The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Our humble president.

That last one is funny, do people not remember Kent State?

What a train wreck!

I'm skeptical about whether he has a spine or not. I'm sure the GOP knew how many people could safely break ranks for them to get their desired result. If they decided to whip his vote, they probably would be able to without much trouble. Trump was bribing senators with campaign funds and punishing those who broke ranks by withholding access to GOP National Committee funds. Hey, that sounds kind of familiar, doesn't it?
Well, you can certainly say that, but I think it's a little bit unfair to him. Despite his crossing of the party line being without any consequence for the president, he will pay a big price for it in the long run. All of the trumpanzees in the GOP will make sure of that, and they will knife him in the back, first opportunity, they will make an example of him. If someone has ever hurt his feelings, Trump and his minions do not forget.

In other news:

Sounds like of like the idea some-dude-you-probably-heard-of had for Germania.
Ah, this is one of my pet hates. I believe we should build in the contemporary style rather than knocking off old buildings and building styles from the past. To me it's just fake. What you end up with just looks like a Chinese copy of a centuries old building. But, this is really just to please the everything-was-better-in-the-old-days-crowd.

What a train wreck!

The level of sour grapes and self pity on display there is unprecedented.

A "faith adviser"? Just when I thought I've seen everything...

Oh yeah, it’s been a thing for a very long time.

Query, would someone explain to me why senate and house can have mismatching amount of representatives from each party? I would think it would be clear to anyone that votes on anything would become heavily biased.

A "faith adviser"? Just when I thought I've seen everything...

The prayer breakfast is run by a cult that fetishizes power by comparing Jesus to “Lenin, Hitler, Ho Chi Minh, Bin Laden” as examples of leaders who change the world through the strength of the covenants they had forged with their “brothers”

Paula White is a televangelist loon who well...

Query, would someone explain to me why senate and house can have mismatching amount of representatives from each party? I would think it would be clear to anyone that votes on anything would become heavily biased.

Could you rephrase the question?

Could you rephrase the question?

When the house and senate have a higher amount of say democrats, of course decisions will be made focusing on that party’s intentions. I don’t want the majority of either major party to have a larger voice than the other. So why is this allowed to happen with the amount of representatives?

So why is this allowed to happen with the amount of representatives?

The number of house of representatives seats is statutory. What do you mean by allowed to happen? That people vote for one of two parties? I still don't get it.

When the house and senate have a higher amount of say democrats, of course decisions will be made focusing on that party’s intentions. I don’t want the majority of either major party to have a larger voice than the other.
There are two independent senators which caucus with Democrats. You would need a third party to build an infrastructure across the country. That party would then either need to sweep a Senate cycle and win 33 seats in one election or build over six years and those senators would have to caucus together only but switch parties to maintain a deadlock that the Vice President would break effectively making it an organ of the Presidents party.

In the House they vote on a speaker so you couldn't have a deadlock in that body other than specific legislation.

I guess I'm not sure if you're looking for a dysfunctional government or a coalition government which in our system would be implausible by construction

I’m looking for an impartial set up instead of a majority party in office.

I’m looking for an impartial set up instead of a majority party in office.

Well start working on a dimensional gate because that's not our reality. Political parties are a natural outcropping of people self sorting. You would have an easier time changing the policy of a party than changing the entire political system.

FRIDAY NIGHT EXECUTIONS!

The President has authorized the Department of Justice and Bureau of Prisons to publicly execute enemies of the state....

Sorry that's in a few months he only fired that dirty purple heart winning colonel Vindman and his brother and Sondland. Making good on his promises of retribution which only illustrates Sen. Collins of Maine is a naive whore.

I was reading some of the defensive tweets but look at the straw comment just before

Screenshot_20200207-201926.png

Do Republicans have a drinking problem? I mean like a physical inability to place their lips to a glass or paper and drink? What's the deal with plastic staws? I mean I know they harm the environment and are made of oil but... WTF

It is not with drinking, it is with anything they see as environmental friendly.