the election but I'll be damned if he hasn't proven himself to be one of our best POTUSes ever.

All hail Trump? By what measure is he one of the USA's greatest presidents? Tweets? Yes, he does that a lot.
 

GRtak

Forum Addict
Joined
Sep 6, 2008
Messages
19,607
Location
Michigan USA
The Democrats have kept the deficit in check. Hell, Clinton had a surplus in the bank. Every time a Republican has been in office in my life, the deficit has risen. Bush Sr. even called for a tax raise because he was sensible enough to know that it was not good to let the deficit keep growing. Trump has it rising at an incredible rate.

The coal jobs he promised to save are dwindling away as power plants close. There was a slight uptick in exports, but that will fall away as other countries keep moving away from coal power.

The LGBT community says that Trump is not their friend.
 

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
8,145
LeVeL;n3554418 said:
[...]That he colluded with Russia? There's still no evidence of that.
The remarkable thing in this debate is that the Trump voter stance has gone from "the election was not influenced" to "maybe the election was influenced but the Trump team didn't have anything to do with it" to now "you can't prove Trump Sr. HIMSELF had anything to do with it ". The rate at which these goal posts are being moved is still staggering.

[....]That he's a racist? There's no evidence of that either.
Just because you dismiss evidence and don't believe people with eyewitness accounts - doesn't mean there is no evidence.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/12/racism-and-donald-trump-a-common-thread-throughout-his-career-and-life
Trumps remarks on Mexican immigrants being mostly rapists proves that he is a racist IMO.

Also how is Trump's project going proving that immigrants commit more crimes btw?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/06/19/two-charts-demolish-the-notion-that-immigrants-here-illegally-commit-more-crime/?utm_term=.7afea965ff64


[...]That he can't bring jobs back just like Obama predicted? Well, he has - we're below 4% unemployment.

washington post said:
[...]Unemployment has been steadily declining since its peak in 2010. Moreover, Trump now uses data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics unemployment rate to say this, which is a flip-flop from his previous claims dismissing the BLS unemployment rate as "nonsense."
That he's against immigrants? He isn't, as long as they're legal.
And from norway.

[...]That and he's a loudmouth, which is hardly a policy concern.
He's a liar and a partisan. Your president lies to the american public every day when he opens his mouth or opens the twitter app on his unsecured iPhone.
He runs a government in chaos with a revolving door serving as the HR-department with people inside working against him to prevent the worst.

But hey, he's not completley fucked up econmic growth or started wars. He also just promised a 10% tax cut (leaving out that congress won't take action on that untill after the election - or at all). Best President ever!


 

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
8,145
LeVeL;n3554418 said:
[...]That he colluded with Russia? There's still no evidence of that.
The remarkable thing in this debate is that the Trump voter stance has gone from "the election was not influenced" to "maybe the election was influenced but the Trump team didn't have anything to do with it" to now "you can't prove Trump Sr. HIMSELF had anything to do with it ". The rate at which these goal posts are being moved is still staggering.

[....]That he's a racist? There's no evidence of that either.
Just because you dismiss evidence and don't believe people with eyewitness accounts - doesn't mean there is no evidence.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...areer-and-life
Trumps remarks on Mexican immigrants being mostly rapists alone prove that he is a racist IMO. I know you disagree as we've been there before - but again I think you just ignore what is inconvienient for you (or just for the argument, hard to tell if I'm just talking to the talk-point-o-matic2001 or a real person at times).

Also how is Trump's project going proving that immigrants commit more crimes btw?
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.7afea965ff64


[...]That he can't bring jobs back just like Obama predicted? Well, he has - we're below 4% unemployment.
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.finalgear.com\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​
washington post said:
[...]Unemployment has been steadily declining since its peak in 2010. Moreover, Trump now uses data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics unemployment rate to say this, which is a flip-flop from his previous claims dismissing the BLS unemployment rate as "nonsense."
LeVeL said:
[...]That he's against immigrants? He isn't, as long as they're legal.
And from norway.

[...]That and he's a loudmouth, which is hardly a policy concern.
He's a liar and a partisan. Your president lies to the american public every day when he opens his mouth or opens the twitter app on his unsecured iPhone.
He runs a government in chaos with a revolving door serving as the HR-department with people inside working against him to prevent the worst.

But hey, he's not completley fucked up econmic growth, totally bankrupted the country or started wars. He also just promised a 10% tax cut (leaving out that congress won't take action on that untill after the election - or at all). Best President ever!


[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/forums.finalgear.com\/image\/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP\/\/\/wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw=="}[/IMG2]​

-- There was some more stuff in here before the forum ate my post when I typed it this morning, and this is all it could restore - and I cannot be bothered to re-add the rest ... you can just asume that it was increbily witty and smart as always ;) --
 
Last edited:

Momentum57

worships the 2010 Prius like a god
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
2,306
Location
Denver, CO
Car(s)
It's A HONDA! Clarity Plug In Electric
LeVeL;n3554450 said:
Since when do democrats worry about the deficit? You guys want to provide "free" everything to the tune of $40 trillion!
Im a fiscally conservative individual as a former republican I can agree with you Democrats dont place emphasis on this issue. The problem is as described above Republicans dont have a track record to run on. As to you claim regarding 40 trillion: I assume your discussing Healthcare? If this is a reference to Medicare for all plans which Koch brothers think tanks calculate costing 32 trillion (which by the way left leaning think tank the Urban Institute calculated the exact same number in 2016). This would be over TEN YEARS and be 2 billion less than what Americans currently spend. This is absurd discussing water from a bucket trying to segregate how and where and what pocket and how money would flow from private to public... because Democrats didnt pick that guy they pick the person who wasnt advocating for a one payer system! Hey there is a guy who wants to invest in name the sector lets call him every democrat because... Guess what opposing it actually is making it more likely! Obama gave us the Republican plan the plan that the Heritage Foundation came up with.

