The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I almost forgot about this, but Trump is ordering troops to the southern border to fight off the terrifying caravan of immigrants that is walking.

GRtak;n3554549 said:
I almost forgot about this, but Trump is ordering troops to the southern border to fight off the terrifying caravan of immigrants that is walking.

I have a Question (non retorical). From fiction (movies, Books), it seems to me that the Us-Military cannot operate within the country and not enforce laws. So how's that gonna work? Are there exemptions?

Also, is there stuff like this popping up again this time around when Us-troops are send to Texas? Or do the Russians not have an interrest anymore in spreading this kind of misinformation?

Last edited:
Interrobang;n3554550 said:
I have a Question (non retorical). From fiction (movies, Books), it seems to me that the Us-Military cannot operate within the country and not enforce laws. So how's that gonna work? Are there exemptions?

Also, is there stuff like this popping up again this time around when Us-troops are send to Texas? Or do the Russians not have an interrest anymore in spreading this kind of misinformation?

That’s quite false, National Guard operates within the borders, as does Coast Guard. Military can always be directed to secure borders, that’s a pretty obvious use of one. Also historically it has been used to deal with natives and of course one cannot forget the Civil War

[No message]

Wouldn't really apply since the armed forces are used in securing the border rather than enforce laws or restore order.

GRtak how would you address the caravan? Keeping in mind that it is a large number of foreign nationals that we know absolutely nothing about marching towards our border? I would also point out that armed forces being deployed to the border is IMO a logical precaution, doesn't mean that they are going to be spraying a bunch of people with gun fire. We deploy police forces whenever there are protests or large gatherings of people as well, hell last time I went to a large event with kids they had cops around the entire place, doubt they were there to snipe toddlers.

To add to this, there is more than reasonable proof that the caravan was started by a leftist Honduran politician (who was bailed out in Guatemala). Whether this politician was swayed to do so by a foreign power (American or otherwise) is unconfirmed. Said politician proceeded to chastise the media for letting the populace go into danger. The caravan already rushed a border between Guatemala and Mexico, leave the food and clothing donated to them on the sidewalks, and Rejected asylum in Mexico

Sorry that my sources are mostly in Spanish, I work with what Search engines give me. Also writing this as a second post so that vB doesn't throw a hissy fit.

T7GJa8S.jpg

Completely randomly, I found a photo of LeVeL's new car!

Last edited:
prizrak;n3554551 said:
That’s quite false, National Guard operates within the borders, as does Coast Guard. Military can always be directed to secure borders, that’s a pretty obvious use of one. Also historically it has been used to deal with natives and of course one cannot forget the Civil War

At the time, Native Americans were not considered citizens (really, they weren't considered people). Also, the Possse Comitatus Act was passed as a part of reconstruction post-Civil War. The Civil War was fought between 1861 and 1865; the Posse Comitatus Act was passed in 1878. Any use of military power within US borders and against US citizens prior to that date would not be relevant in challenging the law.

Blind_Io;n3554563 said:
At the time, Native Americans were not considered citizens (really, they weren't considered people). Also, the Possse Comitatus Act was passed as a part of reconstruction post-Civil War. The Civil War was fought between 1861 and 1865; the Posse Comitatus Act was passed in 1878. Any use of military power within US borders and against US citizens prior to that date would not be relevant in challenging the law.

Yeah GRtak already posted it, still my point stands that this is not using US military for internal policing as it were.

It's got to be hard to keep track of all his lies, kudos to those who do... 6420 false claims (so far), that's well done. Looking at the lies per month figure, he has certainly stepped up his lie-game ahead of the mid terms.

I am afraid to do any quoting here...

Using the military is not the answer. When was the last time the military did that anyway? After September 11th, 2001?

GRtak What's the answer? You seem to be really good at knowing what NOT to do, but not so good at knowing what TO do.

prizrak;n3554577 said:
GRtak What's the answer? You seem to be really good at knowing what NOT to do, but not so good at knowing what TO do.

Well, eliminating (höhö) things one shouldn't do usally leaves you with what you should do. Take the 10 Commandments for example. They also tell you what not to do. You can make a religion out of that.

What I don't get is why Trump just doesn't say "We'll stop them at the Border and if they act up, they will be shot". It's what he's saying anyway - why dance around the issue?

If only we had an entire paramilitary government agency whose mandate it is to defend the borders, control immigration, and manage customs.

... oh, wait.

Blind_Io;n3554579 said:
If only we had an entire paramilitary government agency whose mandate it is to defend the borders, control immigration, and manage customs.

... oh, wait.

And if they are not enough? I seriously don't see what the issue is with sending the army (aka people who have literally sworn to protect this country) to the border as a precautionary measure. Rather than divert ICE/border patrol from having to deal with the rest of the big ass border.

prizrak;n3554577 said:

I think there are already two groups that are supposed to take care of this type of thing. We have the Border Patrol, and ICE. If those two organizations can't handle a group of people walking to the border, then we have done this wrong for years.

The real question is do we let them seek asylum or not.

By the way, they refused refuge in Mexico because it is only slightly better than where they came from for immigrants. A step up may be nice, but it may have the same results if they had stayed home.