Ownership Verified: The turbocharged rear wheel drive Swedish luxury sedan!

you get the B230FT powered 960 Turbo in Europe in general, the 2.0 turbo i've never even heard of before.

Though i know Italy get some special models for some reason, i want a italian 240 parts car... :p
and i know there was actually a 5cyl 240 diesel in italy...
We had that 5cyl engine in the 240, but we also had the 240 with a 2-litre engine. We never got the B23 in the 960, only the 940. Read my previous post.

On a slightly related note, I like the 6-cylinder diesel as agricultural as it is. It's a diesel and not ashamed for it.

Wonder how many they sold towards the end of the 900 series when everyone else was doing modern TDIs, including Volvo in the FWD cars.

Its time to upgrade the sound system in the Vo, any suggestions?

Looks go above quality, I don't need an audiophiles experience, but good sound from a discreet stereo that doesn't look like a discotheque..

IMG_1233_zpsd7067c02.jpg

Adrian mentioned the 1016 BT had better sound quality.

Oddly enough the 1016 BT is also listed again on Kienzle's product page along with the new range. I guess it's still in production for now. :dunno:

I noticed the old model is also available as an "Axion", without the Kienzle K logo.

Apparently Continental sells stereos under their own brand now. One of our suppliers used to sell a lineup of pleasantly bullshit-free car stereos called VDO Dayton, but in the last brochure they sent out they all had Continental badges on them. There's no info to be had anywhere on continental's web site as far as I can see. The only thing I found was that, apparently, the VW RNS510 is made by them. :blink:

Wow! Never heard of Kienzle before!

They look great, I don't need bluetooth, is there any other reason to get the 1016 over the 1014? Is the sound quality that much better?

I also need new speakers, any recommendations there? I'm gonna take out the old ones to get the measurements this week.

Could have been much, much worse! Just a shame about the blue ring, which I suppose is backlit?

I was about to make a post about it still being alive. I deleted it mumbling to myself "as if you can kill an old volvo..." :D

Dammit, now you are making me want to browse the listings for old Volvos.

I had one, once upon a time; a 1976 245.