The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

For some reason people keep believing the fairy tale of tax cuts paying for themselves.

Donald Quixote is at it again.
“I never understood wind,” Trump said, according to Mediaite. “I know windmills very much, I have studied it better than anybody. I know it is very expensive. They are made in China and Germany mostly, very few made here, almost none, but they are manufactured, tremendous — if you are into this — tremendous fumes and gases are spewing into the atmosphere. You know we have a world, right?”

“A windmill will kill many bald eagles,” he said, according to Mediate. “After a certain number, they make you turn the windmill off, that is true. By the way, they make you turn it off. And yet, if you killed one, they put you in jail. That is OK. But why is it OK for windmills to destroy the bird population?”

That must be how windmills cause cancer...

Donald Quixote is at it again.
Yes, it's the stable genius at work again. As we all know, he knows words, the best words:

Alternatively, it was just another hamberder with a side order of covfefe.

Are we taking bets on how Trump will turn Christmas into another installment of shit-slinging political asshattery?

Last edited:

Not bad, but then there's this from his holiday call to military service members:

“Well, I’m in Home Alone 2, and a lot of people mention it every year, especially around Christmas,” Trump responded. “And it turned out to be a very big hit; obviously, it’s a big Christmas hit, one of the biggest, so it’s an honor to be involved in something like that. You always like to see success,” Trump continued.

Seems the love, uh, fest is over.

But her his emails!

https://news.yahoo.com/air-strike-kills-qassim-soleimani-015034625.html

Air strike kills Qassim Soleimani, head of Iran's elite Quds Force, and senior militia official at Baghdad airport

"The American and Israeli enemy is responsible for killing the mujahideen Abu Mahdi al-Muhandis and Qasem Soleimani," Ahmed al-Assadi, a spokesman for Iraq's Popular Mobilisation Forces umbrella grouping of Iran-backed militias, told Reuters.

State television reported Soleimani's death in a breaking news alert, citing sources from Iraq's Hashed al-Shaabi military force, which is dominated by Shiite-majority factions close to Tehran.

US officials said strikes had been carried out against two targets linked to Iran in Baghdad.

Three rockets hit Baghdad International Airport, killing five members of Iraqi paramilitary groups and two "guests", Iraqi paramilitary groups said on Friday.

The rockets landed near the air cargo terminal, burning two vehicles.

An official with the group known as the Popular Mobilization Forces, an Iran-backed paramilitary force, said the dead included its airport protocol officer, identifying him as Mohammed Reda.

The security official said the bodies of those killed in the airport attack Friday were burned and difficult to identify. The official added that Reda may have been at the airport to pick up a group of “high-level” visitors who had arrived from a neighboring country. He declined to provide more information.

The attack came amid tensions with the United States after a New Year’s Eve attack by Iran-backed militias on the US Embassy in Baghdad. The two-day embassy attack which ended Wednesday prompted President Donald Trump to order about 750 U.S. soldiers deployed to the Middle East.

The breach at the embassy followed U.S. airstrikes on Sunday that killed 25 fighters of the Iran-backed militia in Iraq, the Kataeb Hezbollah. The US military said the strikes were in retaliation for last week’s killing of an American contractor in a rocket attack on an Iraqi military base that the U.S. blamed on the militia.

US officials have suggested they were prepared to engage in further retaliatory attacks in Iraq.

“The game has changed,” Defence Secretary Mark Esper said on Thursday, telling reporters that violent acts by Iran-backed Shiite militias in Iraq - including the rocket attack on Dec. 27 that killed one American - will be met with US military force.

He said the Iraqi government has fallen short of its obligation to defend its American partner in the attack on the US embassy.

The developments also represent a major downturn in Iraq-U.S. relations that could further undermine U.S. influence in the region and American troops in Iraq and weaken Washington’s hand in its pressure campaign against Iran.

Edit:

More back story.

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2013/09/30/the-shadow-commander

The Shadow Commander

Last edited: