The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

fats cheeto had some thoughts about teh technologies this morning.

I want 5G, and even 6G, technology in the United States as soon as possible. It is far more powerful, faster, and smarter than the current standard. American companies must step up their efforts, or get left behind. There is no reason that we should be lagging behind on.........

https://splinternews.com/big-brain-tech-president-1832785466

Between this and his insistence that NASA put a man on Mars for his 2020 campaign, me thinks Agolf Twitler might be a bit of an idiot and not know a damn thing about how anything actually works.

You don't say?

24G. Because as we all know, 24 is the highest number.

See, this is why a 5 year old shouldn't be allowed to drive let alone run a country.

I demand 42G NOW! It is the most beautiful anser to all our questions. Nobody will ever run out of covfefe with G42. Its goona be so grate. MaGGGAA

Finally, I don't think anyone is really denying that the climate is changing... The disagreement is over a) how much humans have contributed to it, and b) whether or not we can get a fair deal with other countries to act so we're not getting screwed. For example, back in the 90s Kyoto would've had us pay a ton while Russia, China, and India could keep polluting as much as they wanted - terrible deal. Even today even though Trump pulled out of the Paris Accord, the US is leading in terms of pollution reduction so isn't that the ultimate goal?

There's pretty much total scientific consensus as to whether human activity is having a big impact on the climate. It has been known for decades if not a century. And yes, there are still politicians who flat out deny it, most of them republicans, and that includes the stupid donkey of a president you elected.

The US is leading the reduction of pollution? Quotation needed. Are you sure about this? Could it be that it's really a lot easier for the major polluter in the world to reduce what it creates? There are countries which, given the right circumstances, can run entirely on renewable energies for the electricity generated (yes, Portugal, did it for 3 days of unusually high winds).

The Paris accord was a non-binding agreement between countries, kind of a gentleman's agreement to agree to do your very best over a firm handshake. There was no deal to pull back from - terrible or not. Still, your hero said he'd pull out of it, plans to scrap emissions regulations for coal plants and other shit, again to benefit very few industrialists at the cost of our atmosphere.

When are you gonna stop trying to defend this shit? I know you've been doing it for a long time, and saying you're wrong is one of the hardest things to do, but come on dude.

There is an old cartoon, too lazy to find it but it goes something like this.
“What if man made climate change isn’t real and we have reduced pollution and created all these green jobs for no reason?”

It's saying that the worst case scenario of us devoting ourselves to addressing climate change is that we create a shit ton of new jobs and major economic benefits while giving ourselves a cleaner environment to live in.

Yep thanks @GRtak
@mpicco Blind and GR covered it already but what I was really trying to say is that, to me it doesn’t matter whether climate is changing and who is responsible. Decreasing negative impact humans have on environment is always going to be a good thing.

Yep thanks @GRtak
@mpicco Blind and GR covered it already but what I was really trying to say is that, to me it doesn’t matter whether climate is changing and who is responsible. Decreasing negative impact humans have on environment is always going to be a good thing.
Exactly. I don't understand (well, I do...) how people could be against making changes to slow down/reverse climate change.

The only real arguments I ever heard against are economic, but far as I'm concerned economies change all the time. At some point the booming horse economy had to step aside for cars. Hell even more recently computers displaced the human computers who used to do calculations for scientists (like there were people literally with pen and paper doing math)

The president has called it a hoax from the Chinese.