The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Background on Tim Pool: he is an independent journalist who used to work for Vice news and is in no way a Trump supporter.

Good to see Level had double his usual amount of kool-aid...

Why not? His policies are what actually matters, where they come from is irrelevant, some of the worst policies in the world come from the best of intentions, after all we all know what the road to hell is paved with.

So you have never said you would kill someone and then not do it?

Show me unequivocally racist policy decisions of his

citation needed
Okay, you and Level clearly are not living in the same reality as the rest of the world.

By the way, if you ever wanted to know what you would have done in interwar Germany - look at what you are doing today, because that's your answer.

Being an apologist to a president who idolizes despots, fancies himself as a dictator, and whose actions (including speech) are right out of the Authoritarian Playbook makes you every bit as culpable.

But I'm sure he will make the trains run on time.

Okay, you and Level clearly are not living in the same reality as the rest of the world.

Being an apologist to a president who idolizes despots, fancies himself as a dictator, and whose actions (including speech) are right out of the Authoritarian Playbook makes you every bit as culpable.

But I'm sure he will make the trains run on time.
All I asked from you was one supporting example of your assertion and all I get is insults and questioning my sense of reality.

By the way, if you ever wanted to know what you would have done in interwar Germany
I would be dying in an actual concentration camp but you know whatever furthers your argument I guess...

Blind has jumped off an identical ideological cliff LeV did, he just so happened to do it on the other side of the rock formation. It scares me that either did it.

All I asked from you was one supporting example of your assertion and all I get is insults and questioning my sense of reality.

I would be dying in an actual concentration camp but you know whatever furthers your argument I guess...

Because there is no convincing you of reality. You are standing on the argument that speech cannot, under any circumstances, be racist because it doesn't fit your arbitrary definition of "action". By your logic, anyone who uses racial slurs is not racist, saying someone deserves to be lynched isn't racist - all because you didn't actually put them in chains or sting them up from a tree.

It is absolutely absurd and not connected to reality - so yeah, I'm going to fucking question it. Everyone else is sayingthe sky is blue and you're saying the sky is made of fish.

Because there is no convincing you of reality. You are standing on the argument that speech cannot, under any circumstances, be racist because it doesn't fit your arbitrary definition of "action".
It doesn’t meet the legal definition of action either but then it wouldn’t fit your narrative to acknowledge the chasm between speech and action.
Also I never said speech can’t be racist, I said I don’t care if it is as long as it’s not backed up with actual actions.
You made the claim that Trump instituted racist policies but yet to show a single example of such a policy and when pressed on it do nothing but accuse me of not living in reality

P.S. The reality I live in is apparently same one as this bastion of alt right - Vox https://www.vox.com/policy-and-poli...casio-cortez-omar-pressley-tlaib-pelosi-squad

Last edited:
What actual racists things has he done, not said actually done

You are very short sighted if you think what someone in power says doesn't filter down and becomes actions by others, namely his followers.
This stupid logic is like saying, if he ever said something like "I think it'd be fine if someone killed AOC" and the next day someone else did, you'd say Trump had no responsibility at all?

You can go to jail for saying things. If you don't believe me run up to a cop and tell him you're planning on killing the president and overthrowing the government, let me know how it goes.

The house has now come out and officially condemned Trump's statements as racist. All democrats, and 4 republicans voted in favour, including the only African-american Republican rep.

The best, I think, is to laugh about it; not sneeringly, not aggressively, not histerically, but wholeheartedly, treating those things for what they are: manifestations of stupidity.

Some people laugh. Others are indignant. Many indifferent. But his most fierce supporters will take it seriously.

You are very short sighted if you think what someone in power says doesn't filter down and becomes actions by others, namely his followers.
That’s a fair point.
This stupid logic is like saying, if he ever said something like "I think it'd be fine if someone killed AOC" and the next day someone else did, you'd say Trump had no responsibility at all?
That’s actually rather tricky, legally most likely not since there is no clear call to action.
You can go to jail for saying things. If you don't believe me run up to a cop and tell him you're planning on killing the president and overthrowing the government, let me know how it goes.
Actually no you can’t, even in your scenario I’d get detained and investigated by the SS. The only way i’d be going to prison (it would be a federal crime so prison not jail) is if there was evidence that I had made preparations to carry out my threat.

Actually no you can’t, even in your scenario I’d get detained and investigated by the SS. The only way i’d be going to prison (it would be a federal crime so prison not jail) is if there was evidence that I had made preparations to carry out my threat.

Oh I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as to differentiate detention, prison and jail. English is my 3rd language so excuse me. Portuguese and Spanish are available if you wish for me to be more specific in the next post?
Does this disprove what I say? You can get in trouble for what you say.

Want more examples? Call the firemen and lie about there being a fire in your house. See what you say through the phone (faking an emergency) doesn't land you into trouble.

What you say matters. If it didn't, society would collapse.

This thread is getting dumber and dumber by the day. All I'm going to add is that we should be ashamed that anyone from "the squad" managed to get elected - they're the true despicable, ignorant, commie racists.

Stop tagging me in this dumpster fire of a thread.

Oh hello apologist. Tag. Tag tag tag.
Come on, do your mental gymnastics, tell us why Trump is the best president ever once again.

And Lol at the 'commie' jab. You truly are a shitty villain from a B movie.

Last edited:
Oh I'm sorry I wasn't as clear as to differentiate detention, prison and jail. English is my 3rd language so excuse me. Portuguese and Spanish are available if you wish for me to be more specific in the next post?
I wasn’t calling you out on not knowing a difference between prison and jail, only explained why I used one term over the other. Apologies if that wasn’t clear.
Does this disprove what I say? You can get in trouble for what you say. What you say matters. If it didn't, society would collapse.
You can get in trouble for simply being somewhere, that’s not much of an argument. What you say matters but then “talk is cheap” and “actions speak louder than words” is something that exists in our culture as well.

You can get in trouble for simply being somewhere, that’s not much of an argument. What you say matters but then “talk is cheap” and “actions speak louder than words” is something that exists in our culture as well.

So you want to say what Trump says doesn't matter cos his talk is cheap? Is that the kind of sign you want from the leader of a country?

So you want to say what Trump says doesn't matter cos his talk is cheap? Is that the kind of sign you want from the leader of a country?
I never said he was a good leader, or that I want(ed) him to be one, I am simply saying that if he is racist he doesn’t seem to go beyond talk.

I never said he was a good leader, or that I want(ed) him to be one, I am simply saying that if he is racist he doesn’t seem to go beyond talk.

Is iiiiiiiiiiiiit

So I guess we shouldn't do anything at all about someone who 'just talks' about diddling little kids or murdering single women for fun... just talk. Talk never hurt anyone did it. Talk never inspired anyone to commit any crime, ever. /s

So he might have done something racist (remember he never had to admit discrimination so we can't know for sure) 46 years ago, and from then on it's been nothing but talk. Again what has he done as POTUS that is legitimately racist other than talk?
So I guess we shouldn't do anything at all about someone who 'just talks' about diddling little kids or murdering single women for fun... just talk. Talk never hurt anyone did it.
Yes you are correct, we should not do anything to people who simply talk, it's one of the cornerstones of American culture and political system.
Talk never inspired anyone to commit any crime, ever. /s
So people have no faculties now and go with whatever they are told? Speech can inspire but actions are up to the actor, this is why "we were just following orders" defense didn't work for a bunch of Hugo Boss wearing war criminals.

Yes you are correct, we should not do anything to people who simply talk, it's one of the cornerstones of American culture and political system.

You are so full of shit. You would never put your money where your mouth is. Go to some mall and start yelling Death to America, I will blow up everyone here right now. Or any of the previous many examples I gave you where your mere words would get you into a lot of trouble.

You are absolutely liable for your words as much as you are for your actions.
As for your "following orders" example, it completely puts the nail in the coffin of your own argument. The bunch of Hugo Boss wearing criminals who were sentenced for war crimes was in fact ordered to do some things by higher ranking Hugo Boss wearing criminals. The latter probably never pulled the trigger or poured the gas pellets themselves, just said words. And wouldn't you guess, words were enough to make them criminals.

So he might have done something racist (remember he never had to admit discrimination so we can't know for sure) 46 years ago, and from then on it's been nothing but talk. Again what has he done as POTUS that is legitimately racist other than talk?

I knew when pushed you would rationalise, trivialise, and defend him once again.
By your logic, if I say out loud "Black people are inferior to white people" I'm not racist, since I didn't do anything, "I just said it".

You would never put your money where your mouth is.
I have flipped off cops and said fuck the police to them before, never even been arrested I suggest not talking about shit you don't know about.
Yelling
will blow up everyone here right now.
is a threat and would be investigated.
Yelling
Death to America
might get you kicked of the mall, which is typically private property, but there would be 0 legal consequences.
You are absolutely liable for your words as much as you are for your actions.
If you mean liable in the sense that people will look at you a certain way based on how you speak, then no shit, if you are talking about legal liability, which is what I think we are talking about, then only in some very specific cases.
The latter probably never pulled the trigger or poured the gas pellets themselves, just said words. And wouldn't you guess, words were enough to make them criminals.
Yes ordering someone to do something illegal is illegal, that's different from your examples of "someone talking about diddling kids" or "killing women"
I knew when pushed you would rationalise, trivialise, and defend him once again.
No I am questioning your evidence as it is extremely lacking. I specifically asked for evidence of him doing something racist rather than saying and that entire list has at best one questionable example.
By your logic, if I say out loud "Black people are inferior to white people" I'm not racist, since I didn't do anything, "I just said it".
You must not read very well (third language and all I guess), I have stated multiple times already that if he is a racist (though I would say his more bigoted or xenophobic than specifically racist but that's splitting hairs) he doesn't seem to act on those beliefs. So sure you can say
Black people are inferior to white people"
but if you never act on it does it actually matter that you think that?

Let me put it a slightly different way for you, all presidents we have ever had in the US were Christian, the Bible considers homosexuality a sin, yet gay marriage has been federally legal since 2015. So does it matter that Obama thought it was a sin?

For years on this forum there have been a number of effing idiots making claims about freedom of speech in the United States that are based on their own ideas and not reality.

If the readers of this post would like to see some instances of this, they may want to do a search and find some of those previous threads, some of which I participated in, that contain these discussions where one side is rational and knowledgeable about this subject, and the other has irrational ideas that they think that they can force into being by being a bigger douchebag.

For those who are interested and wish to know the reality of freedom of speech in the United States, please click the following link:

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-fede...ational-outreach/activity-resources/what-does