The "Which shows do YOU consider ALMOST as awesome as Top Gear?" Thread

:+1: Reckon Hugh Laurie would be a good one. He's a petrolhead on the quiet and rides bikes too so plenty of chances for Jezza to take the piss.
Right, I want a rep from you Mr, i suggested Hugh DAYS ago on "which guests you'd like to see"" thread ;)

Reactions: MWF
Mock The Week (just started up this week, with Frankie Boyle & company in blistering form on the topic of Michael Jackson and Wimbledon)
That Mitchell and Webb Look

Agreed, Mock the Week is one of my favourites, along with Comedy Roadshow. Live at the Apollo. Glad to see one of my favourite new Comics (Jon Richardson) was on this week, hopefully coming to Mock the Week soon.

Also,

Monster Garage

American Chopper (it's getting a bit soap opera-ish, but its good) anyone any idea when the next episode is on?

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think JMS had his heart and soul in Crusade in the same way he did with B5. It clearly had potential but it wasn't his very reason for breathing. He was writing the arc for B5 for years, maybe even decades, before filming. I was SO surprised that Crusade ever went into filming at all. He had been so adament that 5 years was IT, period, full stop, end of story that Crusade felt like a favor he'd done for the fans as opposed to something he had to write. It always had potential and I would have thoroughly enjoyed it, but it would never have been the same. He was, after all, famous for loving the dangling plot line. There was something powerful about unresolved endings.

That said, I wonder what JMS is up to these days. Probably trolling around the internet as usual. It's been a long time; I hope we hear from him again soon.

The hollowmen

Don't know if it would appeal to anyone outside of AU though

I really really liked Babylon 5. One of my fav shows to watch "back in the day" I might Netflix a few seasons.

The show did jump the shark for my tastes a few season in tho....dont remember which season exactly.

I really really liked Babylon 5. One of my fav shows to watch "back in the day" I might Netflix a few seasons.

The show did jump the shark for my tastes a few season in tho....dont remember which season exactly.

That would most likely have been the end of season 4 when Sheridan got a little nutty and ran off to be president of the new Alliance. It got a bit funky then.

That would most likely have been the end of season 4 when Sheridan got a little nutty and ran off to be president of the new Alliance. It got a bit funky then.

Yes and the alien chick was half alien half human or something like that....stopped watching at that point

As much as I hate to say it, I don't think JMS had his heart and soul in Crusade in the same way he did with B5. It clearly had potential but it wasn't his very reason for breathing. He was writing the arc for B5 for years, maybe even decades, before filming. I was SO surprised that Crusade ever went into filming at all. He had been so adament that 5 years was IT, period, full stop, end of story that Crusade felt like a favor he'd done for the fans as opposed to something he had to write. It always had potential and I would have thoroughly enjoyed it, but it would never have been the same. He was, after all, famous for loving the dangling plot line. There was something powerful about unresolved endings.

That said, I wonder what JMS is up to these days. Probably trolling around the internet as usual. It's been a long time; I hope we hear from him again soon.

He wrote Changeling:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0824747/

"J. Michael Straczynski first learned of the story of Christine Collins from an unnamed source at Los Angeles City Hall. The source had stumbled across case files regarding the Wineville Chicken Coop Murders among other discarded documents scheduled for destruction. Straczynski took the files himself and became obsessed with the case, doing extensive research over the course of a year. Virtually every event depicted in the film appears as cited in legal documents, with dialog often taken verbatim from court transcripts. Straczynski wrote his first draft of the screenplay in only eleven days."

I do recall a more in-depth interview as to how he discovered the true story behind this movie but I can't find a link at the moment.

I really liked Crusade. He said he dropped the project because TNT won't stop
interfering with the development of the characters and story. They wanted more sex and violence.

Last edited:
I used to like Mythbusters until they started using those three idiots for almost the entire show. Just bring back a full hour of Adam and Jamie. Maybe bring Grant in for a segment. The other two are completely useless to me.

How i met your mother

The big bang theory

NCIS

House.... (i know i know...)

Last i heard he was still writing comic books. He wrote the controversial One More Day storyline in Spider-Man last year (which removed Mary Jane and Peter Parker's marriage from canon and erasing 20 odd years of comic book continuity). He was also writing Thor last i heard as well. Don't know what he's been doing recently though.

I used to like Mythbusters until they started using those three idiots for almost the entire show. Just bring back a full hour of Adam and Jamie. Maybe bring Grant in for a segment. The other two are completely useless to me.

Surely Kari/ Carie or whatever she's called is there just as a bit of eye candy?

It's a good show though

How I met your mother is brilliant, cannot wait for the 5th series

Dr Who and Cowboy Bebop

After that, it's pretty much forgettable. There have been very good episodes of some series (DS9, B5, Firefly, et al...) but they're few and far between.

QI
Mock The Week
Never mind the buzzcocks
Dr.Who / Torchwood
IT Crowd
Anything James May is presenting

And some "Not currently running" :

Whose line is it anyway (both UK and US versions)
Buffy
Stargate SG:1
Babylon 5

I like besides top gear:
Futurama (love it)
House (currently in the middle of season 1)
Lost
DS9 and TNG (did not watch all episodes)
The Ultimate Fighter (reallity show)
fifth gear
Der Checker (german used car show on dmax)
overhaulin'
Long way round/down/by any means

uhm thats it for now...

What do you mean "i know i know"??

House is the best show on TV these days. Other than TG o/c.

True dat!
Except season 5's only on bastard Sky here & i don't have it & the boxset aint out til Nov.
Worst thing is my Landlord's watching it for the 1st time this season, only because i've raved about it for 3 years, but i'm "not allowed" in their lounge to watch! :cry:

True dat!
Except season 5's only on bastard Sky here & i don't have it & the boxset aint out til Nov.
Worst thing is my Landlord's watching it for the 1st time this season, only because i've raved about it for 3 years, but i'm "not allowed" in their lounge to watch! :cry:

I got fed up with ch5 kept pushing house back then giving up the rights.
So i got it though means which i think house would approve of:mrgreen:
I think this series has the best final of the lot.

I got fed up with ch5 kept pushing house back then giving up the rights.
So i got it though means which i think house would approve of:mrgreen:
I think this series has the best final of the lot.

Please explain? (PM if you like!)