The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I'm sure he knew nothing at all about it, he never does, about anything at all, when it's something that he failed at, it's never his fault. Unless of course it's later discovered that the problem was no problem at all, in which case, he was on it all the time from the beginning and deserves all credit for whatever positive outcome.
Bugger off.
There are things that one expects a C level exec to know about their company, immigration status of their employees is very much not one of them. There is literally an entire department of people who get paid to deal with that.

Yes, this is what astonishes me most of all.
Then perhaps you need to re-evaluate why you feel the need to label them as xenophobic?

Here's the thing. There's no actual plan behind the "sanctuary city" bullcrap. It's just a blank statement without any grounding. What is a sanctuary city? Whats the status of the so called "illegals" once they arrive? Are they now legal? Are they free to roam? Are they to be confined to a make shift ghetto while they wait to be deported? If they're not legal, and are left free to roam, if (and when) some of them get out of these cities and go look for employment anywhere else in the US, who's liable for their escape?
Level already explained it to you, but the term “sanctuary city” came about from the leftists running various cities (or in the case of California, the entire state) and publicly flaunting their disregard for federal law, by discouraging law enforcement under their jurisdiction from contacting immigration if any apprehended criminals/suspects were in the country illegally. The right wing of the political spectrum did not coin the term or push its use.

There's no actual proposal, just "take them, it's your problem now". Certainly convenient, isn't it, after many reports of the kind of inhumane conditions they're being kept at the "camps".
I know you put it in quotes, but let’s address your use of the word “camps.” The implication that this is some sort of forced internment, like the Japanese in WWII (which my country was also guilty of). The people in question are not being rounded up and placed here. They are voluntarily travelling various distances across Central America to enter the US, and they are coming in droves. The numbers are unprecedented, and the posts across the southern US borders do not have the facilities to house this many people.

Trump initially followed the Flores Settlement Agreement of 1997 (in regards to not detaining unaccompanied children at the border beyond a certain time, thereby releasing them into the US at secured facilities). Then a 9th circuit court of appeals ruled Flores also applied to accompanied children. There’s since been another ruling allowing illegals to appeal their deportation, further bogging down the system.

All the above, combined with the record influx of people approaching the southern border, is what is causing the massive clogging of the existing infrastructure, and either you get people overflowing from the secure facilities into these “camps” as you put it, or you just let them into the US (the process long known as “catch-and-release”).

This isn’t helped by these sanctuary city policies loudly declaring their opposition to federal law (and most have been doing this before Trump came into power), this giving to-be migrants a sense of security.

Trump’s decision to ship these illegal immigrants to sanctuary cities shouldn’t be surprising. You can’t have it both ways. Either you want to safeguard illegals or you don’t. The current language emanating from the political/media left (NOT from the right) that these illegals are being “dumped” is extremely telling, and showcases a hitherto undeclared level of elitist hypocrisy. The left want to make certain policies... they just don’t want to feel the effects of them directly. “Not in my backyard.”

FYI....I don’t recall seeing any liberal outrage when Obama sent truckloads of (actually processed) refugees to small rural towns without their approval during his administration as being cruel or dehumanizing.

Here's the real tea:
The reason there's illegal immigration and drug trafficking is one and the same: there's demand for it in the US. If nobody was giving jobs to illegal immigrants, it would quite quickly die down, but of course, saving some money on hands and taxes is always a very tempting proposition for any capitalist. The same way, if you legalized immigrants quickly and swiftly, employers would have to pay them legal wages and pay taxes and benefits and all the other bits and bobs, they wouldn't be cheap anymore, they would be in competition with locals and soon enough the problem would be greatly diminished. But of course "muh job", will never happen. Build a wall that would accomplish nothing, that's better.
You seem to be conveniently ignoring that no one on this board, or on the mainstream political right, is advocating to abolish legal immigration. Regardless, it’s a very complex process for any nation to throughly vet potential applicants. Your idea of simply speeding up the process for those swamping the border demanding to be let in, versus those that have been toiling away waiting for the legal process, isn’t realistic. Sovereign nations retain the right to select who they wish to allow in. No one has a right to demand access into a foreign nation.

FYI....I don’t recall seeing any liberal outrage when Obama sent truckloads of (actually processed) refugees to small rural towns without their approval during his administration as being cruel or dehumanizing.
Didn’t he also deport record number of illegals?

The circle jerk is very much real. You three should get a room.