LeVeL;n3554450 said:
I couldn't care less who you worship or what you think. I find it quite amusing actually how much you hate Trump and how easily your arguments fall apart.
I dont hate Trump I find his administration to be troubling to the point of concern. There are valid arguments that are being ignored for petty tribalism. Im sorry but you didnt have this with Obama or Bush or Clinton or Bush or Reagan or Carter or...

LeVeL;n3554450 said:
He's not? How so?
Your are being willful obtuse. I dont know him he probably doesn't have much hate for gay people himself but policy... That is if he really has any control its probably Pence or someone else in the administration forging his signature because he has no control of the office.
https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2018...-usa-lgbt.html

LeVeL;n3554450 said:
I've been hearing that for two years now. So far they've got nothing - some tax stuff on two people but that's it, zero on Trump.
As a former New Yorker I can tell you hes dirty. You didnt care about his Trump University con you wont care about whatever crime he has committed. You are either in on the con or a rube i dont care if you wont admit it.

LeVeL;n3554450 said:
Give me some examples of Trump being racist. Go ahead, I'll wait while you conveniently ignore this request.
Well some i assume are good people.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...mp-racist.html


https://www.newsweek.com/trumps-full...-others-779061


I get it that your a simple farmer, people of the land, common clay of the new west...
 
Last edited:

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
8,145
Lie of the day:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.89109831a05e
Trump eyeing executive order to end birthright citizenship, a move most legal experts and top House Republican say runs afoul of the Constitution[...]
"We’re the only country in the world where a person comes in and has a baby, and the baby is essentially a citizen of the United States for 85 years with all of those benefits,” Trump said during an interview with Axios scheduled to air as part of a new HBO series starting this weekend. “It’s ridiculous. It’s ridiculous. And it has to end.”

In fact, more than 30 countries, including Canada and Mexico, have similar policies. [...]
It will be interesting to see if Amendment 14 is as uninterpretable or unchangable for conservatives as No2.

And while this is isn't Trump specifically, I'll throw in a story of how all those manufacturing jobs are supposed to be coming back to the Us ... and how well that's going.
https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/29/...r-scott-walker
[...]The size of the subsidy was stunning. It was far and away the largest in Wisconsin history and the largest government handout to a foreign company ever given in America. Like most states, Wisconsin had given subsidies to companies in the past, but never higher than $35,000 per job. Foxconn’s subsidy was $230,000 per job.
 
Last edited:

Firecat

Politically Charged
Joined
Mar 23, 2005
Messages
5,730
Although I feel like Trump’s intentions aren’t pure (when are they ever really), I must agree with him that we should change the law so that citizenship is passed on through parents and not merely by being born in the country.

This is especially true for Canada, which has a health and social system that could collapse by the rise of the so called “birth tourism” industry
 

Interrobang

Forum Addict
Joined
Mar 5, 2007
Messages
8,145
Firecat;n3554478 said:
Although I feel like Trump’s intentions aren’t pure (when are they ever really), I must agree with him that we should change the law so that citizenship is passed on through parents and not merely by being born in the country.

This is especially true for Canada, which has a health and social system that could collapse by the rise of the so called “birth tourism” industry
And I also wouldn't disagree with that. Germany also does not have citizenship at birth. While he lies about "america being the only country in the world that does this" - If I were Us-citizen, that would be something that I'd too wanna see changed. But - as I learned in a lot of 2nd Amendment discussions here: The Amendments are UNCHANGABLE and almost HOLY and given by GOD and no mortal is allowed to touch them these days. At least the 2nd. Which I also think should be changed.
So, I am expecting hypocracy. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong on this and the pro 2nd amendment people will defend no14 with the same vigor ...
 

TC

aka TomCat
Joined
Dec 11, 2005
Messages
11,436
Interrobang;n3554479 said:
And I also wouldn't disagree with that. Germany also does not have citizenship at birth. While he lies about "america being the only country in the world that does this" - If I were Us-citizen, that would be something that I'd too wanna see changed. But - as I learned in a lot of 2nd Amendment discussions here: The Amendments are UNCHANGABLE and almost HOLY and given by GOD and no mortal is allowed to touch them these days. At least the 2nd. Which I also think should be changed.
So, I am expecting hypocracy. Dunno, maybe I'm wrong on this and the pro 2nd amendment people will defend no14 with the same vigor ...
Amendments can be changed, but it should be done legally, not unilaterally by unelected and unaccountable justices. The bizarre interpretation of 2A, that claims gun ownership is not an individual right, clashes quite badly with the rest of the bill of rights, which protect the rights of the people, mainly from the US government itself. The 14th Amendment clearly states that it protects those that are subject to the jurisdiction of the US, which automatically implies exceptions. If there were not exceptions to 14A, those words would not appear there. The rest comes down to personal opinion. The Amendment itself requires no changes.
 
Top