The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

You can also make the argument that smartphones weren't considered under the 1A or that AR15s weren't considered under the 2A - both are still protected. The 14A isn't exactly ambiguous when it comes to birthright...
Many people have made those arguments before (as you know very well with 2A).

Like I said I don't know if this is a big enough issue to really matter, I doubt MS13 members are coming over and starting families with anchor babies to sell drugs.

Point is, whoever is able to pay $10K to $15k to a specialized "birth tourism" agency to arrange giving birth to a baby in the US, has the necessary wealth and power to buy him- or herself into a Green Card in some other way. I believe that for rich people from Russia or Africa, this is mostly about status, not about actual usefulness.

Point is, whoever is able to pay $10K to $15k to a specialized "birth tourism" agency to arrange giving birth to a baby in the US, has the necessary wealth and power to buy him- or herself into a Green Card in some other way. I believe that for rich people from Russia or Africa, this is mostly about status, not about actual usefulness.
I don't think the issue he is thinking about is birth tourism but rather what they call "anchor babies", meaning that people who come over illegally get pregnant and have a child as a way of staying here.

People have debated repealing the 14th, Trump is claiming to be able to do it outside the legal process. He was also joking again today about staying in office beyond the term limit. Which leads me to...
Trump has a mental disorder.

He will say and do absolutely anything to get consensus, and will be very annoyed if he doesn't get it.

He does not believe to be the chosen one, he does not believe to be able to change the Constitution at will, he probably does not believe in half the stupid things he says: he says them because he would say anything to get what he wants: to be loved and praised and revered.

The problem is not really him uttering one stupid thing after another at the rate of a machine gun, the problem is all those who believe that what he says is credible and will happen.

Do not focus on him, or you will appear to his electors like a bunch of envious people incapable of pointing out real problems.

Focus on real problems, asking what he is actually doing or he has actually done, because everybody is good at boasting, not everyone is good at doing.

His consensus is not rational, you cannot get people out of that with reason alone.
It's not about consensus, I don't think he really cares about consensus outside his base. In fact, he needs the Left and Democrats to be against him to fit his narrative. The real problem with Trump is that he's exhibiting the signs of several mental disorders, starting with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD). This is not a surprise to anyone, but NPD, like other personality disorders, are very stable - not in the "high functioning" sense of stability, but rather the "very difficult to treat" sense. Most insurance companies will not pay for treatment for personality disorders because they see it as a waste of resources. The issue with NPD is not only the obvious markers of being self-centered to an extreme degree, but also the concept of the narcissistic injury and how it relates to rage. Anything that shatters the narcissist's grandiose view of themselves results is a very deep psychological wound; this in turn leads to what's called the narcissistic rage. We saw this happen with Trump regarding Denmark. First, he makes a very public offer to buy Greenland (no private approach, no working with the treasury to see if it's even possible, just out in public, "Yo, I want to buy a country") - so why did he do this? Trump has fed his narcissism in his business and personal brand for decades - he wanted Greenland only because he wants to have his name on one of the larges "real estate" deals in history. He said as much when questioned about it. When Denmark refused his offer and he was mocked by the world, he suffered a severe narcissistic injury - he lost face. His response was to tantrum, like a child, and withdraw his state visit to Denmark.

Fortunately, this particular rage was a political mistake and a diplomatic embarrassment; the next one might be more severe. We've already been taken to within minutes of war just so Trump could feed that narcissism by moving the military around - all to feel powerful. The next time he goes into a rage, he might not pull back from the brink of war.

If that wasn't bad enough, Trump also displays signs of a delusional disorder. A certain level of delusion is expected with NPD, but this goes well beyond that. Not only does Trump seem to have delusions of grandeur (which is, in itself, impressive - someone who is already the President of the US and still has delusions about being "the chosen one" and "king of Israel". This is a level of pathology I've never seen before), but also paranoid delusions of persecution. This is a very dangerous combination for someone with this amount of power.

People have debated repealing the 14th, Trump is claiming to be able to do it outside the legal process. He was also joking again today about staying in office beyond the term limit. Which leads me to...
Well yeah that part was obvious bullshit.

On today's episode of "That Hasn't Aged Well..."

Nobody reviews it???
That businesses is what my wife’s employer does and every client can get the option to review the clippings before they are sent out. I wish I was surprised that the Trump DOJ didn’t take such an option.

I don't think the issue he is thinking about is birth tourism but rather what they call "anchor babies", meaning that people who come over illegally get pregnant and have a child as a way of staying here.
And even there, if you are already in the country illegally, how do you distinguish between just having a child because, well, people get pregnant, and having an "anchor baby"? Or, in other words, what would changing the 14th really change in terms of real-world effect on immigration from Mexico?

Nothing.

You destroy a tentpole of the very concept of "United States of America" for a purely symbolic act to appeal to a fringe segment of the electorate.

And even there, if you are already in the country illegally, how do you distinguish between just having a child because, well, people get pregnant, and having an "anchor baby"? Or, in other words, what would changing the 14th really change in terms of real-world effect on immigration from Mexico?
It's rather easy to have a rule that states that your child is only a US citizen if parents are legal residents. Would it make any difference to immigration, dunno.

It can take decades for an Admendment to pass, so no, it is not that easy.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...tionalism-a9075741.html?utm_source=reddit.com

The Stable Genius is at it again.
Trump news – live: President explodes in astonishing attack on Federal Reserve and orders US companies to cease trading with China 'immediately'

Donald Trump has launched an extraordinary attack on the Federal Reserve and its chairman Jerome Powell and ordered US companies to cease trading with China “immediately” as the rival superpower upped the ante in their ongoing trade war by hiking tariffs on $75bn (£61bn) of American goods.
After Mr Powell addressed a central bank symposium in Wyoming and declined to say he would cut interest rates in accordance with the president’s wishes, the commander-in-chief exploded on Twitter and asked who is the “the bigger enemy” of the US, Mr Powell or Chinese premier Xi Jinping.
“Our Country has lost, stupidly, Trillions of Dollars with China over many years,” he ranted, ordering American businesses to seek alternatives to working with China and telling US delivery companies like FedEx and UPS to “SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China”, blaming Beijing for the US opioid crisis.