The Weather Thread

We experienced some funnel clouds near my house in Northern California a couple of days ago. We never see that kind of thing here, which is why it was kind of a big deal.

I took some video.

Last edited:
Reactions: lip
Let's just bump this up, shall we :D

So, how about that weather? :p

Last week we had around 15 degrees for a few days, it was actually cold, then is started to heat up, and fast. We're expecting some 27 and sunny today, and for the next week, mor of the same, and even hotter, 29-31 and not a cloud in sight.
I mean, I like warm weather but that's too much too early. it's like, late June, mid July weather. Well, it's been erratic for tha past few years anyway, you can't expect anything normal these days.

It was a bit chilly.
2dY5aJ3.jpg

-22c felt rather warm after -30 and wind straight to my face.

Last edited:
Did the travel bans mean just no cars & trucks or were bicycles and skis included too?

No non-emergency vehicles allowed on the roads. If you wanted to walk or ski; that was fine. And if you can figure out how to ride a bicycle through 2 feet of snow: 1) that's amazing. 2) stay off the road, because massive trucks with plows will destroy you.

That makes sense and is what I thought it probably meant, thanks.

The BBC just called it a "travel ban" on the TV and not a private car & truck, ban except emergency vehicles.

This looks pretty bad for the eastern US & Canada:

#snowmageddon2016 Pictures - BBC Weather

Blizzard blankets eastern seaboard of US in deep snow- BBC News

Are all FG members and family/friends OK around there? :?

Travel bans in Washingto DC, New York City and Baltimore are now being lifted, but the clearup will last days.

Did the travel bans mean just no cars & trucks or were bicycles and skis included too?

(If this happened in London, the fuckup would last until August. :lol:)

Yeah we got quite pwnt, just basically stayed home all day. Roads are cleared already the snowbanks will make it a bitch to park then again all of the days of the week are supposed to be above freezing.

Found these 2 timelapses of Snowzilla on reddit.

Yeah we got quite pwnt, just basically stayed home all day. Roads are cleared already the snowbanks will make it a bitch to park then again all of the days of the week are supposed to be above freezing.

Good man! Glad you are OK, the resilience of New Yorkers. :smile:

nugget and equiraptor live in Houston - hope they are OK as I know they had some flooding a couple of years ago.

Thankfully where we are northwest of Houston in Tomball we are fine, the creek behind the neighborhood merged with the other end of our street Sunday night. Amazingly not a single house in our neighborhood flooded. The rain has been light to moderate intensity for the last 24 hours straight.

Rainfall totals since Friday are almost 30" with 18.2" of that coming on Sunday. Downtown is where it normally floods, a few creeks up north are also flooded and have I45 shut down north and south at various points.

They are now letting water out of the damns and levees which is only going to make things worse for some people.

It is going to take months to get all the water out and for some people to get back to their houses.

Good to hear you're safe.