Meanwhile, what if Fox news would cover Trump with the same criteria they criticized Obama?

The circle jerk is very much real. You three should get a room.
And you should get some facts to back up your posturing.

Re: Fox and Trump vs Fox and Obama... we weren't even discussing that but nice attempt to sidestep your refuted points athat you no longer want to address. I don't think anyone here ever denied Fox favours the right. Now, are you intellectually honest enough to admit that the rest of the mainstream US news goes left?

Last edited:
I'm still waiting to hear how retweeting a video of 9/11 in reference to a Muslim representative isn't racist. This should be a good gymnastics routine if Level can stick the landing.

I'm still waiting to hear how retweeting a video of 9/11 in reference to a Muslim representative isn't racist. This should be a good gymnastics routine if Level can stick the landing.
Because it isn't racist since it was in direct response to her comments dismissive of 9/11 itself. It was a critique of her callousness... it wasn't a condemnation of Muslims. You do realize it was an imam that opposed her view who first posted that video, right?

FYI, we have that discussion going in the random political thoughts thread if you want to continue this there.

Muslim is a religion and is not a race. Jim covered the rest

Because it isn't racist since it was in direct response to her comments dismissive of 9/11 itself. It was a critique of her callousness... it wasn't a condemnation of Muslims. You do realize it was an imam that opposed her view who first posted that video, right?

FYI, we have that discussion going in the random political thoughts thread if you want to continue this there.

It is because it was taken out of context and doctored to make it look like she supported it. Listen to the whole thing.

Surely you don't believe Trump?

Only Trump could be jubilant that his building was now tallest after the attacks.

Trump isn't going to make America better place or defend the Constitution, more likely Omar will.

Trump’s History of Using 9/11 for Political Attacks

Donald J. Trump has wielded the Sept. 11 attacks for many reasons, for a moment of somber reflection, for a campaign rallying cry and for personal gain.

‘Many people jumped. And I witnessed it.’

40 Wall Street: ‘And now it’s the tallest.’

‘Thousands of people were cheering’

In February, the September 11th Victim Compensation Fund announced it was running out of money and would have to slash payouts for new claimants by up to 70 percent, leading to calls for its renewal. The fund, which was almost quashed in 2011 by Republicans, is set to terminate in 2020.

Mr. Trump made references to his Sept. 11 donations and to other efforts to help out at ground zero.

But in October 2016, Scott M. Stringer, the New York City comptroller, found no donation made by Mr. Trump to that charity in the 12-month period following the on-air pledge.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/16/nyregion/trump-september-11.html

Trump lied about "hundreds of friends" lost on 9/11.

15 Years of Donald Trump’s 9/11 Lies, Insults, and Slights

From the ‘Muslims cheered’ lie to charity claims, the New Yorker has a huge history of indifference and contempt for the darkest day in his city’s history.

Six months after Donald Trump claimed to have lost “hundreds of friends” in the 9/11 attacks, his campaign continues to ignore a request from The Daily Beast that he name even one.

His silence becomes all the more
shameful as we come to the 15th anniversary of the day 2,983 innocents were murdered in downtown Manhattan.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/15-years-of-donald-trumps-911-lies-insults-and-slights?ref=home

Last edited:
Trump's Cover Up General strikes again...

White House and Justice Dept. Officials Discussed Mueller Report Before Release

Justice Department officials have had numerous conversations with White House lawyers about the conclusions made by Mr. Mueller, the special counsel, in recent days, according to people with knowledge of the discussions. The talks have aided the president’s legal team as it prepares a rebuttal to the report and strategizes for the coming public war over its findings.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/us/politics/trump-mueller-report.html

"I’m deeply troubled by reports that the WH is being briefed on the Mueller report AHEAD of its release. Now, DOJ is informing us we will not receive the report until around 11/12 tomorrow afternoon — AFTER Barr’s press conference. This is wrong." Rep. Nadler
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/po...redacted-mueller-report-11-m-thursday-n995686

It is because it was taken out of context and doctored to make it look like she supported it. Listen to the whole thing.
Well, if anyone around here knows a thing or two about taking things out of context, it would be you.

You’re still wrong, however. UNlike you, I will explain WHY.

1) Replace Omar with anyone of any race you like, have them make the exact same statements in the exact same context. Have Trump retweet the exact same video. Is it still racist? No, because it’s a critique of the comments themselves, not an attack on the commenter’s heritage.

