The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

@LeVeL You have a very selective memory. Maybe you forgot the time we overthrew the democratically elected moderate leader of Iran and installed an Islamic dictator, or the time we shot down an Iranian airliner in Iranian airspace killing 290 people (including 66 children) and then refused to apologise. Going to a wider scope, we invaded Iraq on the lie of WMDs and a connection to 9/11, resulting in the deaths of civilians conservatively estimated at nearly a quarter million.

As for us not imprisoning people, I guess you forgot about the child concentration camps, where kids are separated from their parents and prisoners are denied medical treatment.

Yeah, we don't do it the same as Iran, we just do it differently. I get that you love the US, but we haven't been the "good guy" in a very, very long time. At best, we are the anti-hero who occasionally does a good thing when it serves our interests.

Last edited:
All I'll point out about our invasion of Iraq is that at the time every intelligence agency we have said that Saddam had WMDs.

They lied, or you have been lied to by someone. I personally remember ElBaradei stating that Iraq was not hiding any WMDs from the inspectors: it was March 2003 and I was driving around as the interview was being broadcasted by the radio.

If you do not believe me, believe ElBaradei himself, and the UN Weapons Inspectors from March 2003:

"The Director-General of the IAEA, Mr. ElBaradei, reported that, after three months of intrusive inspections, the Agency had found no evidence or plausible indication of the revival of a nuclear weapons programme in Iraq. "

Full text here.

You've been lied to, by your Governmental Agencies, or your Government, or your then-President, or your beloved and trusted Media, or by some combination of the above.

After almost 17 years, after Blair openly admitted to have lied to the World together with Bush, after nothing has been found in any Iraqi secret bases, it is time to accept reality, to accept that you've being deceited by those who you blindly trusted and still trust.

And by the way, since you seem to find the thing important in other contexts, the then-President was Republican.

I'm well aware of the mess that our Democrat president created in Iran 50 years ago. That's not an excuse for Iran to attack our embassy in a third party country in 2020. I'm also not going to get into an argument about the causes of the airliner being shot down - suffice it to say that was a very unfortunate tragedy. All I'll point out about our invasion of Iraq is that at the time every intelligence agency we have said that Saddam had WMDs.

And we don't have child concentration camps, for fuck's sake. What an idiotic narrative from the open borders morons.

You need a history lesson. Well, several, but this is a start.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/31/690363402/how-the-cia-overthrew-irans-democracy-in-four-days

How The CIA Overthrew Iran's Democracy In 4 Days

I'm well aware of the mess that our Democrat president created in Iran 50 years ago. That's not an excuse for Iran to attack our embassy in a third party country in 2020. I'm also not going to get into an argument about the causes of the airliner being shot down - suffice it to say that was a very unfortunate tragedy. All I'll point out about our invasion of Iraq is that at the time every intelligence agency we have said that Saddam had WMDs.

And we don't have child concentration camps, for fuck's sake. What an idiotic narrative from the open borders morons.

You are believing the administration that has lied more than any in history about intelligence they will not release. The downing of the airliner was a tragedy, for which we did not even apologize. When questioned about it, Bush refused.

No, absolutely not. We did not have intelligence that Saddam had WMDs, we were told we had intelligence that he had WMDs - which was a lie. The entire Iraq war was based on a lie, and it is considered one of the greatest intelligence and policy failures in US history. Today, the same people who lied about Iraq are being trotted out on Fox News to lie about Iran.

Yes, we do have concentration camps, they meet the definition of a concentration camp, we have video and photos of the inhumane conditions, doctors and medical staff offering free services are being turned away and the administrators of the facilities are not providing medical care. I don't care what you call them, they are concentration camps and history will remember them as such.

In other news...

Why not disclose a meeting? This is shady to say the least.

This is so sad; Trump is now running hundreds of Facebook ads praising himself for murdering Soleimani.

Last edited:
Breaking news: Iran has fired missiles attacking US bases in Iraq.

https://www.npr.org/2020/01/07/794388410/military-base-housing-u-s-troops-in-iraq-has-been-attacked

Military Base Housing U.S. Troops In Iraq Has Been Attacked

A military base housing U.S. troops has been targeted by rocket attacks late on Tuesday, Iran's state-run PressTV reported.

"Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has targeted the US airbase of Ain al-Assad in Anbar province in western Iraq after vowing to retaliate the US assassination of top Iranian anti-terror commander, Lt. Gen. Qassem Soleimani," the network said.

There is no information on damage or casualties, according to Reuters.

The White House says it is aware of the alleged attacks on U.S. facilities in Iraq.

"The President has been briefed and is monitoring the situation closely and consulting with his national security team," White House Press Secretary Stephanie Grisham said in a statement.

This is a developing story. Some things reported by the media will later turn out to be wrong. We will focus on reports from officials and other authorities, credible news outlets and reporters who are at the scene. We will update as the situation develops.

FAA issues emergency alert for Middle East airspace, cites "potential for miscalculation or misidentification."

https://wkow.com/2020/01/07/faa-iss...ial-for-miscalculation-or-mis-identification/

Look at all this stability as a result of Trump's actions.

Pence and other top officials leave the White House
https://www.cnn.com/middleeast/live...l-01-07-20/h_5555954799781a2ca47d3802012d5c8b

Security increased around the White House.

https://edition.cnn.com/middleeast/...l-01-07-20/h_68e752c60aacdfdb6a09c260f386538c

This is essentially moving to a war footing to ensure continuity of government should Trump be assassinated.

Last edited:
Seems like extreme moves if the country is supposed to be safer.

Anyway, here is an interesting read that explains the can of worms that was opened and where it could lead.

Last edited:
TLDR: putting the US on the same terrorism plane as Iran is ignorant, immoral, and intellectually dishonest.
It's providing an external perspective. And, for the record, I'm not putting the US on the same plane, but on a similar one. As @Blind_Io says, the US just do it differently.

Since you brought up how the US saved the world, I assume you mean WW2, and just about everyone in the world* is thankful for that. But that was over 75 years ago. It was also just about the last time the US can proudly call themselves the good guys, and, to get a little formal, WW2 was a declared war.
The US and Iran are, as of now, not formally at war, yet both commit acts of war against each other. And frankly, the other guy doing it is not an excuse - it brings you down on their level and that costs you the support of the rest of the world. Also the question of who first committed an act of war, or any unfriendly action of a chosen severity, is not helping, because one would have to go back about 50 years to get to the start of that cycle of revenge.

Your precious president openly plans to commit war crimes even (I hope the professionals in the US military will avert that from actually happening). He pardons US soldiers who have been convicted of war crimes, after their own comrades reported them! He is, by all accounts, no better than the Irani leadership.

*except actual Nazis ;)

This is a Republican Senator bashing the military briefing he received.

Well, Trump backed off from escalating with Iran, I guess the proxy war has been postponed.

Last edited: