The "Who have CHM Offended This Week" Thread

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Well there will always be arseholes trying to bring them down but in this case I think they misjudged the situation.

I'm not getting all bleeding heart liberal but cheap gay jibes like that are beneath people of their wit and intelligence.

That pointless joke, and Jeremy recent Christmas wish to everyone but people from Tierra Del Fuego makes me think they are just desperate for publicity, and are basically trolling.

Not a big deal. People need to grow a thicker skin. While I thought the comment was dumb I'm not going to get all bent out of shape about it. I guess these complaining people have nothing better to do in their lives. They don't like it, don't watch. Problem solved.

I'm sorry but a pack of outraged Twitter hashtag warriors getting upset over something is not news. Finding something to get outraged over and then venting their spleen is their raison d'?tre. Freaking out on Twitter is the grouchy tutting of the age and about as fucking meaningless. I don't remember anyone losing their shit back when Clarkson made the joke that all motorcyclists were homosexuals.

Recreational outrage is the left's chief trait.

Along with ecomentalism and terrorist-hugging... that lot is best left ignored since whiping them out is illegal for some reason...

Outrage aside, I think we can all agree that the joke was not funny and had zero relevance to the show.

I'm not going to stop watching a show because I found a joke offensive, but I will stop watching a show that begins to grasp at straws by including irrelevant content in the hopes of eliciting few (ill-deserved) laughs. I don't watch Top Gear/The Grand Tour for political commentary on topics that have nothing or very little to do with automotive culture.

On top of this we have their not-so-recent foray into making Jackass-esque segments where someone falls over and/or crashes just so one of them can utilize an overused catch phrase.

I may not be offended, but I also don't think it's funny, and I am not entertained.

Reactions: MWF
Outrage aside, I think we can all agree that the joke was not funny and had zero relevance to the show.

I'm not going to stop watching a show because I found a joke offensive, but I will stop watching a show that begins to grasp at straws by including irrelevant content in the hopes of eliciting few (ill-deserved) laughs. I don't watch Top Gear/The Grand Tour for political commentary on topics that have nothing or very little to do with automotive culture.

On top of this we have their not-so-recent foray into making Jackass-esque segments where someone falls over and/or crashes just so one of them can utilize an overused catch phrase.

I may not be offended, but I also don't think it's funny, and I am not entertained.

Trigger warning!

I stopped watching after I turned off episode 5 while it was still playing. I read about the comment, but I don't feel any need to watch episode 6, no matter how good people tell me May's GT40 video was. If a show is crap, it's crap.

And as for Mark355, a growing number of people agree that the show is crap. Being right or left wing has no bearing as to this opinion. Everyone has an opinion, and my opinion of you is that you're a closeted homosexual who (using the British term here) fancies one or all of The Grand Tour presenters to the point where if someone dislikes one of them, that someone is automatically opposed to you in every way shape and form. Richard Hammond should mention you more often.

And as for Mark355, a growing number of people agree that the show is crap. Being right or left wing has no bearing as to this opinion. Everyone has an opinion, and my opinion of you is that you're a closeted homosexual who (using the British term here) fancies one or all of The Grand Tour presenters to the point where if someone dislikes one of them, that someone is automatically opposed to you in every way shape and form. Richard Hammond should mention you more often.
Aww, you're ok with me. You'll get your juice box and some orange slices. Calm down.

That happens everywhere. People get attached to things so much that it becomes a part of their identity. When the No Man's Sky fiasco happened, there were still some hardcore fans who "liked the game" and downvoted and flamed everyone because they were so invested and didn't want to admit that they made a 60$ mistake; or there are some delusional people who still swear by Samsung Galaxy Note 7 even though its hard-recalled and might explode any moment.

I enjoy Grand Tour, I think that it shows promise, however there is a lot they could do to improve and usually I'm the first one to criticise since I want this show to be as good as possible. There are, however, lots of people who think that it's perfect and if you don't like it, then it means that there's something wrong with you.