The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Didn’t he get properly vetted a few times now seeing as how he was a federal judge and all?

If you call a restricted investigation a proper vetting... But in reality, no, not really.

That is what we were trying to get across during the hearings.

?‍♂️ I don’t wanna get hung up on Kavanaugh since this is a Trump thread and my point was more about media misreporting news than any specific person.

Since Trump appointed him, and restricted the investigation, it is Trump related.

Since Trump appointed him, and restricted the investigation, it is Trump related.
He was a judge for a long time before Trump and I would assume have been vetted more than a few times before getting the nomination.

But again the point I was making wasn't about the specific person involved but rather the NYT and CNN running provably false stories nearly back to back. Which is why I am saying that it is difficult to trust stories like you posted above.

The allegation is that the FBI ignored allegations from multiple women and peers about sexual misconduct.

But again the point I was making wasn't about the specific person involved but rather the NYT and CNN running provably false stories nearly back to back. Which is why I am saying that it is difficult to trust stories like you posted above.

Funny, the last article I possted had nothing to do with Kavanaugh. It was not from CNN, or the NYT. Even if it was, what sources are now credible? If we went by your standards of "they got a couple wrong", there would be no credible sources.

Funny, the last article I possted had nothing to do with Kavanaugh. It was not from CNN, or the NYT. Even if it was, what sources are now credible? If we went by your standards of "they got a couple wrong"
I didn’t respond directly to you, the poster after you did use NYT

It’s not that they got a couple wrong is that they willfully ran misleading if not outright false articles
no credible sources.
Now you getting it.

What are we supposed to do to get information about the government then?

@CraigB Twitter forces everyone to be honest...

@prizrak Considering that a major news outlet is juggling potentially hundreds of stories at a time means they will sometimes make mistakes. So until there is a clearly superior source, I will still consider those major outlets to be credible.

@prizrak Considering that a major news outlet is juggling potentially hundreds of stories at a time means they will sometimes make mistakes. So until there is a clearly superior source, I will still consider those major outlets to be credible.
If they were mistakes I would agree with you, but these two latest incidents were proven to have been purposeful.

This is also a general observation, but I have noticed how, at least on this forum, the more conservative members rarely post Fox News and the like (despite FN being a major outlet) as sources for news, because of their bias. While you will minimize the misleading news that CNN and NYT post and by your own words will continue using them as sources.

I would argue that the bias Fox has shown distorted the "news" so much that it was more of a tabloid than news.

What misleading articles are you talking about?

What misleading articles are you talking about?
CNN - spy being extracted from Russia because Trump mishandled sensitive info, refuted by the CIA.
NYT - running an article (that was taken from a book) on Kavanaugh allegedly doing something untoward at Yale, purposefully leaving out a key details like:
a) If it did happen he wasn't the one doing it but rather his friends pushed him into someone
b) the alleged victim wasn't interviewed by the author of the book that alleged the incident and her friends said she doesn't remember it ever happening.

Now to make it clear, I don't think that either outlet is trying to push some specific narrative, but I do think that they are trying to get clicks with deliberately misleading and sensational articles.

But don't take my word for it, here is Jon Stewart's interview with Larry King where he absolutely slams CNN nearly a decade ago.

Farmers are a bit more important than cars ;) The question is of course are we achieving what we want to achieve with this trade war, which I think we aren’t