The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Trump: "I'm being denied due process and representation."

Congress: "Cool, let's move forward to the part where you get representation."

Trump: "I'm not participating! I won't even send a lawyer to represent me."

Trump: "I'm being denied due process and representation."

Congress: "Cool, let's move forward to the part where you get representation."

Trump: "I'm not participating! I won't even send a lawyer to represent me."

Translation: I have enough Senators convinced to do my bidding, and I can still say the process is not legitimate.

Edit:
I meant reprentattives...

Last edited:

"Lazy asses should get a fourth job instead of sleeping at night. When I was a young man, we worked so much harder than these people...."

No one is asking people to get a 4th job. Single adults should be motivated to work, not given crutches.
So you work off the assumption these people are all just lazy asses who have a good time on the government's dime?

No one is asking people to get a 4th job. Single adults should be motivated to work, not given crutches.
You know what motivates people to work? A living wage.

Most the people hit by this rule change have jobs seasonally or on a contract-basis. They will typically work a job (like a harvest) for several months but need SNAP to get by to the next job that might be a month or two away. SNAP creates some food stability for unskilled workers who don't have job security or food security.

Single adults should be motivated to work, not given crutches.
The problem usually isn’t that people can’t find something useful to do, it’s that nobody is willing to pay them (let alone pay them fairly) for it.

Add the usual amount of arrogance towards the unemployed and a bit of neoclassical economics and this policy change is what you get.

-Those people need to work, very, or train just 20hrs a week to be eligible for benefits.
-The disabled are still eligible for benefits.
-Parents of dependent children are still eligible for benefits.
-The elderly are still eligible for benefits.
No shit, which is why I said "people hit by this rule change..." and then didn't talk about people with disabilities, people with dependents, or the elderly. :rolleyes:

Here, you dropped this:
OWWCoXe.jpg

-Those people need to work, volunteer, or train just 20hrs a week to be eligible for benefits.
-The disabled are still eligible for benefits.
-Parents of dependent children are still eligible for benefits.
-The elderly are still eligible for benefits.

And there are reasons why people in each of these categories may lose eligibility, as explained in this video.