The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
11 Xterra Pro-4x, 12 'stang GT
It is also a good example of the sort of thing that has become entirely believable during Trump’s tenure.
That is in large part fueled by the media over reporting on his personal flaws, of which there are many for sure, instead of focusing on his actual policies and actions. This has created a certain narrative that a large portion of people have bought into.

Either way I would think that serious journalistic outlets like CNN or BI would have more integrity.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
That is in large part fueled by the media over reporting on his personal flaws, of which there are many for sure, instead of focusing on his actual policies and actions.
No, it is fuelled entirely by the constant stream of nonsense, hot air, blunders and hatred coming from the current occupant of the Oval Office. It his he who surrounds himself with yes-men, it is he who tweeted a classified satellite photo and it is he who managed to make even the weather a political issue.

This has created a certain narrative that a large portion of people have bought into.
What narrative? Trump being a terrible president and barely, if at all, fit for office is not a narrative. It’s an observation of facts.

Either way I would think that serious journalistic outlets like CNN or BI would have more integrity.
It’s always easy to criticise “the media”, but with a president who produces newsworthy outbursts at an astonishing pace, it’s not always possible to check thoroughly before the next Twitter storm already comes along.

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
president who produces newsworthy outbursts at an astonishing pace, it’s not always possible to check thoroughly before the next Twitter storm already comes along.
Why do you think he keeps doing that? Specifically so that the media completely misses the real stories and plays into his hands. He produces clickbait for them in the process destroying their credibility. When these, supposedly respectable, outlets are producing clearly not researched (if not outright fake) stories they make it very easy to dismiss them. Trump weaponized confirmation bias, it's rather amazing if you ask me.

gaasc

Desperately looking for a title
DONOR
Car(s)
3 of them
I'm not entirely sure he did it willingly, but he did indeed do that. That BI article and @calvinhobbes's reaction are the effects. Intended or otherwise.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
He produces clickbait for them in the process destroying their credibility. When these, supposedly respectable, outlets are producing clearly not researched (if not outright fake) stories they make it very easy to dismiss them.
You dismiss the media, I dismiss the president. It’s their job to report on the president, it isn’t his job to produce Twitter storms and other varieties of hot air.

Trump weaponized confirmation bias, it's rather amazing if you ask me.
What has Trump done that hasn’t confirmed the impression that he’s a loose cannon who will do anything for a bit of admiration and appreciation?

prizrak

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Also remember that private meeting Trump had with the Russians helps make it all the more believable.
Aren't private meetings with foreigner dignitaries pretty normal for POTUS?
It’s their job to report on the president,
It's their job to report the news.
What has Trump done that hasn’t confirmed the impression that he’s a loose cannon who will do anything for a bit of admiration and appreciation?
It doesn't matter what he has or hasn't done, what matters is that you and people like you will take anything negative about him at face value. On the other side you have a bunch of people that will dismiss literally anything coming from certain sources.

You dismiss the media,
They failed the american public, their entire job was/is to be a neutral (as much as possible) third party that reports on actual news. Instead they are just feeding the divide with their coverage and sensationalizing (is that a word?)*

*I'm including all outlets here, not just CNN or BI, Fox News, Breitbart, etc... are all guilty of this.

I'm not saying Trump is right, I'm saying media is wrong.