The Ultimate macOS Thread

Yes, I did that in my G5 tower. Time Machine doesn't require that the volume it uses be external; it just has to be a separate drive mechanism than the source drive.

Hm. It should work, but the Mac would have to auto-mount the server volume.

yes, unfortunately if I get a non-crap one the cable goes out.

Not true. Just did that for a client of mine, replaced the Craptiontec with a Westel and converted him from MOCA to Ethernet in. This let us do VPN (it won't do it properly otherwise) and retained all TV and phone features.

I discovered they make wine for mac

I also discovered that it is too confusing for me because they don't have good mac instructions and the linux ones don't work.

I discovered they make wine for mac

I also discovered that it is too confusing for me because they don't have good mac instructions and the linux ones don't work.

Let's put it this way: If you think the instructions are bad, you should not use it. Wine/OS X is still very beta and definitely a software for people who have an at least half-decent Unix background in it's current development state.

:(
It ALMOST works though and that pisses me off. The file creates in wine bottler and it opens itself but it never saves.

That's the catch :-/

It's been a while since I followed the wine activity on Mac OS X, is it Darwine that you tried or is it an official wine port?

darwine only does really simple shit, like I can't even use mspaint.
I tried crossover for fun, it is basically exactly wine with a different name slapped on (some of the files SERIOUSLY still say wine on the and it still has bottles)
It also like wine, starts to work then fails to install crap, so fuck that bullshit.