The "Which shows do YOU consider ALMOST as awesome as Top Gear?" Thread

It's sounding like I need to look into QI. It's coming up on this thread probably more than anything else.

It's generally good. I just dislike some of the regular guests they have. Phil Jupitus and Sean Lock for instance aren't very funny nor do they really contribute to anything on the show.

It's generally good. I just dislike some of the regular guests they have. Phil Jupitus and Sean Lock for instance aren't very funny nor do they really contribute to anything on the show.

About Sean I'm inclined to agree, but Phil is hilarious. Just take a look at Series 6 Episode 7, the bit with the pencil had me in tears.

QI - Greatly funny
Mock The Week - Also greatly funny
Ashes to Ashes - I still prefer Life On Mars
Doctor Who - Was excellent while it lasted. :(
Family Guy - Guilty, I like it.
Time Team - Inspired me to do GCSE Archaeology!
All James May's shows - I just like them!
Poirot - Always being repeated, I love it.
Goodnight Sweetheart - Same as above
Blackadder, Haven't seen it on TV for ages :(
Have I Got News For You - All this great British comedy gold!
Who's Line is it Anyway? - Thanks Dave!
And a couple of Anime (waits for flames):
Death Note
I too like Death Note, although I've never seen it on TV...

yeah I know half my programs aren't really current and are just repeats. What can I say though? I'm out of date!:D

What about you guys?

Mythbusters, Deadliest Catch, House, Bones and 24 just to name a few.
I agree with you guys about the Discovery Channel, it is changing from the "JunkYard War" days. The original British version of that show was great.
When the US version came out it really blew chunks. That's also why I had my doubts about the US version of Top Gear.

Every American version of an English show is crap tbh.

Not necessarily, The Office is a huge hit for example. But anytime you try to copy a show from someone else it loses something in translation.

About Sean I'm inclined to agree, but Phil is hilarious. Just take a look at Series 6 Episode 7, the bit with the pencil had me in tears.

Me too, Sean seems to mostly diss other guests, but Phil is cool.
John Sessions is amazing, andof course there's Jezza. Reckon James would be brilliant on it too ( in my unbiased opinion!)

Me too, Sean seems to mostly diss other guests, but Phil is cool.
John Sessions is amazing, andof course there's Jezza. Reckon James would be brilliant on it too ( in my unbiased opinion!)

I would KILL to see James on there. Him bantering with Stephen would be one for the ages.

David Mitchell and Jimmy Carr are two of my other favorites. Although I'm biased about Jimmy because he's one of my favorite stand-up comedians.

Although I'm biased about Jimmy because he's one of my favorite stand-up comedians.

Jimmy is the best ever. I have a T-shirt that says "PUT SMARTIES TUBES ON A CATS LEGS MAKE IT WALK LIKE A ROBOT." I am a walking screencap. :)

Okay, I'm going out on the ledge...sure I'll get pushed off. I'm not going to repeat some of the others listed multiple times (Deadliest Catch, Mythbusters..)

Rescue Me
30 Rock
The Universe (although series 3 was pretty damn weak)
Robot Chicken (not all home runs)
The Soup (see above)

From the top of my head:

Any James May shows
QI
Mock the week (my favourite is Russell Howard)
HIGNFY (or the extended one which is quite funny)
24 (i'm still a believer)
The Gruen Transfer
The Glass House (the only domestic show that is show to HIGNFY/Mock the week, but it's long gone now :sad:)

Jimmy is the best ever. I have a T-shirt that says "PUT SMARTIES TUBES ON A CATS LEGS MAKE IT WALK LIKE A ROBOT." I am a walking screencap. :)

All this talk about QI makes the wait until Series G that much more difficult.

Another Ashes to Ashes viewer here. LOVE. The wait for the third (and final) series is...ack.

(I've also acquired Life on Mars, have watched the first two eps, but just can't seem to keep watching.)

In other news: I've so gotta get hold of some QI.

All this talk about QI makes the wait until Series G that much more difficult.

Console yourself with the thought that the show is limitless. After all, Stephen's already said after Z they'll start on numbers. :thumbsup:

Console yourself with the thought that the show is limitless. After all, Stephen's already said after Z they'll start on numbers. :thumbsup:

Abumgang. :D