The What-Did-You-Get-For-Christmas-2008 Thread

^ Why would you buy yourself a gift card? :lmao:

This arrived on the 23rd.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2008/12/25/Tori2.jpg

She's an 8 week old purebred Maltese. She's not mine though, she's for my mom. And here is what she looked like just a few weeks ago.

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2008/12/25/Tori1.jpg

^ That's cute! But she belongs in the New Toys Thread. :p

^ That's cute! But she belongs in the New Toys Thread. :p

No, this belongs in the new toys thread. :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/p/pu/punisherbass/2008/12/25/SchecterBass1.jpg

DA4310-BUILD-YOUR-OWN-HAYNES-ENGINE.jpg

It took a good couple of hours to build and I'm going to have to take it apart again because I haven't got the cam belt tension right and its slipping. Also I haven't filed down the valve stems and cams enough so the valves aren't perfect. I'll take some proper pictures when I'm doing it so you can see inside.

^ Why would you buy yourself a gift card? :lmao:

Holy shit, I worded that wrong! Must be all the Christmas "punch" I've drank today. :lol:

I never actually paid any money for the gift card. I participate in a survey-taking website where they give you points per survey. Once I got to a really decent amount, I exchanged the points for the gift card...for free.

Basically, a couple hours' worth of surveys = fifteen bucks I can blow at Amazon. Makes more sense then spending fifteen bucks to get fifteen bucks.

6.5qt Enameled cast iron dutch oven
New Pillow
Mag Lite
bunch of candies

I got such a sweet gift (yes I'm weird) A Hi-lift Jack and a shovel!

hi-lift-jacks.jpg

I got a Fry's card for $100, COD:WaW, some shirts, a tie, a hat, a coffee maker and "Le Mans" with Steve McQueen.

- Nice Warm Vest
- Microfiber Turtleneck
- Good Gloves
- Good Winter Hat
- Shopping in pocket bag
- Chocolate
- A bunch of music stuff
- A facts book (Top 10 of Everything 2008) the usual book you can read in about 20 minutes, but look back on later
- A tea strainer

- 500 GB External Western Digital

and.....

Wall-E, My Favorite movie of 2008

wall-e-bluray.jpg

^^ One of my nephews got Wall-E as a prezzie, and most of us decided to watch it. God, what a fantastic film. PIXAR movies FTW.

I have to laugh at the fact that three separate family members were given Step-Brothers on DVD. I guess if I ever get the urge to watch it, the odds of finding a copy won't be that high.

ok, I got multiple items of cozy fleece, that new spyro game, wall-e, a blutooth headset for my phone and underwear :lol:
The cozy coats were actually my favorite, I must be getting old.

Oh awesome, I got nothing other than a christmas card from a close friend :(

Cheers to all those who don't celebrate x'mas! :D

I'm only really late in posting this.

Carcassonne
some Catan and Carcassone expansions (lol board game expansion packs, awesome)
guitar wall hanger mount thing
new guitar cable and strap
GRiD (I'm a pro drifter now, dawg! vrrrrr-screeeeeee-crash)
Logitech G5 mouse
a The Onion book
$25 best buy gift card
soundtrack shirt (massive rofl)
bitchin lumberjack jacket
other clothes
chocolate/candy

I'm a fan of the triple diamonds, so my mom bought me an Evo for christmas. It's a little hot wheels model. I had good laugh.

edit: and the shiny new 50" Panasonic Vierra we bought a month ago is sort of a christmas present from my family to ourselves.

Last edited:
All the cool stuff I acquired this week...I bought myself, mostly. :p

(re)drive portable hard drive (they are clearancing them out from Office Depot). I inquired about the price, as there was no shelf tag. The manager looked at the price, saw it was being cleared out and said "I'll give it to you for $69." Not bad for a 500GB drive that looks...sorta cool.
0729fabrik.jpg

Threadless t-shirt. I've been waiting for this one to be reprinted for a while:
104337.gif

(woman pictured is merely a serving suggestion)

iRiver i100. My phone's mp3-out/charging jack is starting to go. I don't want to buy a new phone, so I bought this player so I don't have to plug in the special audio cable every day at work, and charge my phone every night. I used to have an iRiver H10 that worked great until the hard drive got damaged in a fall.
0082156600477_215X215.jpg

Leatherpleatherbound, guilded page edges, ribbon book-mark.
41DN05VRSZL._SS500_.jpg

I love this show, so I bought the book. Pretty decent construction...thick pages in a binder (so it can lay flat). Lots of the dishes sounded really good...
0936184876.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Last edited:
And the oddest present 2008 award goes to. ....

cdbob for receiving a Tea Strainer. ... Go live on the edge young Bob.