The vintage, retro, and generally old video/computer games thread

There are people/places that will replaces save batteries, in case you didn't know.

Oh I can and have done it myself. Some delicious lead-based solder and the new ones go right in. The issue is it's typical to lose the save file in the process as you have to remove the battery keeping the save file there to do it. There are some methods floating around to help prevent that, but they don't always work.

The vintage, retro, and generally old video/computer games thread

Best Buy yesterday announced at 1230 PST they had more SNES classics to go for sale (online only) for 1 pm. Sold out again in 40 seconds. Many people complained again about having it in their carts only for their orders to still be denied, but because Best Buy online and Visa have this unusual relationship (?Verified by Visa? is an extra step you have to go through), it appears that those who did successfully complete the order did so with Mastercard.

I?m so glad I got mine, and not from Best Buy, either. In fact, the experience I had buying mine was frankly just as satisfying as the actual purchase itself. I should probably write this down somewhere....

Last edited: