The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

There are other reasons info.was redacted. Again, this is not for the general public, or the whole House of Representatives, just the House Judiciary committee. And nobody outside the the DOJ knows what is in there, and it may have relevance.
Congress has access to an unredacted report, what is the issue?
I have no idea what that is about.
Lev made a point about actual effective tax burden being lower for most people and you come out with tariffs. One has nothing to do with the other, doesn't mean those tariffs are good, just that they are irrelevant.

Uggggh! No it is not, at least not completely unredacted.
2.5 LINES OF THE 448-PAGE REPORT, CONSISTING OF GRAND JURY TESTIMONY, REMAIN UNAVAILABLE TO CONGRESS.

Do I need to quote Andy Dufresne here?

You have nothing of substance to make this debate. You're parroting a hack talking point, without bothering to consider the facts.

(EDIT: It's like I'm psychic...

Stupid is as stupid does, Tom Perez).

With the intent to investigate how and why the Russian investigation was started. And it is only for that purpose.
Yeah, so? What's your point?

If it gets declassified, it gets declassified. Who cares about the justification (so long as it's copacetic).... it still means he's not hiding anything.

First, why would he allow one branch have access to that info and not the other? (DOJ is part of the executive branch btw)
Congress wants to throw Barr in jail for not following their requests that he break the law. What's your take on that?

2) part of congress's job is to act as a check on the executive branch, so he can't stop that, it will just get dragged through the courts to get it done. It may even require the jump to impeachment to get it done.
It's also Congress job not to act like braying hyenas and engage in rhetoric that has no basis in reality.

No. Trump even blocked the former White House Council from testifying before the House Judiciary committee.
Source?

What double standard? The investigation has to go through the process before information can be released. I wanted to know more about what was going on, but knew I would have to wait out the process.
Then why are you upset that Trump granted executive privilege for this ongoing investigation, and why are you siding with the Democrats for attempting to prevent it from even occurring?

THAT double standard!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Of course he did, nevermind the new NAFTA deal that still needs to be ratified; this reeks of Trump's desperation to distract from his tweet the other night admitting Russia helped him get elected - which, contrary to what he claims, is a crime.

Trump: Russia, Russia, Russia! That’s all you heard at the beginning of this Witch Hunt Hoax...And now Russia has disappeared because I had nothing to do with Russia helping me to get elected. It was a crime that didn’t exist. So now the Dems and their partner, the Fake News Media,.....

The more you read it, the more it sounds like "yes Russia helped me, and I have known it all along, but I haven't asked for it, so what problem do you have?"

Which fits perfectly with his characters and with what his (apparently childish) mind would suggest.

Granted, it may just be he wrote the wrong thing (you never know, with a man with as little diplomacy, self-control and writing ability), but it sure sounds like he just blurted out what happened.

This is maybe also why all this "I cannot say he is guilty, so I will only say he is not innocent" is going on: what would you call someone who has not materially done anything, but has known that he was being helped in an illegal manner right at the moment when this happened and has accepted the help with no remorse or regret?

No, actually it's not.

Whatever it is, it's not good in any way, under any perspective.

Since you will disagree with me, I'll let General Robert Brown (commander of the US Army Pacific) speak the same things I would tell you, that conflict has many shapes, and many ways of being resolved, many of which operate way before any conventional idea of "open" conflict. This is perfectly the case. Putin's choice was to have Trump as US president. Why? EDIT moreover, Russia did meddle with the US election. What is this to be considered? Is it ok or not? EDIT

from time 11:20 to 25:00.

Last edited:
Speaking of tariffs, Trump just announced increasing tariffs on Mexican goods until illegal crossings into the US stop. :roflmao: Leftists are going to lose their g-ddamn minds over this!
Not a fan of tarrifs, they are going to negatively affect us much more than they would Mexico. There is a reason why stuff like avocados is imported, it just doesn't grow well here.
admitting Russia helped him get elected - which, contrary to what he claims, is a crime.
yes Russia helped me, and I have known it all along, but I haven't asked for it, so what problem do you have?"
  1. There is absolutely nothing in that tweet that suggest he knew about it prior to the Mueller investigation.
  2. It's not a crime if someone does something for you without your knowledge, consent or direction.
Since you will disagree with me, I'll let General Robert Brown (commander of the US Army Pacific) speak the same things I would tell you, that conflict has many shapes, and many ways of being resolved, many of which operate way before any conventional idea of "open" conflict. This is perfectly the case. Putin's choice was to have Trump as US president. Why? EDIT moreover, Russia did meddle with the US election. What is this to be considered? Is it ok or not? EDIT
Using spies to control other country's population and subvert legitimate rule has been around since the goddamn Sumerians, the only difference is that now it is much easier due to technology. Literally all of the countries do that all of the time, the only reason it doesn't work well in Russia is because of the authoritarian nature of the government.

Also I disagree with the statement
Russia did meddle with the US election.
If there was evidence that Russia hacked voting machines, got people to vote (via w/e means) some specific way, or messed with the actual reported results, then yes you can say there was meddling. What they actually did was basically what every single political campaign does, which was spread a particular message. If the US public believed that message and that lead to Trump being elected then the issue is the electorate, which is too easily led by whoever is running a campaign.

What they actually did was basically what every single political campaign does, which was spread a particular message. If the US public believed that message and that lead to Trump being elected then the issue is the electorate, which is too easily led by whoever is running a campaign.

Yes it is. And yes the problem is in how easy it is to manipulate people's mind. This is also why Mueller cannot say "guilty", BTW, because it is common and still quite legal.

The fact is, though, none of this is less than unsettling, and everyone should think about what this does mean and what consequences it may bring. Where does your freedom of choice start and end?

Congress has access to an unredacted report, what is the issue?

Lev made a point about actual effective tax burden being lower for most people and you come out with tariffs. One has nothing to do with the other, doesn't mean those tariffs are good, just that they are irrelevant.

I want a citation on the unredacted report.

When did I ever say anything about whataboutisms?

When I run out of choices.

If your information is not correct, is yours a choice?
If you are being told lies, is yours really a choice?
If what you want is not among the possibilities, where is your choice?

I want a citation on the unredacted report.
I want a citation on redacted report

When did I ever say anything about whataboutisms?
Don't know or care, you used one.
It is up to me to weed out good information from bad, not anyone else
[/quote]
That means I ran out of choices, fail to see an issue here.

2.5 LINES OF THE 448-PAGE REPORT, CONSISTING OF GRAND JURY TESTIMONY, REMAIN UNAVAILABLE TO CONGRESS.

Do I need to quote Andy Dufresne here?

You have nothing of substance to make this debate. You're parroting a hack talking point, without bothering to consider the facts.

(EDIT: It's like I'm psychic...

Stupid is as stupid does, Tom Perez).

Source. You claim all of congress has access to it, so I want to see that, not just a committee.

Yeah, so? What's your point?

If it gets declassified, it gets declassified. Who cares about the justification (so long as it's copacetic).... it still means he's not hiding anything.

He is delaying the possible impeachment process or he would not have tried to hide it that way.

Congress wants to throw Barr in jail for not following their requests that he break the law. What's your take on that?

There is a process to get that info from the grand jury released to congress. I have said it several times. And if you would have read the subpoena, there were clear excemptions to protect him from breaking the law.

It's also Congress job not to act like braying hyenas and engage in rhetoric that has no basis in reality.

Same can be said for the the president That lies like his life(maybe his political life does...) depends on it.

Will get to that in a minute.

Then why are you upset that Trump granted executive privilege for this ongoing investigation, and why are you siding with the Democrats for attempting to prevent it from even occurring?

THAT double standard!

Trump is not protecting an investigation, he is protecting his own ass. What are the dems trying to stop?

The thing is, there is no data to suggest that the Russians actually succeeded in influencing anything in our 2016 election. Most of the people claiming otherwise are clinging to the uncertainty, since it's impossible to say with absolute certainty that not a single vote may have been influence by something the Russians did.

But seriously, have you seen any of these propaganda messages that these Russian actors, who were impersonating Americans, posted online? Have you seen all the propaganda images posted on Trump's twitter feed every time he posts a message? Can you remember anything about John Podesta's leaked emails? Seems to me the Russian efforts were rather weak, but there is a narrative being pushed that Trump would have never been elected if it weren't for the Russians. I personally see no evidence of this.

It also appears that the Obama Admin was well aware of what the Russians were doing, but considered it a non-threat and did nothing to stop it. Deciding instead to simply ridicule Trump for claiming our elections could ever possibly be "rigged" in any way.

I would claim the "grab em by the pussy" tape influenced the election by an order of magnitude more than anything the Russian's did, but we still know nothing about who leaked that tape. Could have been a private American citizen who worked on the show. Could have been a hacker with connections to a foreign government that gained access to the Access Hollywood servers and stole it. Who knows.

Meanwhile the attempts of other nations to influence our election went largely unnoticed. Large amounts of money being donated to campaigns, as well as to the "charities" connected with the campaigns. I mean, typically the candidate that spends the most money will end up winning the election, so... but that sort of thing is ignored entirely. Gets in the way of the narrative I guess.