The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

The truth lies somewhere between the two of you, really. Unfortunately, at present the pendulum is swinging more towards Blind's direction.

I was going to poke fun at the "rage-quit" nonsense but this bit above made me not want to bother. Your irrational rage against Trump has completely blinded you to the facts.

Let's see...

Fake news and gullible idiots. Yeah bud, I'm sure Trump really said that :rolleyes:

Multiple sources reporting on the same events that happened repeatedly across several meetings with different staff and agencies.

In the mean time, lets take a look at some of his promises:

Built the wall? No
Mexico paid for it? No
Tax cuts will stimulate the economy? No
Trade wars are easy to win? If so, he's still managing to lose, so No.
Make no cuts to Medicare? No
Replace the ACA with something better? No, more Americans are now uninsured that at the end of Obama's presidency.
Cancel all funding to sanctuary cities? No
Force insurers to work across state lines? No
Immediately reverse Obama's immigration executive orders? Define "immediately" and "reverse" - no.
Establish a commission on radical Islam? No
Mandatory minimums for illegal immigrants? No
End birthright citizenship? No
Enact term limits for members of Congress? No
Death penalty for cop-killers? No
$550 billion invested in infrastructure? No
No cuts to social security? No
Eliminate common core education? No
Hiring freeze on new federal employees? No
Lifetime ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections? :ROFLMAO: no.
Defund planned parenthood? No
$20 billion more investment towards "school choice"? No
Change libel laws? No
Renegotiate the Iran deal? Well, he managed to remove all the restrictions so they could continue their nuclear program, still no replacement - so that's another No.
Build a safe zone for Syrian refugees? No
Close off the ISIS parts of the internet? No, also what?
Bring back waterboarding? Wait, he seriously promised that? Also, he didn't do it.
Lead an international coalition to defeat ISIS? No, in fact, according to DOD, Trump's policies have resulted in an ISIS resurgence.
Change children's vaccination schedule? No, also there's no fucking way I want this guy anywhere near children or medical decisions.
Allow people to deduct health insurance premiums from taxes? Nope.
Change how HSAs work? No
Price transparency from healthcare providers? No
Medicaid managed through block grants? No
Ban Muslims from entering the US? No
Use US steel for infrastructure projects? No
Deport existing Syrian refugees? No
Increase visa fees? No
Sue his accusers of sexual misconduct? No
Release tax returns once the audit is complete? Still hasn't even shown he's under audit, but I doubt it would take 3+ years to release is 2016 files. So no.
Create targeted childcare tax cuts? No
Collapse 7 tax brackets into 3? No
Repeal the alternative minimum tax? No
Balance the budget? Hang on, let me check... uh, wow, yeah, that's a big no.
Change the name of Mount Denali? No.. also, fucking why?
Stop the AT&T Time Warner merger? Nope, that happened.

But it's me who isn't paying attention to facts?

What he has done is drive the economy to the brink of recession, created global trade insecurity, ballooned the deficit with stimulus spending when every economist said we didn't need it, gotten into pissing matches with his own intelligence agencies, gotten into a pissing match with the Fed, cozied up to dictators and despots, emboldened white nationalist/neo nazis, and somehow found time to suck your brain out like a Wendy's Frosty while you slept. His tax cuts have not had the benefit to the economy that he claimed, going primarily to the top earners (previously posted and cited), he's gutted environmental protections, tried to prop up failing dirty industries, propagated baseless conspiracy theories, has perpetuated nepotism to an unprecedented degree in the presidency, has overseen the spread of for-profit child concentration camps, wanted to throw himself a military parade (he's a draft dodger), thinks wind turbines cause cancer and now he wants to throw nukes at clouds, has called climate change "a Chinese hoax", and that's not even getting into his connections to a known child rapist and sex traffiker or his strange attraction to his own daughter.

The guy is like the Lion, the Scarecrow, and the Tin Man all rolled into one. He doesn't have a brain, a heart, or an ounce of courage.

If anyone is raging irrationally, it’s Trump when he’s not getting what he’s wanting at any given moment; even if that is the opposite of what he was wanting five minutes earlier.

Hey, let's stay civil. No need for name-calling.

Why is there a different standard for me and Level? He has called a few people names in the political section.

And to be quite frank, calling him a parrot is far more accurate and civil than what he has called me.

