The Weather Thread

Penguins inhabiting apartment. I believe my sink has become an ice shelf. Frostbite prevalent.

Send help.

This afternoon, I spent twenty minutes on the balcony, taking care of my roses... in flipflops. Then, another 30 minutes out there cleaning the floor of the balcony - barefoot. Because that's what you do at the end of January, isn't it? :|

It's warmer in Fairbanks, Alaska than it is here.

Uh oh, looks like I have some cold weather coming this way.

wthr.jpg

I better unpack my winter long sleeve shirt. :p

Found this little gem online.
482536_10152191789484556_717019690_n.png

I vividly remember the winter of 77-78. I had drifts that were taller than me (I was 8) between the houses.

I remember it, too. Best memory was after the local shopping center was plowed, they pushed all the snow to two gigantic piles. The piles then got dissected with interconnecting tunnels and chambers. They were like giant ant colonies. Of course, my mother freaked out and told us we couldn't play on them, lest they collapse. Buzz kill.

Last edited:
The weather around here? Let me put it this way, the snow bank on my yard got so high that adding any snow on top kept resulting in small avalanches. It is way taller than myself; I had to hurl the snow upwards as hard as I could to get it over the top. My neighbor was kind enough to let me put part of the snow of his yard.

"small"? :p

It's cold. About 15F. At least the sun is out. The snow pile at the end of the driveway is about one Patriot in height.