The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-europe-50828179

Trump says Armenia massacres were not genocide, directly contradicting Congress

The Trump administration has said it does not consider the mass killings of Armenians in 1915 to be a genocide, contradicting a unanimous vote by the US Senate.

The historic vote last week incensed Turkey, which has always denied that the killings amounted to a genocide.

Turkey's foreign ministry on Friday summoned the US ambassador to express its anger over the vote, accusing the US of "politicising history".

Armenia says 1.5 million were killed in an effort to wipe out the ethnic group.

The killings took place in the waning days of the Ottoman Empire, the forerunner of modern-day Turkey.

"The position of the administration has not changed," said State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus in a statement on Tuesday. "Our views are reflected in the president's definitive statement on this issue from last April," she said.

In a statement last April on the anniversary of the killings, Mr Trump said the US paid tribute to the victims of "one of the worst mass atrocities of the 20th century", but he did not use the word genocide. Instead he encouraged Armenians and Turks to "acknowledge and reckon with their painful history".

More at the link.

I don't know what to tell ya - you're literally staring at what Trump said and claiming that he said something else; it's delusion. Do you think you drive a Bugatti too?
What can I say, logic is not your strength. You are choosing to look at something he claims that is also impossible.

"I'm talking about that group of triangles, but not the ones that have three sides." This is essentially what he said and you are choosing to believe that some of those triangles don't have three sides because he said so; all while ignoring the fact that they are triangles, everyone agrees they are triangles (at least those without Trump's balls in their mouth), and it's not possible for a this group made up entirely of closed three-sided shapes defined by three nonlinear points to be anything but triangles.

Never the less, you claim that some in that group of triangles are not triangles because Trump can't possibly be wrong in your eyes.

Last edited:
Now I have heard the best of the conspiracy theories.

Makes sense to me.

Well, he's impeached and now, only the third president in history; guess he finally did won a popular vote and managed to do something historic that Obama never did. The Senate will now become a GOP choriographed dance routine.

Buried under all the impeachment stuff today, a video came out of Trump praising Pelosi and wondering why she didn't go after Bush for lying to the American people.

The irony is thick today.

Last edited:

Trump was in Michigan last night and he showed what a classy guy he is.

I wonder if Nancy will find some way to keep the articles of impeachment from the Senate. If this goes to trial, that's bad news for the Democrats.

If what goes to trial?

I have been following this process for a few months now, and this is the first I have heard anything about Pelosi trying to keep the Articles of Impeachment from the Senate.

This is also not the first Impeachment process I have been able to see. So a are you referring to the Senate trial?

Is there any other trial I could possibly mean when we're discussing impeachment?

Where did the notion of Pelosi withholding the Articles of Impeachment come from? That is what threw me.

Read the news, dude. She's making demands with regards to the trial process in the Senate before releasing the articles. She's off her meds! The speaker of the HOUSE doesn't get to dictate how the SENATE conducts their hearings!

If she is off her meds for wanting an actual trial, what is McConnell for saying it is already done?

I am under no illusion that Trump will get removed, but when Graham and McConnell come out and openly say they have already made up their minds, and won't call any witnisses, they are presiding over a shame. Damn the country, damn the Constitution, the party is all that matters.

The Speaker of the House does, however, get to decide what gets sent to the Senate. Considering the Senate is supposed to act as the Jury and Moscow Mitch has publicly stated that he will work with the President's defense, and he has already taken a meeting with the White House to coordinate party efforts - I think it's perfectly reasonable for the lower chamber to withhold sending the articles of impeachment up to the Senate until a fair and impartial trial can be ensured.

This is what happens when you have a party that places loyalty to the party above loyalty to the country as a party platform.

McConnell has also refused to call witnesses that didn't appear for the House. The GOP is saying there isn't enough to impeach because witnesses didn't answer to the subpoenas, then they are saying they won't call those fact witnesses they are demanding testify, now the GOP is slinging rocks at the House for "not doing their homework" and openly defying their oath of office by shirking their Constitutionally mandated responsibility.

I mean, go no further. For the Clinton impeachment, 5 Democrats voted yes, 5 Republicans voted no.

This time around, absolutely no Republican voting Yes, and 2 Dems voting No.

This is deeply partisan, the country is divided like never before and I see the same shit happening in the UK.

The Speaker of the House does, however, get to decide what gets sent to the Senate. Considering the Senate is supposed to act as the Jury and Moscow Mitch has publicly stated that he will work with the President's defense, and he has already taken a meeting with the White House to coordinate party efforts - I think it's perfectly reasonable for the lower chamber to withhold sending the articles of impeachment up to the Senate until a fair and impartial trial can be ensured.

This is what happens when you have a party that places loyalty to the party above loyalty to the country as a party platform.

McConnell has also refused to call witnesses that didn't appear for the House. The GOP is saying there isn't enough to impeach because witnesses didn't answer to the subpoenas, then they are saying they won't call those fact witnesses they are demanding testify, now the GOP is slinging rocks at the House for "not doing their homework" and openly defying their oath of office by shirking their Constitutionally mandated responsibility.

If the trial takes place, and Graham makes up his mind prior to hearing anything as he has stated that he will, he'll also have gone beyond defying his oath of office and will have violated it at that point. At such time that this occurs, Graham should be given the opportunity to resign, or be removed from office. So many of these people call themselves patriots as they defile our long accepted norms and principles.