If anyone is raging irrationally, it’s Trump when he’s not getting what he’s wanting at any given moment; even if that is the opposite of what he was wanting five minutes earlier.
Yes the whole Greenland thing was a great example of this:
  1. He asks the queen of Denmark to invite him. (makes no mention of Greenland)
  2. The queen does invite him.
  3. He accepts the invitation, resulting in extensive (and very expensive for the Danes) planning for a state visit
  4. Shortly before his visit he casually mentions that he wants to buy Greenland (a self-governed province) from Denmark
  5. The Danes say no, even going as far as characterizing the request as absurd
  6. He throws a tantrum like a toddler who has been denied candy by his parents, cancels said visit just two weeks prior to it taking place.
Now this is the "master dealmaker" (TM) at work.

Attachments

• IMG_3173.JPG
    IMG_3173.JPG
    169.7 KB · Views: 85
Why is there a different standard for me and Level? He has called a few people names in the political section.

And to be quite frank, calling him a parrot is far more accurate and civil than what he has called me.
I have this irrational concept of the liberal-ish side holding themselves to higher standards.

I have this irrational concept of the liberal-ish side holding themselves to higher standards.

I generally have stayed away from such things because I agree, but I am human. When Level shows up.after a long absence from this thread with his "Fake news and gullible idiots" (see what he calls us) comment, I reacted. This is despite the fact that Trump has a problem keeping his people quiet from day one.

Oh, now Trump is suggesting that the next G-7 meeting at one of his places, raising more ethical questions.

Hey, now Trump is denying the story again. I guess I still don't believe him. Does that make me a bad person? Or am I being reasonable because of his history of deny, deny, okay, I did it? I think the later.

Every story breaks somewhere first. The guy you keep defending thinks windturbines cause cancer, wants to buy another country, and has repeatedly demonstrated a fundamental lack of judgement or even understanding of how the world works. I lost track of how many times he claimed we were making money off his tariffs.

But this is where you decide to make a stand, this is not believable to you? Your only response to anything you don't like is "fake news!" Stop watching Fox News, get your tougne out of Trump's ass and look at the greater pattern of unhinged behavior he exhibits.

There is nothing for you to defend, he's a sack of barely-sentient narcissistic blubber that fancies himself a totalitarian strong man. You are trying to pick fleas off a rotting camel with this shit, frankly, it's embarrassing. "Okay, he wanted to bomb hurricanes, but he never said he wanted to use nuclear bombs specifically."

He still wants to bomb clouds in your best-case scenario!

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...funds-to-cover-immigration-idUSKCN1VH2F7?il=0

Trump administration taps disaster, cyber funds to cover immigration

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Trump administration is shifting $271 million earmarked for disaster aid and cyber security to pay for immigration-related facilities, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security and a leading congressional Democrat said on Tuesday.

The money, which was also set aside for the U.S. Coast Guard, will be used to pay for detention facilities and courts for migrants arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border. DHS officials say they have been overwhelmed by a surge of asylum-seeking migrants who are fleeing violence and poverty in Central America.

The Trump administration is seeking to circumvent Congress and move money originally designated for other programs. This will allow the administration to continue to house immigrants arriving at the border, part of President Donald Trump’s promise not to “catch and release” migrants and allow them to await hearings outside of custody.

The administration plans to take $115 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s disaster-relief fund just as hurricane season is heating up in the Atlantic Ocean, according to a letter from U.S. Representative Lucille Roybal-Allard, who chairs the congressional panel that oversees Department of Homeland Security (DHS) spending.

The letter also details that money will be taken for planned upgrades to the National Cybersecurity Protection System and new equipment for the U.S. Coast Guard, Roybal-Allard said.

The money is coming from the wrong place, but it's a good thing if it gets used for what they say they're going to use it for. Let's see in what kind of evil way they can screw this up.

Last edited:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ts-tweets-a9082316.html?utm_source=reddit.com

Trump lashes out at Fox News in extraordinary rant over critical coverage of him, calling for 'new outlet'

Donald Trump has lashed out at Fox News in a rant on Twitter, attacking the conservative news network for hiring a Democrat as a commentator, and urging his followers to find a "new News Outlet".

In a thread, Mr Trump claimed that Fox News was promoting Democrats, and said that Donna Brazile — a former Democratic National Committee chairwoman who is now a Fox contributor — had on Wednesday been "spewing out whatever she wanted with zero pushback by anchor" Sandra Smith.

Mr Trump then attacked other prominent figures at the channel, which is known for its conservative slant and has been heavily favoured by Mr Trump in the past, including Juan Williams, and Shep Smith.

"The new @FoxNews is letting millions of GREAT people down! We have to start looking for a new News Outlet," Mr Trump wrote. "Fox isn't working for us anymore!"

"They hired someone who isn't in my party, only news with the Donald Trump Seal of Approva® l is real news! It's propagantastic!"