2) Since YOU claim it’s taken out of context, the burden is on YOU to prove why. Go ahead and explain it. FYI... I watched her speech/transcript. The “some people did something” comment in question was not taken out of context. Not even a smidge. Oh, and even if it were, that wouldn’t make his comments racist.

Surely you don't believe Trump?
What part of my not defending people, only ideals and truth do you not understand? Trump can be wrong on many things. You very well could be right that everything he says in those other clips you put up is him full of crap (but that’s also giving you a lot more credit than you deserve, given your proven track record on here). It still wouldn’t mean everything he says always has to be wrong. It would be a good reason to doubt him and fact check it, of course.

But in this case, we’re not discussing whether or not what he posted was untruthful (because he was quoting Omar in her own words, and very much in context), we’re discussing whether or not it was racist, and it wasn’t, because of what I said above.

Reactions: TC
Trump's Cover Up General strikes again...

I guess we'll never know the truth about... huh... something. The report will be filed away in some box, stashed in a secret government warehouse, next to the ark of the covenant, above the extended edition moon landing film (signed by Stanley Kubrick), with Seth Rich's assassination orders, and Barack Obama's real birth certificate. Sigh.

Last edited:
Trump isn't going to make America better place or defend the Constitution, more likely Omar will.
Omar:
  • claimed Israel “hypnotized the world”
  • said American support for Israel is “all about the Benjamins”
  • wrote a letter to a judge asking for leniency regarding people accused of being ISIS recruits
  • accused pro-Israel groups of having “dual loyalties”
  • refuses time and again to publicly deny she is anti-Semitic
Omar is a vile anti-Semite and her district in Minnesota should be ashamed for having her represent them.

Trump says a lot of stupid things, but as offensive and unstatesmanlike it is to say Mexico are sending their “rapists and murderers” (referring to illegals) or calling various African nations “shitholes”, they don’t even merit a chair at the table of offense that Omar is currently serving up.

I fail to see how hating any group based on their race, religion, creed, etc makes America better.

Last edited:
Love the well thought out and factual rebuttal, I guess once you run out of arguments there is nowhere else to go...

Oh no, don't get me wrong, I won't "refute" anything anymore as I have a daily quota of bullshit I can read and 2 lines of any of you guys posts already break that meter.

I fail to see how hating any group based on their race, religion, creed, etc makes America better.

Holy shit the irony. Gold medal mental gymnastics

Last edited:
Oh no, don't get me wrong, I won't "refute" anything anymore as I have a daily quota of bullshit I can read and 2 lines of any of you guys posts already break that meter.
I can only reply with your own quote here

Counties that hosted a 2016 Trump rally saw a 226 percent increase in hate crimes

many politicians and pundits accuse Trump of emboldening white nationalists. White nationalist leaders seem to agree, as leaders including Richard Spencer and David Duke have publicly supported Trump’s candidacy and presidency, even if they still criticize him for not going far enough. The New Zealand shooter even referred to Trump as a “renewed symbol of white identity.”

Using the Anti-Defamation League’s Hate, Extremism, Anti-Semitism, Terrorism map data (HEAT map),

We found that counties that had hosted a 2016 Trump campaign rally saw a 226 percent increase in reported hate crimes over comparable counties that did not host such a rally.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/03...ly-saw-a-226-percent-increase-in-hate-crimes/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...-crimes/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b5e421e2455f

Remember the Tree of Life Congregation Synagogue massacre in the Squirrel Hill ?
Some Pittsburgh Jewish leaders to Trump: Don't come until you denounce white nationalism

"For the past three years your words and your policies have emboldened a growing white nationalist movement," the letter says. "You yourself called the murderer evil, but yesterday’s violence is the direct culmination of your influence."
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ish-leaders-dont-want-trump-visit/1805115002/

Trump Visits Pittsburgh Despite Objections From Mayor, Jewish Leaders
https://www.npr.org/2018/10/30/6620...not-everyone-will-welcome-him?t=1555593198982

Demonstrators protest Trump's Pittsburgh visit

Former ADL Director Attributes Rise in Anti-Semitism to Trump
https://www.thehoya.com/former-adl-director-attributes-rise-anti-semitism-trump/

How is my statement wrong?

So people have attempted to enter discussion with you in good faith, and instead of trying to rebut, all you can do is continue with the insults. Thank you very embodying the leftist emotional tirade that occurs anytime you run headlong into facts that dispute your narrative. Try again.

Last edited: