The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

I'm not excusing antisemitic comments, I'm pointing out that Trump is quick to call others antisemitic except when they are in his camp or enforcing his policies.

I'm not excusing antisemitic comments
It certainly sounds like you are.
I'm pointing out that Trump is quick to call others antisemitic except when they are in his camp or enforcing his policies.
You might not be wrong in general, but in this particular case there is enough evidence against Omar to suggest at least some anti-semitic leanings, which was something that her own party members pointed out not just Trump.
In the case of the guard I saw no evidence of any kind of ethnic/religious motivation. Again to go back to what I said earlier, just because these people happened to be of certain religion/ethnicity doesn't make automatically mean any violence against them was motivated by ethnic/religious hate.

When Trump calls for holding the guard accountable, I will retract my statement. I'm not holding my breath.

That's not true! I have it right here, it was stuck to the fridge with a kitten magnet.

I've lost count of the number of times I thought this ignorant son of a bitch couldn't get any more idiotic.

Trump cancels Denmark visit amid spat over sale of Greenland

US President Donald Trump has cancelled a state visit to Denmark after the nation's prime minister said Greenland was not for sale to the US.

The president was scheduled to visit on 2 September, at the invitation of Denmark's Queen Margrethe II.

Then last week Mr Trump suggested the US was interested in buying Greenland, an autonomous Danish territory.

Danish PM Mette Frederiksen described the suggestion as "absurd" and said she hoped Mr Trump was not being serious.

Ms Frederiksen is due to give a statement later on Wednesday.

Reality always trumps imagination.

Trump says Jews are disloyal to Isreal for voting Democratic and he is the chosen one.

Is he looking over his shoulder because he is afraid lightning is going to strike?

Wait a second, wasn't he just calling Omar anti-Semitic for saying that Jews have a dual loyalty - now he's trying to leverage that very idea to guilt Jews into voting Republican.

Shh, don't tell anyone.

Him being the chosen one, or at least believing it, is more disconcerting to me.

He is reminding me more and more of the infamous phrase “L’État, c’est Moi.” His actions, reactions and utterances aren’t like those of an odd, but still sane president, but much more like those of someone who believes that they are ruling “by the grace of god”.

Trump claims he can arbitrarily abolish the 14th Amendment.
https://time.com/5658238/donald-trump-birthright-citizenship/?utm_source=reddit.com

President Donald Trump said Wednesday he was looking “very seriously” at ending the right to citizenship for babies born to non-U.S. citizens on American soil.

Trump spoke to reporters as he departed the White House for a speech in Louisville, Kentucky. He said birthright citizenship was “frankly ridiculous.”

“We’re looking at it very, very seriously,” he said. This isn’t the first time Trump has claimed he’d do away with it — he said something similar in October.

But the citizenship proposal would inevitably spark a longshot legal battle over whether the president can alter the long accepted understanding that the 14th Amendment grants citizenship to any child born on U.S. soil, regardless of a parent’s immigration status.
James Ho, a conservative Trump-appointed federal appeals court judge, wrote in 2006, before his appointment, that birthright citizenship “is protected no less for children of undocumented persons than for descendants of Mayflower passengers.”
But Trump has said he was assured by his lawyers that the change could be made “just with an executive order” — an argument he has been making since his early days as a candidate, when he dubbed birthright citizenship a “magnet for illegal immigration” and pledged to end it.

There are no figures on how many foreign women travel to the U.S. specifically to give birth. The Center for Immigration Studies, a group that advocates for stricter immigration laws, estimated that in 2012 about 36,000 foreign-born women gave birth in the U.S., then left the country.

Places like Florida have seen in a boom in so-called “birth tourism.” Every year, hundreds of pregnant Russian women travel to the United States to give birth, paying from $20,000 to more than $50,000 to brokers who arrange their travel documents, accommodations and hospital stays. Sizable numbers of women from China and Nigeria also come to the U.S. for the same reason.
Trump’s comments Wednesday came as the administration continued to make immigration changes pushed by his hardline advisers that have been in the works for months. On Wednesday, the Department of Homeland Security announced it had moved to end a longstanding federal agreement that limits how long immigrant children can be kept in detention. The decision will almost certainly lead to a legal battle over the government’s desire to hold migrant families until their cases are decided.

The rule follows moves last week to broaden the definition of a “public charge”— a burden to the U.S. — to include immigrants on public assistance, potentially denying green cards to more immigrants. There was also a recent effort to effectively end asylum altogether at the southern border.

Trump has a mental disorder.

He will say and do absolutely anything to get consensus, and will be very annoyed if he doesn't get it.

He does not believe to be the chosen one, he does not believe to be able to change the Constitution at will, he probably does not believe in half the stupid things he says: he says them because he would say anything to get what he wants: to be loved and praised and revered.

The problem is not really him uttering one stupid thing after another at the rate of a machine gun, the problem is all those who believe that what he says is credible and will happen.

Do not focus on him, or you will appear to his electors like a bunch of envious people incapable of pointing out real problems.

Focus on real problems, asking what he is actually doing or he has actually done, because everybody is good at boasting, not everyone is good at doing.

His consensus is not rational, you cannot get people out of that with reason alone.