Trump: "I'm being denied due process and representation."

Congress: "Cool, let's move forward to the part where you get representation."

Trump: "I'm not participating! I won't even send a lawyer to represent me."

GRtak

Forum Addict
Trump: "I'm being denied due process and representation."

Congress: "Cool, let's move forward to the part where you get representation."

Trump: "I'm not participating! I won't even send a lawyer to represent me."

Translation: I have enough Senators convinced to do my bidding, and I can still say the process is not legitimate.

Edit:
I meant reprentattives...

Last edited:

GRtak

Forum Addict

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
"Lazy asses should get a fourth job instead of sleeping at night. When I was a young man, we worked so much harder than these people...."

avanti

Forum Addict
Car(s)
5 cars + 8 motorcycles

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
DONOR
Car(s)
1979 Opel Kadett | 1972 Ford Country Sedan
No one is asking people to get a 4th job. Single adults should be motivated to work, not given crutches.
So you work off the assumption these people are all just lazy asses who have a good time on the government's dime?

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
Most the people hit by this rule change have jobs seasonally or on a contract-basis. They will typically work a job (like a harvest) for several months but need SNAP to get by to the next job that might be a month or two away. SNAP creates some food stability for unskilled workers who don't have job security or food security.

calvinhobbes

Forum Addict
DONOR
Single adults should be motivated to work, not given crutches.
The problem usually isn’t that people can’t find something useful to do, it’s that nobody is willing to pay them (let alone pay them fairly) for it.

Add the usual amount of arrogance towards the unemployed and a bit of neoclassical economics and this policy change is what you get.

LeVeL

Forum Addict
Most the people hit by this rule change have jobs seasonally or on a contract-basis. They will typically work a job (like a harvest) for several months but need SNAP to get by to the next job that might be a month or two away. SNAP creates some food stability for unskilled workers who don't have job security or food security.
-Those people need to work, volunteer, or train just 20hrs a week to be eligible for benefits.
-The disabled are still eligible for benefits.
-Parents of dependent children are still eligible for benefits.
-The elderly are still eligible for benefits.

Last edited:

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
06 Nissan XTerra Off Road, 00 VFR800, 07 ST1300
-Those people need to work, very, or train just 20hrs a week to be eligible for benefits.
-The disabled are still eligible for benefits.
-Parents of dependent children are still eligible for benefits.
-The elderly are still eligible for benefits.
No shit, which is why I said "people hit by this rule change..." and then didn't talk about people with disabilities, people with dependents, or the elderly. :rolleyes:

Here, you dropped this:

LeVeL

Forum Addict
No shit, which is why I said "people hit by this rule change..." and then didn't talk about people with disabilities, people with dependents, or the elderly.
Reading is hard, I get it.
-Those people need to work, volunteer or train just 20hrs a week to be eligible for benefits.