The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

GRtak;n3545412 said:
The Steele dossier might be the piece that pushed the FBI to seek the warrant, but that does not mean it stood as the sole reason the warrant was pursued. I doubt a warrant of that nature would have gone through as many people as is needed with that as the sole basis for it.
I'm sure they had other stuff, but there is an interesting fact about the FISA court. Between it's creation in 1978 through 2013 the FISA court has approved warrants on 33,942 applications. In that same time frame it only denied 11. 99.97% of FISA warrant applications were approved in those 33 years. Some people say they "rubber stamp" anything that comes across their desk, but they insist that the reason they have so few denials is that the FBI/DOJ do such a thorough job of only submitting highly detailed and verified requests.

And since we're talking about approvals to spy on American citizens, potentially violating their constitutionally protected civil rights, they better be holding themselves to a very high standard. The idea that the Steele dossier was used to get FISA approval doesn't look good for the FBI, especially if it is true that they withheld where it came from and who paid for it. Reports are saying the FBI told FISA that it's origins were politically motivated, but that seems to be it. Christopher Steele worked for Fusion GPS, along with Nellie Ohr, wife of Bruce Ohr, a Deputy Attorney General at the DOJ. The dossier was funded by the DNC and Hillary Clinton.

It doesn't seem completely crazy to suggest that the FISA court may have denied a warrant if these things were disclosed in the application. It also doesn't seem completely crazy to suggest that an application wouldn't have been submitted at all without the dossier, considering the very high standards for evidence/probable cause the FISA court supposedly holds itself to.

But again, without access to all the information and documents, we're left speculating.

This doesn't get Trump off the hook with Mueller though, since the George Papadopoulos investigation predates the Carter Page/Fusion GPS debacle.

GRtak;n3545412 said:
As far as trust goes, why would I trust a guy that lies constantly, and another that leaks information to people that he is not supposed to? One of those also told Putin to hack emails, another big no no in my book. He is also the same guy that is under scrutiny here, so anything he does to smear an investigation into his campaign has to be looked at as just that.
I don't blame anyone for not trusting Trump, but it's still not a good idea to mischaracterize what he says. It's possible to shit on him without spinning his words. He never told Russia to hack anyone, but he did say he hoped Russia had Hillary's 50,000 personal emails that she (illegally) deleted. Of course, we all know those emails didn't contain any classified information whatsoever, since that would constitute a felony breach of national security laws, so it really wouldn't be a big deal if Russia got their hands on them somehow.

:lol:

The call to get rid of Nunes was an entirely political move intended to put Ryan in the spotlight and push him off the fence. He had to respond to it by either supporting the process and rule of law or bootlicking Trump. It wasn't about the content of the memo, but rather the side show that the memo had become. We know that tens of thousands of Russian Twitter bot account ts started pushing the #releasethememo tag.

So Nunes and the rest of the GOP concoct this nothingburger of bullshit to try to derail the investigation into Trump and his ties. They are trying to undermine the very dossier that they commissioned in the first place.

They think that no one is smart enough to see their political maneuvering for what it is - and they are at least a little correct, it worked in Level at least.

So the DOW dropped nearly 1200 points. Everything is fine...

I have never understood the complexities of the stock market. Our President has taken credit for the record highs up until now, so he can take credit for the drop.

Radio silence from Trump supporters, even that cancerous shithole of a subreddit isn't even trying to spin this.

qI74aMp.jpg

GRtak;n3545527 said:
I have never understood the complexities of the stock market. Our President has taken credit for the record highs up until now, so he can take credit for the drop.

I have a degree in business and actually studied finance and I *still* don't understand the stock market, so don't feel too bad ;)

prizrak;n3545532 said:
I have a degree in business and actually studied finance and I *still* don't understand the stock market, so don't feel too bad ;)

Because the market is about 10-20% finance and 80-90% emotion.

NecroJoe;n3545536 said:
Did he really equate "not clapping" with "treason"? I feel like that's not a word the president should throw around, but I suppose it's par for the course.

President? No, a president wouldn't. A president wouldn't do such a thing. Now, bare with me a sec, an aspiring totalitarian dictator might do such a thing, but certainly not a president. It's something you might read about from a dictator in a banana republic, but not from the POTUS. At least... You shouldn't...

GRtak;n3545521 said:
So the DOW dropped nearly 1200 points. Everything is fine...

Fox news had to cut away from Trump economy speech to break the news :lol:

And these days, when somebody, or enough somebodies get cold feet, it triggers the computers to panic too.

So most articles I read about the markets say that the decline was prompted by a report that US wages have increased at the fastest pace since 2009. So that's what triggered the dive. Here i'm thinking increased wages are a good thing.